PDA

View Full Version : 1476 to 1503

EzioAssassin51
11-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Something else i was thinking of was the time the game takes place in!

This game is mostly about vengeance for Ezio right? Well, i was thinking it's a bit weird how it takes Ezio 27 years (Quick Math... 17 - 44 years old) to kill and take revenge on the people who killed his family!

Can someone explain what is going to happen with this? I know some of it will be assassinating people for Medici but i doubt that will take up like 15 years of his life or something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

HewieAlbino
11-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Most of Ezio's targets are high profiled people. Yes I know Altair's targets were too yet it took him only a few weeks to finish the job.

But the differences between them is:

1.) Altair's targets do not know who has been killing them one by one, but Ezio's do.

2.) Altair has been a Master Assassin for god knows how long, Ezio is still training and maybe he'll still be training for the first couple of years.

3.) Altair's targets, unknowing of the feathers on their heads, appear in public often. Ezio's will most likely go into hiding after finding out he's after their blood. So it will take time for him to find the right chance to strike.

4.) Unlike Altair, Ezio is not sure of who to kill. His family has many friends and enemies, he has to investigate and find out who is who, instead of going around murdering everyone he knows.

5.) There was an interview or article (I forgot which), that mentions that along the way, Ezio learns that justice is more important than revenge. So instead of pursuing his own goals, he will help others first.

There might be a few more reasons. These are just my theories on why the game spans 27 years.

EzioAssassin51
11-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks a lot! That is a very good theory as you call it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But feel free, anyone else to add your own info!

Azugo
11-12-2009, 03:56 AM
Another one with "Ezio" and "Assassin" in their username. XD

I'm not really sure why it goes over 27 years. Maybe he just has alot of people to kill.

By the way, you use exclamation marks alot!

Mcmole2
11-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Remember, this takes place during the Renaissance, so of course Ubisoft can't just focus on a year of the time, as that would just spell complete and total disaster. I'm sure the scriptwriters have made a compelling story that would require a story of 30 years. Ezio may kill off a few people, but if I'm not mistaken, you play a significant in some conspiracy during the Renaissance. I can't remember the name of the whole conspiracy, as the name completely escapes me, but I know it deals with trying to dethrone the Medicis.

EDIT: Just found it, it's the Pazzi Conspiracy, where the Pazzi family attempted to murder the Medicis in 1478, which is 2 years after the game starts, so I guess it's safe to say that Ezio plays a major part in foiling the conspiracy. I guess that he then spends the next several years finishing off those who were part of the conspiracy and responsible for killing his family.

the amolang
11-12-2009, 05:50 AM
I think that Ezio doesn't know everyone thats involved in this conspiracy, and so it might take him a long time to find out, even years. In one leaked video it showed a spider web type "graph" that showed the connections between conspirators and lots of them were just question mars, so I expect you find out more throughout the game...

Mr_Stunner
11-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Well I guess they are considering since Ezio has born till the finish of the game.... So the frist 17 years will be useless in terms of revenger because his father is still alive

Mcmole2
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
No, you start out as Ezio in 1476, when he's 17 years old, and goes on from there. Who knows what exactly you will be doing for several years.

caswallawn_2k7
11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
actually the game does start at Ezios birth and the years leading up to his father passing on the assassins hide out and equipment.

craxe
11-12-2009, 05:25 PM
But the question is, do they count the years of him being 0-17?

ctuagent15
11-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by craxe:
But the question is, do they count the years of him being 0-17?
No they don't, it starts with him being born then jumps to when he's 17

EzioAssassin51
11-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
By the way, you use exclamation marks alot!

I know! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Thanks a lot for the facts guys and the help!

I think that Ezio doesn't know everyone thats involved in this conspiracy, and so it might take him a long time to find out, even years. In one leaked video it showed a spider web type "graph" that showed the connections between conspirators and lots of them were just question mars, so I expect you find out more throughout the game...

do u have a link for the video?

the amolang
11-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I do, but its banned on these forums. its the one where the uploader plays the beginning of the game. you'll see it when you play the game. its in the menu when you pause the game, the conspirators.