PDA

View Full Version : More Shotguns

TexasRanger_562
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
There were only 3 types of shotguns in Raven Shield, but 7 types of pistols (11, if you count the 4 types of machine pistols)

Considering how shotguns are important in CQB, I'd like to suggest that Rainbow Six 5 has a wider selection of shotguns, say five or six.

It's not a very important request. Just something to consider. What does everyone else think?

Brettzies
03-14-2006, 06:26 PM
The more the better. One thing I love about these games is the number of weapons available. I know it's time consuming to build, spec, and just create so many weapons, but even when they are too different, it makes for great variety.

I tend to stick with a specific set, however, it's just great for customization and making players both SP and MP feel unique. Someone may like an AK over a M16, or an MP5 over a UMP, even if they aren't that different. Be sweet to have shotguns as a secondary weapon, or in place of carrying two types of grenades. They could balance this out with a weight factor. The more gear you carry, the less maneauverable you are, or the faster you tire. I think GR:AW is incorporating something like this.

Chris_448
03-14-2006, 08:02 PM
What I don't ant to see is the primary being a rifle and then being able to pick a secondary weapon as a sub machine gun, that is too much firepower and makes it too easy

Brettzies
03-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris_448:
What I don't ant to see is the primary being a rifle and then being able to pick a secondary weapon as a sub machine gun, that is too much firepower and makes it too easy

Play balance. It's the same argument for not having multiple attachments. I know what you mean, I've wondered about that too. Really though, in this case, I just think there needs to be a trade off. Like switching between them takes longer then if you had a pistol, or it's cumbersome to move, something which takes the appeal out of turning into a one man armory.

Tacamo
03-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Hopefully they won't suffer the fate they suffer in almost every game. Being deadly up close with a maximum range of five feet, when you can get sniped with a pistol.

GSG_9_Rage
03-15-2006, 05:52 AM
i think that they should do what the UG team did. We added a breaching shotgun as a secondary. its effective aginst doors, not so much against people.

TexasRanger_562
03-15-2006, 08:32 PM
And I suggest adding the pumping sound as well. You never heard the pumping and ejection of the shell, only the gunshot.

Gillyy
04-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I love shotguns especialy with LOCK DOWN I like to blow out doors. If that is posible with RAINBOW SIX 5 VEGAS I realy want a lot of shotguns but they have to be real. If I may choose some shotguns I will choose the:

-Benneli M1
-Spas 12
-usas 15

These shotguns I really want. Of course I want more but these are important.

Relenquish
04-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
i think that they should do what the UG team did. We added a breaching shotgun as a secondary. its effective aginst doors, not so much against people.

I would prefer it as a tac aid slot.

Secondarys are if you run out of ammo in your primary, a breaching shotguns not going to fore fill that roll unless u make it effective against door and enemies.

spm1138
04-16-2006, 09:19 PM
How many do you really need? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I'd prefer a well modelled (and I don't mean "We've played with the airsoft of these guns!") selection of stuff that actually gets used.

I mean honestly, how many CT units actually use those silly automatic Daewoo shotguns for hostage rescue?

GSG_9_Rage
04-17-2006, 10:32 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif