PDA

View Full Version : kill stealers

CKY_86
01-09-2005, 06:30 PM
i hate em, ive made this thread to hear of stories that anyone else has of their kill being stolen & ways to deal with these lameos

mine

i was flying in the trovaille server & i baged myself a spit, it was going down engine smoking pilot dead & then this @sshole comes in, fires like 1 or 2 shots at him then flew away & he got the kill

another time in the same nite on same server, i got this p40 his engine on fire & pilot bailed i pulled away but watched him go down then i see this other p40 swoop down & fire on him & this was the same bloke.

i left the server after this happend & my team mate daid to me that it was my kill becos he was flying the p40, but i seriouslly wanted to turn my plane round & shoot this fu**er down, i was so pissed

so lets hear of yours

LEXX_Luthor
01-09-2005, 06:46 PM
What ya'll internets dogfighters need is Team Scoring, with no Brownie Points awarded for individual internet dogfighters. Ask Oleg to Patch Out the personal Brownie Point score, and add Red/Blue Team victory counts.

If we are worried that others steal our internet Brownie Point we are not much different from them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CKY_86
01-09-2005, 07:01 PM
good point but it would still happen, i like to have the satisfaction of watching a plane go down & know that it was me who downed him by seeing at the top of the screen CKY_86 downs some1, i dont play for points but it apperars to me that kill stealers do, on my server i dont tollirate it if i see s good dogfight going on i sometimes watch & after a kill has been made, soime1 comes down & fires at a crippled plane then i flame the hell out of them, give em a warning & if it happens again i ban em

Atomic_Marten
01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
There's zero point in mentioning and long thinking about this issue. You can only annoy yourself.. I had experienced KS many many times, and I can say that I have never done it to nobody online. Heck, I don't do that even to AI.

My opinion is that those who are intentionally doing it does not really belong to this sim at all..

Point of online gaming is to have good time and fun, and not to have ruined time. But I suppose that is what only mature (measured not by the years) online player can understand.

But we must understand just what online KS are (these are general points and are flexible).. for me shooting at enemy aircraft is KS:

1.when he emmit black smoke (and have friendly a/c on his tail)
2.when he is badly damaged (incapable of further fight), and running away (friendly plane will score 100 even if he lands in his base)
3.when his engine fails (and he is gliding towards base/Earth)
4.any force landed boogie, incapable of taking off and fighting

I did not include wounded pilot/dead pilot because we can not know about that.

KS is not IMO if someone jumps in and shot down your undamaged target (but some sportmanship must be obbeyed). Also, even damaged boogie is still threat so it must be 'evaluated' when he posses threat and when it is neccesary to jump in and engage him (aid your buddy that has damaged him).

Generally if I see some fight I'm first try to see who is 'winning'. If it is friendly plane, I get some alt and observe the situation. If someone jumps in or foe suddenly turns situation in his favour, I jump in.

Those and maybe some more are my opinions on the matter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif They can't be generally summarized; they are matter of situation and sportmanship.

Atomic_Marten
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>LeXXLuthor:
If we are worried that others steal our internet Brownie Point we are not much different from them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I totally agree on that one.

AFJ_Locust
01-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Well Ill tell ya this isint very nice but the other night I was in a game, I wont mention his name he knows who he is , Anyway I was flying around in a p39 against uber ki84s in a open pit game for fun....

I was having a hard time tracking down any kills
because my bird was slower then most of the other players flying spits & ki84c's, I finaly got me a Ki84, wing shot cleen off, after about 30 minuts of dodging a pair of them, & here comes this ja ck a s s, from know where dives down & shoots the wingless Ki84, while the other ki84 is doing his best to eat my face off.

Finaly the 2nd ki got me & That punk got the kill & never came back to even try to help...

I didnt say a word...........

I jump back into my trusty p39 & end up fighting a spit, Got a lucky passing shot & sawed his wing off this is around 900m or so & here comes the same ja ck a ss & steals the spit !!!

I couldnt belive the nerve of this jackal, So Im following him not saying anything, Infact I dont even think he seen me! Hes flying toward home base, hes coming in for a nice landing & I SHOT THE **** OUT OF HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then he respawned, Guess what I shot his **** again, Over & over he respawned & over & over I straffed him , The stupid thing is it didnt seem to bother him at all....

So I started thinking about the situation & relized it was probly some 10 year old kid who wasent very good but could shoot falling ac & maybe land for a thrill...

