PDA

View Full Version : Your Preview Score

superkootje
11-03-2011, 09:37 AM
I thought it would be nice that people would score AC:R for all the trailers/info we have seen and experienced allready.

Score goes from 1 to 10.

I give AC:R for as far as i've seen a 8,2.
Because it looks better and better gameplay but it also seems repedetive.

playassassins1
11-03-2011, 09:41 AM
I would give it an 8,5.

superkootje
11-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by playassassins1:
I would give it an 8,5.

Nice, any thing to add to it?

eagleforlife1
11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I will give it an 8. The things preventing it from getting a 10 is Ezio being 52 years old and still running around like he is 17 and the fact that the hagia Sophia has all four minarets when in 1511 it only had two of them.

playassassins1
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by superkootje:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playassassins1:
I would give it an 8,5.

Nice, any thing to add to it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the graphics are improved, there are some new features like the hookblade and Constantinople looks awesome. Only thing is that they were using alot of dubstep and i hope there won't be anything dubstep related in the game.

Phenom13117
11-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I will give it an 8. The things preventing it from getting a 10 is Ezio being 52 years old and still running around like he is 17 and the fact that the hagia Sophia has all four minarets when in 1511 it only had two of them.

I understand what you are saying, but either Alex or Darby have already said that they do not want this story to be like MGS where Snake must come to terms with his mortality etc, hence Ezio is faster and wiser. He also has TWCB DNA in him, so maybe that is a factor

As to the complain about the Hagia Sophia and the minarets, the developers said that they were aware of that during development and chose to show all 4 minarets as that was a better visual, which I am sure you agree with.

So far, I'm going to give the single player aspect of it (Trailers, Gameplay, montages etc) a 9.25 and the Multiplayer section (trailers, impressions from the beta in my opinion) close to a 8.5. There is still time to showcase stuff.

Also we have no Desmond gameplay which I am sure will be interesting, considering the few tidbits that have been let out.

Moultonborough
11-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Of course not. A historical game with music from hundreds of years in the future. I don't think it would work too well. For my score I would have to go with 9. The only thing that is holding it back from a ten is the return of Full Synch requirements.

superbalex
11-03-2011, 10:43 AM
im giving it a 9, only thing keeping it down for me is the difficulty, as it seems it's gonna be even easier than the previous games..

eagleforlife1
11-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Phenom13117:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

As to the complain about the Hagia Sophia and the minarets, the developers said that they were aware of that during development and chose to show all 4 minarets as that was a better visual, which I am sure you agree with.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, no I don't agree with it. It doesn't make a scrap of difference to me about how visual it is. It is about the atmosphere of the city for me. In 1511 there was as a fact only two minarets, so, as a history student I was really disappointed when I heared that they had changed this.

Biomedical-Fire
11-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Until I get a chance to play it firsthand, it will get a 7.5 from me.

LightRey
11-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Seriously? We're complaining about the presence of buildings now? For the love of god at the least play the game first before complaining about it.

superkootje
11-03-2011, 12:18 PM
LightRey, what would you rate it as far as you''ve seen?

LightRey
11-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by superkootje:
LightRey, what would you rate it as far as you''ve seen?
At the very least a 9, but I'm expecting the experience to add that one last point to it.

eagleforlife1
11-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Seriously? We're complaining about the presence of buildings now? For the love of god at the least play the game first before complaining about it.

No one's complaining. I gave it an 8 out of 10 based on the previews we have seen. But by your logic I'm not even allowed to do that as I have yet to play it.

LightRey
11-03-2011, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

No one's complaining. I gave it an 8 out of 10 based on the previews we have seen.

By your logic we aren't allowed to compliment it either because we have yet to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're allowed to have expectations. You can't judge a game you've never played, just have expectations.

eagleforlife1
11-03-2011, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

No one's complaining. I gave it an 8 out of 10 based on the previews we have seen.

By your logic we aren't allowed to compliment it either because we have yet to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're allowed to have expectations. You can't judge a game you've never played, just have expectations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree and I don't think that I did judge it. I expected there to be two minarets. I am looking forward to this game just as much as everyone else on these forums but I am allowed an opinion as well.

CriticaHit
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM

You're allowed to have expectations. You can't judge a game you've never played, just have expectations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree and I don't think that I did judge it. I expected there to be two minarets. I am looking forward to this game just as much as everyone else on these forums but I am allowed an opinion as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if we want to be totally historical about this, a lot of what happens in this game doesn't happen or not in the same way. During some interview they basicly state that some things are done simply for gameplay reasons and not historical reasons.

As for my score, I'd say I'm somewhere up in the 9 range. I don't mind being Grandpa Ezio beating up kiddies to get off his lawn or buildings not being totally correct for times. The only reason I don't give this a perfect score is because I haven't had the chance to play it yet and I always expect something to be a little off in all types of games.

KrYpToNiC95
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Any idea when the actual reviews are coming out?

Chronomancy
11-04-2011, 07:40 AM
So your all reviewing a game that you've seen in mere YouTube videos... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

LightRey
11-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
So your all reviewing a game that you've seen in mere YouTube videos... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
Previewing.

Chronomancy
11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Previewing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More of a review but i'm just going to leave it at that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
11-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Previewing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More of a review but i'm just going to leave it at that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I can agree with that actually. This thread seems to have previews that look more like reviews, but w/e.

Cpt_Yanni
11-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Already had a hands-on with the single player. I'm giving it a 9+ due to the better lightning effects, atmosphere of the city and better variety of the buildings. Also the gameplay is smoother. After three hours of playing, I have the feeling that this will probably be the best AC yet.

superkootje
11-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
Already had a hands-on with the single player. I'm giving it a 9+ due to the better lightning effects, atmosphere of the city and better variety of the buildings. Also the gameplay is smoother. After three hours of playing, I have the feeling that this will probably be the best AC yet.

thanks for your review/preview 10 days left, really looking forward to it.