PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to skin vehicles, tanks, and ships in BoB???

Tooz_69GIAP
02-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Being able to skin ships and tanks, etc, in the same way we can skin aircraft in the game would be very very cool.

Also, being able to skin individual crew members in multi pit aircraft, and perhaps even the ability to skin individual ground troops, and vehicle drivers, etc, would absolutely rock!!

Any chance this will be available in BoB???

Tooz_69GIAP
02-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Being able to skin ships and tanks, etc, in the same way we can skin aircraft in the game would be very very cool.

Also, being able to skin individual crew members in multi pit aircraft, and perhaps even the ability to skin individual ground troops, and vehicle drivers, etc, would absolutely rock!!

Any chance this will be available in BoB???

Bearcat99
02-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Although it would be nice.. can you imagie the lag when all the skinnable ships,men and vehicles have to DL? Id be happy with skinnable defaults, some kind of skinnable objects resembling signs, and the ability to individualize the multi engined crew members.

Longjocks
02-07-2005, 04:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
have to DL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think that's the key phrase though. There's no reason you couldn't opt not to.

csThor
02-07-2005, 08:36 AM
To make it an option is no option (*g*). Given the planned plane numbers and the new larger texture files I believe that BoB will stretch our gfx memory to its limits already. Adding skins for ground objects (which are hardly visible 99% of the time) is surely over the top. Additionally I can't see much sense in that feature - for a ground sim it would be useful, but for an Air Combat Sim ??

Longjocks
02-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Hey, I agree, I think most skins will never be seen and will be generally useless. I just don't believe in black and white without shifting the grey inbetween.