http://members.cox.net/us.fighters/tex1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/us.fighters/tex2.jpg

http://www.acepilots.com/cbi/hill.html

Eagle_361st
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Awesome Chimpman.

SkyChimp
09-29-2004, 08:44 PM
My company hosted him, and he gave us signed copies of his book.

Eagle_361st
09-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Cool, did you get to talk to him at all?

9th_Spitin
09-29-2004, 08:53 PM
WOW, that is great.

Rogodin
09-29-2004, 09:02 PM
That's amazing!

Wish I was there.

Rogo

Bearcat99
09-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Niiiiiice..

SkyChimp
09-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Only for a bit. He's coming back soon, and I hope to have time to chat with him at more length.

wayno7777
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Cool!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Snuffly
09-29-2004, 09:29 PM
lucky guy!!!

woofiedog
09-29-2004, 10:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifVery forunate indeed!

The man. Even more impressive.

Born in Korea the son of missionary parents, "Tex" Hill began his flying career as a U.S. Navy torpedo and dive bomber pilot. But when Gen. Claire Chennault put out the call for volunteers to form his Flying Tigers in Burma in 1941, Hill was one of the first in line.

From then until he left China three years later, Japanese pilots saw a lot more of the business end of "Tex" Hill than they'd bargained for.

Operating their tiger-nosed P-40 Tomahawks from grass and dirt strips, the Flying Tigers, facing unbelievable hardships and swarms of Japanese aircraft, wrote an unparalleled chapter in military aviation history.

Chased from one location to another by Japanese air and ground forces...getting their fuel, ammunition and supplies in a haphazard manner...performing aircraft maintenance under the trees...living in small enclaves under constant enemy attack, the Flying Tigers took to the air again and again to devastate the Japanese air armadas.

During an eight-month period, a handful of swift, heavily armed--P-4Os, piloted by courageous and skilled aviators, destroyed 297 Japanese aircraft. Twelve of those fell from the sky under the guns of Text Hill's Tomahawk.

After America's entry into the war and the deactivation of the Flying Tigers in the summer of 1942, Hill accepted a spot promotion to major in the Army Air Corps from General Chennault and remained in China to activate the 75th Fighter Squadron and later to command the 23rd Fighter Group The 23rd was probably the only air unit in American history to be activated in the field, under fire.
Before returning to the states in late 1944, "Tex" Hill and his P-51 Mustang scratched another six aircraft from the Japanese inventory. It is believed that he was the first to down a Zero with a P-51. Altogether, Hill destroyed more than 18 enemy aircraft to place him among today's top living American fighter aces.

During the closing months of World War II, Hill commanded the 412th Fighter Group, the first jet unit in the Army Air Forces. The group flew the Bell XP-59 and later the Lockheed P-80.

In July 1946, "Tex" Hill resigned his commission and left active duty. Shortly thereafter, he joined the Air National Guard and became the youngest brigadier general in the history of that service. He retired from the military in 1968.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-30-2004, 07:51 AM
Very nice.

Hawk_9th
09-30-2004, 08:10 AM
Good deal hmmm chimp you could give some of your local il-2 buddies a heads up next time he comes to town so maybe we could get a chance to bump into him lol

capt_frank
09-30-2004, 11:44 AM
damn, he lives a block away from my mother in san antonio! maybe i'll "introduce myself" next time in sunny SA... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

oh, and tommy lee jones has a house on elizabeth too.

essemm
09-30-2004, 11:53 AM
That kicks a$$

Visigoth_6
09-30-2004, 12:36 PM
I've know Tex for several years. We bird hunt together regularly. He still has those fighter pilot eyes and is quite a wing shot.

He also likes gin and ice.

jensenpark
09-30-2004, 01:42 PM
oh man, I am sooo envious!

How can I get a job with your company?

Yellonet
09-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Sweeeeeeet!

Now... who the hell is this Tex-person?

clint-ruin
09-30-2004, 02:29 PM
I thought you were going to say that huckles gave you his rectal hymen :<

DIRTY-MAC
09-30-2004, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Visigoth_6:
I've know Tex for several years. We bird hunt together regularly. He still has those fighter pilot eyes and is quite a wing shot.

He also likes gin and ice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are U being serius?

Visigoth_6
09-30-2004, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIRTY-MAC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Visigoth_6:

Are U being serius? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yessir. He can't move around as well as he use to, but sitting in a dove chair God help any dove that comes within range. Two years ago he dropped a hog right at dark with a paced off 200 yd shot. He hit it right in the ear.

And he does drink gin on the rocks.

PBNA-Boosher
09-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Much w00tness to you!

HamishUK
10-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Thanks to Vis and Heavy Delta I received a signed copy (paid for).

I have yet to read it but it sits proudly in my office at home awaiting my eyes

DIRTY-MAC
10-02-2004, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIRTY-MAC:

Are U being serius? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yessir. He can't move around as well as he use to, but sitting in a dove chair God help any dove that comes within range. Two years ago he dropped a hog right at dark with a paced off 200 yd shot. He hit it right in the ear.

And he does drink gin on the rocks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you still meet him?

ElAurens
10-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Very good SkyChimp!!!

I had the great good fortune to meet another Flying Tiger earlier this year, Peter Wright. They are a rare breed of men. (even though they don't think so), Chimp...do your best to get to know him. These heros will not be with us long.

Ham... I am jealous, of Skychimp..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

T_O_A_D
10-02-2004, 12:47 PM
That cool! Last time i looked in this thread I was not able to see the pics.

Those of you who know these men have been dealt a great Honor.

I am jealous, to say the least.

tenmmike
10-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Visigoth_6 is a man not prone to exaggerations, he has posted his pic while having a beer/other beverage with TEX HILL over at CWOS a month or 2 ago (it would be a month ago as that sept is when season starts)