PDA

View Full Version : Timed Quests

Subtle54
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Currently playing AC2, First off - great game!

Unfortunately I'm of an age (around 60), where I wasn't born with a controller in my hands. So a little unsolicited advice to the developers. If you want to capture the growing market place of the mature game player, I suggest not including timed quests in those parts of the game that are basically essential to the storyline. For example: Visitazione's Secret with the advanced wall jump, attempted that for about two hours and then deleted memory. Unfortunately next on the agenda were three more timed quests, the Carnivale series. Anyone sensing my frustration?

Before I buy Brotherhood (when it comes out for the PC), could someone please tell me if I'm going to get similarly frustrated?

Murcuseo
01-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I too am waiting for the PC release so I can't say for sure, but you can expect some of the same in AC:B. It's a staple part of the diet in this game. Like anything it takes practise, just because you're around 60 doesn't mean you can't learn it. Just be persistent. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Best of luck.

LordWolv
01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I think there's about 2 timed quests relavent to the storyline in Brotherhood, but quite alot timed side quests.

I just don't like timed quests. I hate them.

kriegerdesgottes
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I HATE! anything timed. whether it's a race or a mission or whatever. If I am being time I immediately get frustrated and annoyed. One example in Brotherhood is the thief mission where he mocks your age and challenges you to beat him. That was the very last challenge I needed to get 100% synch and I kept my poor neighbors up trying to get that one. Anytime I see a clock show up on ACII or Brotherhood or any game I immediately cringe. Please stop putting timed crap into these games.

Murcuseo
01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I HATE! anything timed.

I read that as "I HATE anything <span class="ev_code_RED">difficult</span>.". Most games today are created for the casual gamer who in most instances, sucks when the difficulty is turned up.

I guess I'm part of a select few that enjoy games with a higher difficulty level. I would rather do a timed mission a dozen times than blitz through a whole game without even having to think. Saying that, the timed missions in AC are really easy.

RebeccaLH
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I like timed quests as they give you a challenge and make you change how you would usually play the game.
Though sometimes i do get annoyed as im not very good at them.

itsamea-mario
01-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I HATE! anything timed. whether it's a race or a mission or whatever. If I am being time I immediately get frustrated and annoyed. One example in Brotherhood is the thief mission where he mocks your age and challenges you to beat him. That was the very last challenge I needed to get 100% synch and I kept my poor neighbors up trying to get that one. Anytime I see a clock show up on ACII or Brotherhood or any game I immediately cringe. Please stop putting timed crap into these games.

The guy with an eye patch, that was a piece of p***.

utriej
01-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I for one love the timed quests as well. Adds a certain challenge that I like. Marked improvement from the flag chases in AC1.
AC2 they were all pretty easy. AC:B had some trouble with 2 of the theif one's.
My advice, just keep practicing. Once you have the movement down it'll seem easy. Try just taking a break and coming back after a day or two.

RedSpider
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM
One example in Brotherhood is the thief mission where he mocks your age and challenges you to beat him.
Oh yeah! That's a swine! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Subtle54
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Well I can see some people like the time quests, so perhaps instead of deleting the quests, the user should be given the opportunity of doing the quests timed or untimed at their discretion.

kriegerdesgottes
01-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I could live with that.

kriegerdesgottes
01-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I HATE! anything timed.

I read that as "I HATE anything <span class="ev_code_RED">difficult</span>.". Most games today are created for the casual gamer who in most instances, sucks when the difficulty is turned up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> hey If I want difficulty, I'll go to math class. I don't play games to be challenged, I mean a little big sure, but I play games like this to feel like a badass hero who lived hundreds of years ago without having to try hard. I do understand where you're coming from though, I guess to each his own.