Boy did I feal like the Jackarse...

Maybe Im right & it was some kid or maybe it was some guy who knew he had been thiving on kills & figured he had it coming, either way I didnt feal very happy after my psychotic straffing spree LMAO.

Have any of you ever done that or am I the only ******ed monkey ?

asurob11963
01-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Why does it matter? really? Is someone awarding you a trophy for the most points on an online server? I think not. Who cares? It's war, frankly I want my teammates putting as many 50 cal into the enemy air as possible to make sure he goes down. The fewer of them in the air, the more of us, and ultimately we win the map...people who whine about kill stealing...well...Ill just save that comment.

DarkCanuck420
01-09-2005, 09:01 PM
They kill system should be baised on % (percentages because the "%" symbol looks nurfed)

in that case when the pilots bailed out or the planes on fire and u pull away the plan is @ 98% damage, so any one that wants to waste their time getting a couple % in points can.

This idea is so grand i should make it is very own thread! that is if someone hasnt already come up with this idea.

ALL AGREE SAY I.

"Neh!"
"who said that?"
"It was him, get him fellas"

================================================

VMF223_Smitty
01-09-2005, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asurob11963:
Why does it matter? really? Is someone awarding you a trophy for the most points on an online server? I think not. Who cares? It's war, frankly I want my teammates putting as many 50 cal into the enemy air as possible to make sure he goes down. The fewer of them in the air, the more of us, and ultimately we win the map...people who whine about kill stealing...well...Ill just save that comment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.
I used to fly the DF servers when I first came to this sim. First at Ubi as a noobie, then HL as I learned my way around the community and had some great people educate me.
For the most part, DF's are the pits. I know that they serve a function and that some people enjoy them, but if I want to go up against human pilots, I'll stick to organized squadron on-line coop missions.
No muss, no fuss, no bickering and the bonus is you get the reward of team playing.

Athosd
01-09-2005, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by asurob11963:
Why does it matter? really?.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Dr Phil Mode]
The issue is perceived rudeness by an unknown party who offers no explanation or apology. It is the cause of a great deal of angst (and not a little gunplay) all over - not just on the internet.[/Dr Phil Mode]

I don't generally let it bother me - but I do see many others who get really steamed by these efforts to obtain unearned kudos (however trivial the kudos may be).

LW_Icarus
01-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah, When some guy sweeps in on a plane I obviously have shot down, and tries to pump a couple rounds in for the points, I pull the trigger if he gets in front of me.

Other than that, I try to ignore it. I dont fly for points myself, I fly to survive mostly, iit still upsets me when someone is obviously kill stealing on purpose.

kyjko
01-09-2005, 10:57 PM
The only score that really counts is RED WON or BLUE WON. Who cares if you shoot down 50 planes all by yourself but the other side wins because they took out the bridge you were supposed to be defending??? Think about it. Do you play to win the mission or to just rack up your own personal score??? I'm not flaming the original poster just wanted to make a point.

pourshot
01-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I will tell you a story, I hardly fly dogfight servers but when I do I have a wing man.We fly as a team, so if one of us gets bounced,stuffs up or runs outa ammo the other guys there in a flash to finish the job.

Now this one night my wingman is not online and I go into a dogfight server alone.Pretty soon I get involed in a furball so I pick a 109 off the tail of a friendly and score a kill then I see a team mate on the tail of a 109 so I fly just of his six to make sure he's ok, after much turning and twisting my guy brakes off(I figured he's winchester)so I finish the not very damaged 109.

Then I am accused of kill stealing LOL. Thats the last time I fly team work with someone not in my squad.

Zneg1
01-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Actually when I first flew online, I would go after somebody that looks like they need some help. You know I would follow a fellow RED or BLUE (yeah I fly both sides) and then help when there is a chance for me to bring down the other side.

Only then later did I realize that this behavior of mine CAN/IS considered as KILL STEALING. Now when I fly online and somebody wants to help me bring down the other side it does not annoy me. I actually welcome it. This happened yesterday several times at Greatergreen specially on the smaller desert map. I mean isn't the point to help win your side? of course it is TOTALLY different when somebody goes AFTER a burning plane and shoots it off to get the KILL or points that totally idiotic.

Just some comments because an online noob would more likely do what I did at the beginning without thinking it can be seend as KILL STEALING.

