PDA

View Full Version : FPS Script

Halo_819
02-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi guys, I recently did a system upgrade and have reinstalled PF. I remember finding a post on these boards that explained how to write a script for the console to display FPS. I've searched but the ubi search engine goves me no results.
Can someone please post how to write a script for the console? I thank you in advance! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Halo_819
02-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi guys, I recently did a system upgrade and have reinstalled PF. I remember finding a post on these boards that explained how to write a script for the console to display FPS. I've searched but the ubi search engine goves me no results.
Can someone please post how to write a script for the console? I thank you in advance! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maple_Tiger
02-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Bring up the console and type,

fps SHOW START

or

fps START SHOW

LEXX_Luthor
02-16-2005, 11:33 AM
That script can go into "rcu" text file with the alias thing and you just type one key...same with changing dotrange settings and configuring aircraft icons.

@alias f fps SHOW START
@alias nf fps SHOW STOP

The "f" and "nf" then allows you to start or stop the fps meter by typing "f" (or "nf") in Chat console. Change the letters to anything you like.

Tip for the Re~installers: Backup the following files before Deleting your game...

"conf"
"rcu"
"bldconf"
"settings" (...in Users\doe folder)
Skin folder

I suggest backup the bldconf file as it keeps FMB data. Once I had to re~boot and the file became corrupted leaving FMB totally functionless (horror).

I had a backup

Halo_819
02-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Thank you Lexx, that is just what I needed! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Heinz_Schuss
02-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a complete list and explanation of the console commands?

I just don't know enough to write any scripts.

Jersey_Seven
02-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Ok guys. I can't even bring up the console.
The 'chat' key doesn't work even though its defined under commands.

Did a search in these forums on the word "console" and nothing came up.

Jersey_Seven
02-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Never mind. Found out on airwarfare.com that SHIFT+TAB opens the console.

But the keys I entered into rcu don't work. I have to manually type in 'fps SHOW START'

???

Halo_819
02-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Just copy and paste this into your rcu file:

@alias f fps SHOW START
@alias nf fps SHOW STOP

Bring up the console (Alt+Tab) type F and then hit enter. Close the console (Alt+Tab again) and you should have the frame rate counter at the top of your screen.

steve_v
02-18-2005, 03:09 AM
If you would like to have the il2/FB FPS meter always on without having to give console commands:

Open rcu file in il2 directory with notepad
Add the following line

@fps START SHOW

Close and save changes

You can always delete @fps START SHOW from the rcu file at any time.