PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER QUESTION

FA_Archangel
12-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Why is it that many of the planes do not have mixture control ? Most, if not all, of these planes had a manual mixture control. Also, some of the planes (Corsair, for example) only allow you to bring mixture down to 100%. All of these planes should have to be flown with full mixture and supercharger control. The challenge of constantly having to make these adjustments (especially in a dogfight) would increase the realism experience. I would love to see a fully realistic operational cockpit with all the cooling systems and other manual controls added but I realize many people would lose interest as they would find out that flying a WW2 era plane was alot harder than playing IL2 FB. But I think a fully operational mixture and supercharger system in all the planes (save for those that actually didn't have them) would be nice. Please don't take my complaints or anyone elses too hard. Your product is great and clearly without competition. We are all just trying to tweak it to perfection (LOL).

Von_Zero
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
some planes had automatic mixture control (like the 109, 190, etc)
some planes did not had superchargers, so there would be no need to switch them. probably there is a reason for not being possible to change mixture more the 100, or so.....
anyway, making all the switches, knobs, etc functional is not only a problem for the player, but also for the one that has to model the cockpit and for those implementing all that in the game code.

carguy_
12-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Oleg did change mix setting on the Emil to auto because in `41 it had one BUT in BoB it is not so.

It was a mistake IMO.If you don`t take the droptank don`t bother coming back.

clint-ruin
12-28-2004, 12:04 PM
A long time ago - I think around FB1.11 or so - Oleg mentioned that they were having problems simulating aircraft which had both automatic and manual controls for some aircraft systems, particularly mixture. They may have since resolved some of these for the newer planes but there may just be a lot of work involved in retuning others.