WOLFMondo
01-10-2005, 12:36 AM
I hate kill stealers. WHhen on Red they always fly Spitfires and when on Blue they always fly 109's.

jeroenrepk
01-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Good point Zneg1, I fully agree that it should only matter that your team wins. Who cares who gets the kill, as long as the ennemy plane goes down your team has an other boogy less to wory about.

And Mondo, I don't thing generalysing works here, there are a lot of non-kill stealing Spit, and 109 flyers. It's just that there are so many Spit, and 109 flyers that it's logic that also the largest percentage of kill stealers fly's Spits, and 109's.

I don't have anything against Kill-stealers, as long as they don't start shooting on a burning plane, or a plane without wings. I allway's try and stay above the battle, and if the ennemy gets on the tail of my teammate, I jump in, that way you'll ensure both your planes life.

WOLFMondo
01-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Oh...I do agree but everytime im in a P47, P38 or FW190 and I've got someone running, there engines broke or even on fire and going to hit the ground or bailed out a Spit or 109 jumps in a steals the kill. I hate Spitfires so much now (despite them being one of my all time favorites) they've driven me to flying blue/FW190 online in an effort to shoot as many down as humanly possible.

HotelBushranger
01-10-2005, 02:57 AM
"it should only matter that your team wins"

True, but there is still such a thing as good sportmanship. If you see an enemy go down, you let the victor have his kill, not go down and scab a few shots to take the kill. Its not necessarily the matter of how many points you get from the killing, but its the fact that you had to put in a lot of effort to shoot the plane, and you wouldnt want that taken away from you. Kill stealing is just a way of showing how desperate and pathetic you are. Not pointed at anyway, btw.

Atomic_Marten
01-10-2005, 03:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarkCanuck420:
They kill system should be baised on % (percentages because the "%" symbol looks nurfed) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the answer. For example, you saw off the wing of an enemy fighter. Therefore he receives 100% damage. You get 100% points, thus - 100.(if you manage to safe land in base). And everyone else can shoot at it after you saw his wing off - but no points for them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

Current system of scoring is far from good, but that is just because of immature people.

CKY_86
01-10-2005, 04:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarkCanuck420:
They kill system should be baised on % (percentages because the "%" symbol looks nurfed) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the answer. For example, you saw off the wing of an enemy fighter. Therefore he receives 100% damage. You get 100% points, thus - 100.(if you manage to safe land in base). And everyone else can shoot at it after you saw his wing off - but no points for them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

Current system of scoring is far from good, but that is _just_ because of immature people. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that would be a very good idea it would certinlly stop the idiots from grabing an easy kill, but it would proberly end in online flame wars over who got the most damage to it but very good idea.

as i said i dont play for points but i like to know that aircraft going down with 1 wing is through the skill of my flying.

im not flamming anyone here but to the people who say it doesnt bother them, let me run this situation past you
your dogfighting with an enemy plane, you are both evenlly matched, you are so concentraited as to what the enemy a/c is doing, your glued to the screen, after alot of twisting & turning & various potshots from eaither craft you score a direct hit on his engine, it catches fire, the pilot bails, the plane spinning out of control, you watch it go down then some1 comes out of nowwhere, fires a few rounds wich destroy the burning plane, wich you fough in a ferocious fight with & emerged the victor, & gets the kill.

i think this must bother even the calmest of us pilots if not then ive certinlly got told lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jeroenrepk
01-10-2005, 05:09 AM
lol CKY_86, I didn't say I'm not going berserk behind my computer if someone does that. But after that moment of madness, I think by myself...a wel...I know I killed that guy and that is enough. I can see the track back, take screenshots from it knowing I killed the guy.

And also, ennemy down, and you get to life an other battle. As long as I am able to dogfight the ennemy, and land my plane safely. I'm happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FF_Trozaka
01-10-2005, 05:12 AM
This is why i dislike flying alot of dogfights. People are there for different reasons. If you want teamwork, fly with a squadron ,it really changes the way you look at the game. You still get satisfaction of personal score, but most important becomes the TEAM SCORE. I get more satisfaction flying home with no personal kills and a squad victory than any amount of personal kills could give me.

