PDA

View Full Version : Italy Online Campaign.. and odd take-off issues

AndyGW
03-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know of an online Coop campaign that uses the Italy Online map? I use DCG and that has an italian camapign using the Netmountains map but its a little small.

On an unrelated issue.. sometimes while playing coop, either myself or my friends will have problems with take-off. Last night, some of the planes on the runway just started to turn slowly on the spot (before the engine was switched on) and continued to do so until the plane was at right angles to the the take off direction (it was raining and on a grass airfield). Worse, once these planes tried to get airbourne, no amount of opposite rudder had any effect on the direction of travel.

Last night was extreme, but from time to time, guys in the squad complain that the rudder does not seem to be affecting the direction of travel on their take-off attempts - and ive had it happen to me too.

Is this a bug or am i missing something. We're running Lowengrin's DCG btw.

Vanderstok
03-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Looks to me you were flying in bad weather. In IL2 there is wind, but it's implemented rather simplistic. Weather conditions may vary(from the top of my head):

-Clear
-Good
-Hazy
-Overcast
-Rain/snow
-Thunderstorms

The windspeed will increase from 0 (top) to high (bottom one) and this will affect your take-offs/landings. Indeed, with maximum wind speed the aircraft may spin around its axis.
Btw, I believe wind direction is always from the north...

msalama
03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
...until the plane was at right angles to the the take off direction (it was raining and on a grass airfield).

Yup, them buggers tend to weathercock something fierce. Whether this is realistic is however another thing altogether...

Zeus-cat
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
If the aircraft starts to turn on the ground, stand on the brakes. It may not be enough though. Start the engine, stand on the brakes, slam the rudder to counter the turn and givbe it a little gas. That should help.

On takeoff, run the throttle up and stay on the brakes until the plane is going fast enough that the "wind" is not a problem.