PDA

View Full Version : PC CRASHES 6 minutes into the game

dantergil
05-08-2011, 09:43 AM
hi my pc crashes 5-8 minutes into the game. ive never had this problem with ac2 and the other games that i have work fine even at maximum settings.

these are my specs

windows vista ultimate 64bit
nvidia gts 250 (512mb)
4gb 1066mhz ram
amd phenom 9850 quad core processor 2.5ghz

i tried re-installing the game,updating it,almost everything i could think of. can anyone help me out?
Thank You

KingDaniel0
05-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by dantergil:
hi my pc crashes 5-8 minutes into the game. ive never had this problem with ac2 and the other games that i have work fine even at maximum settings.

Do you get any ERROR message when the Game crashes, or it just quits you to the Desktop ? Do you have a STEAM Copy of Brotherhood ? If yes, then try to Verify the Game Cache Files for AC:B, if necessary.

Have you tried changing the CPU Core affinity, and see if this makes any in-game difference or not ? (i.e. playing on 2 CPU Cores)

Btw, all other games on your PC currently work fine ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

dantergil
05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
yes i have the steam copy of the game and i did try changing the no. of cores. But it made no difference. It just crashes to the desktop displaying a window saying acsp.exe has stopped working and there have also been cases where my pc would just shut down whilst playing the game.

dantergil
05-08-2011, 10:00 AM
and yes all other games work just fine. I made sure all the drivers are up to date . No crashes no abrupt shut downs.

KingDaniel0
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
and yes all other games work just fine. I made sure all the drivers are up to date . No crashes no abrupt shut downs.

Hmmm... A bit strange.

Ok, as you are having a STEAM copy of ACB, then first try to Verify the Game Cache Files for this game now.

https://support.steampowered.c...p?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

By any chance, do you have ASUS GamerOSD, and SmartDoctor tools installed on your PC ? Remove and un-install them, as they have known to cause a Lag/conflict with some of the PC games.

*Actually. this Crash could also be related to your Video card i.e. the Nvidia GTS 250. Many other Gamers have complained about this Crash, and they too were having the NV 2xx series !*

I think this Game does not have a proper Support for this Nvidia Model Series......

------------------------------------------------------------

dantergil
05-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Okay. I will try that out and let you know. And btw i even disabled all the startup programs . Even that didnt help at all. I waited quite sometime just to play this game , now Im actually considering buying the dvd version of the game .

KingDaniel0
05-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Okay. I will try that out and let you know. And btw i even disabled all the startup programs . Even that didnt help at all. I waited quite sometime just to play this game , now Im actually considering buying the dvd version of the game .

*Actually. this Crash could also be related to your Video card i.e. the Nvidia GTS 250. Many other Gamers have complained about this Crash, and they too were having the NV 2xx series !*

I think this Game does not have a proper Support for this Nvidia Model Series......Read the posts made by 'Hemnxxx' out here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1051016/m/1331035919 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/1331035919)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

dantergil
05-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Yes even I was thinking the same after looking at the questions other users posted. Do you suggest upgrading my graphics card?

dantergil
05-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Thank you. I've gone through the post that you just mentioned, I think changing my card to a higher series one is probably the best idea right now. Thanks for the trouble . *Cheers* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Razrback16
05-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I know you said you updated the game, but have you updated your system drivers? Audio, Video, etc.? You really shouldn't have to change video cards. Do any other games crash at all?

KingDaniel0
05-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
I know you said you updated the game, but have you updated your system drivers? Audio, Video, etc.? You really shouldn't have to change video cards. Do any other games crash at all?

The OP has already updated the Drivers, and All other Games work fine, except ACB on his computer as told by him:: (""and yes all other games work just fine. I made sure all the drivers are up to date . No crashes no abrupt shut downs""......

Even I know changing the Video Card is not a feasible option, but there have many such cases relating to the NV 2XX series, where Gamers are unable to play ACB, or they face a Black Screen.

Again read the posts made by the Gamer 'Hemnxxx' in the LINK which I've given above. He did ALL sorts of updating, tweaking on his OS, but he was still unable to play the game. After a Video Card upgrade/change, he was not having any problem.

There are few more threads relating to the NV 2xx series of Video cards, but I'm unable to do search right now....

**Btw, If anybody else is using an NVIDIA 2XX series of card, and is NOT having any issues with Brotherhood, then please post a Reply here. List the full Model number of the 2xx series, and which Driver Version you are currently using**.

Thanks !

--------------------------------------------------------------------