PDA

View Full Version : Saving the game

A.B.O.Y
09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I was just wondering what type of save system it would be, like auto save or just save where ever you want, of if there is save points

PS: sorry if this has been asked before but i couldnt find anything on it.

IrishBender
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Hm, I can only remember that in the preview from E3 you saw the checkpoint saving logo after you killed Talal ut I believe they will let us save whenever we want, to.
Of course not in a mission like freezing everything but I think similiar to other free roam games.

MeAltairLol
09-24-2007, 11:35 AM
You know in the E3 demo (i think) it finishes with altair laying down in his bed, in the assassin's bureau ? well i think that might be a save point...

ScytheOfGrim
09-24-2007, 11:38 AM
my guess:

after you finish a key moment or a mission it autosaves.
or if you find an object (hidden flag) or kill one of the 60 templars, it autosaves.
but i think the "Save" option will still be available in the pause screen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

P.S. you can see the game autosave in the (i belive) On the Spot interview...

A.B.O.Y
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks people thats cleard some stuff up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Faylinks
09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
i hope its somewhat atomatic, ( atosaves )
becouse back in the day when i was playing the game GUN i forgot to save like 3-4 horuse into the game and i turned the system off to sleep. QQ.

IrishBender
09-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah but I can go through GUN 98 % in 2,5 hours
AC would even as a speed run take 12 hours
and now try it with true crime =(

A.B.O.Y
09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
how do you no ac would take 12 hours?

AirRon_2K7
09-25-2007, 02:14 PM
and why would you want to 'speed play' it >.<

FableB
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I think there will be "safe zones" to save in...

A.B.O.Y
09-25-2007, 02:44 PM
yeh that would be good, or if every time you walked/ran/jumped/hopped a mile it saved. Now that would be good.

avsrule247
09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
They will not let you save wherever you want to. I am positive that you will need to go to some sort of safe house.

moiendix
09-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Faylinks:
i hope its somewhat atomatic, ( atosaves )
becouse back in the day when i was playing the game GUN i forgot to save like 3-4 horuse into the game and i turned the system off to sleep. QQ.

I doubt that some speed runners did the latest P.o.P in under 1 hour and 30 mins!!! if what you say is true its going to take 2-3 dvds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by IrishBender:
Hm, I can only remember that in the preview from E3 you saw the checkpoint saving logo after you killed Talal ut I believe they will let us save whenever we want, to.
Of course not in a mission like freezing everything but I think similiar to other free roam games.

actually in the latest interview Patrice says that you can just swich targets whenever you want even if you just interrogated someone you could just leave and start a new misssion; so I think you could save during mission. but not like wen ur running fromguards or somthing.

PapaJoey
09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
it saves when you get to the top of a tall thing. it does a 360 degree rotation and then saves. everytime you turn the game on you will be up high.

DemonikCrow666
09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by PapaJoey:
it saves when you get to the top of a tall thing. it does a 360 degree rotation and then saves. everytime you turn the game on you will be up high. I hope it's liek that, that'd be so cool.

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
Posted Tue September 25 2007 19:44 Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishBender:

actually in the latest interview Patrice says that you can just swich targets whenever you want even if you just interrogated someone you could just leave and start a new misssion; so I think you could save during mission. but not like wen ur running fromguards or somthing. I think you are right, I think that the game automatically switches back to "Non-Mission" mode when you kill your target and are runnign away, however I still doubt this slightly.

Phobos14
11-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Has anyone heard or seen anything different about this. I like auto saving features but it is sometimes nice to be able to shut that off in case you do something you dont want to do.

Or you just have the nights that you wanna get drunk and stab people and dont want to save anything.

Iskander_Estel
11-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Phobos14:
Has anyone heard or seen anything different about this. I like auto saving features but it is sometimes nice to be able to shut that off in case you do something you dont want to do.

Or you just have the nights that you wanna get drunk and stab people and dont want to save anything.

man this is a post from AC1...
but as far as we know there is going to be auto-save system
and in the pause menu don't look like it has an option to manual save.

Captain Tomatoz
11-08-2009, 01:20 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/vM9*o396UTnqmLL30yZXAER0dCPJwS8R1c1Gnye6pYqqUCSJb8 QfDaaTT7bfbcEMH4Bk3bGVgZindUPyCYsUu2ACBZWcKRI8/zombies_1024x768.jpg

El_Sjietah
11-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Kill it!

Kill it with fire!!

drunk-in-acre
11-08-2009, 06:37 AM
This must be Valve sneaky advertising Left 4 Dead 2! It's coming out the same day as Assassin's Creed II! Kill them zombies!

Phobos14
11-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phobos14:

man this is a post from AC1...
but as far as we know there is going to be auto-save system
and in the pause menu don't look like it has an option to manual save. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I knew the thread was old but after doing a search it was the only post on a game saves I could find.