HotelBushranger
01-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Agree completely, CKY_86. You want you're hard work to be rewarded with a downed enemy, points or not. It proves your skill. Other people, who (I would assume) can see properly than the enemy's going down, should leave it alone, and let you have your victory.

veloraptr
01-10-2005, 05:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i think this must bother even the calmest of us pilots if not then ive certinlly got told lol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all, My only concern during an online DF is surviving the engagement. What happens to the other plane after doesn't concern me. If someone wants to grab a point or simply tear the other plane apart, by all means, but I think it's a waste of ammo.
In regards to having someone shooting at your enemy (possibly already a wounded enemy), I welcome all the help I get, as long as they don't too gung ho and blow me away also. That's why If I'm working to get into position on someone or have already damaged them and a team mate jumps in, if I think he has a better angle or a more capable plane, I'll pull out and observe from higher up ready to provide backup.
As far as points go, If it wasn't for the need to rearm and refuel, I wouldn't bother landing. I think the fun of playing a detailed Simulator such as this is trying to immerse yourself into the battle of the times. IMO worrying about some point system destroys the immersion and takes away from the actual fun, air to air engagements.

jeroenrepk
01-10-2005, 05:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by veloraptr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i think this must bother even the calmest of us pilots if not then ive certinlly got told lol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all, My only concern during an online DF is surviving the engagement. What happens to the other plane after doesn't concern me. If someone wants to grab a point or simply tear the other plane apart, by all means, but I think it's a waste of ammo.
In regards to having someone shooting at your enemy (possibly already a wounded enemy), I welcome all the help I get, as long as they don't too gung ho and blow me away also. That's why If I'm working to get into position on someone or have already damaged them and a team mate jumps in, if I think he has a better angle or a more capable plane, I'll pull out and observe from higher up ready to provide backup.
As far as points go, If it wasn't for the need to rearm and refuel, I wouldn't bother landing. I think the fun of playing a detailed Simulator such as this is trying to immerse yourself into the battle of the times. IMO worrying about some point system destroys the immersion and takes away from the actual fun, air to air engagements. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you there all the way. Well said, this is my approach to dogfighting too. (only I do get a bit pissed sometimes, but I just keep that to myself, no use in flaming someone for that, because I know he was just trying to help us win the battle)

CKY_86
01-10-2005, 06:41 AM
i think its intersting that people have diffrent views on kill stealing

Diablo310th
01-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Fly on WarClouds where the only important thing is to win the map for your side. As long as we win teh map and accomplish the objectives I don't care about my score. It's another good reason to fly coops with squadmates.

jeroenrepk
01-10-2005, 07:19 AM
There is an other view on this too. When playing propper Boom and Zoom tactics, like I do most of the time. Some pilots might get the impression that you are attacking 'their' ennemy. But in fact you had allready attacked that plane first, and while you climbed and turned around the other guy attacks the ennemy. If he hadn't seen you, he will think that you steal 'his' kill when you come back for a second attack.

It is indeed interesting to see that a lot of people have diffirent opinions on this matter. I can only say, be gratefull if a teammate kills a plane, even if that plane was in front of you. And try not to enter a battle that is allready won by a team mate of you.

Heavy_Weather
01-10-2005, 07:23 AM
guess one way to stop this from happening is to take away the scoring system.

Diablo310th
01-10-2005, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeroenrepk:
There is an other view on this too. When playing propper Boom and Zoom tactics, like I do most of the time. Some pilots might get the impression that you are attacking 'their' ennemy. But in fact you had allready attacked that plane first, and while you climbed and turned around the other guy attacks the ennemy. If he hadn't seen you, he will think that you steal 'his' kill when you come back for a second attack.

It is indeed interesting to see that a lot of people have diffirent opinions on this matter. I can only say, be gratefull if a teammate kills a plane, even if that plane was in front of you. And try not to enter a battle that is allready won by a team mate of you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif totally.

Daiichidoku
01-10-2005, 09:54 AM
I find it funny that a few ppll have mentioned Spit and 109 drivers as main culprits in KS....I have usually noticed its the Ki84C and La7 3xB20 guys that do this...followed closely by Yak 3P and Spits

Daiichidoku
01-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Heres a link to a thread in ORR about the subject...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=2061002262&r=9491092262#9491092262

and heres MY rant on the subject, taken from tha tthread...

points sytem in FB/PF is silly anyhow, and should only be eliminated entirely, as it promotes kill stealing and does not reflect any skill in the game...in a server with no AAA any doofus can bomb a coupla ships and rack up a large "score"

better to go with, and I have no idea on this good earth why 1C didnt do it this way from the start...is to have an individual/team kills/losses counter, something like Janes WWII FIghters had

IRL, THAT is what is was all about, expecially keeping the "lossses" column as low as possible, 0 being ideal (youre still alive!)

maybe then ppl would think about saving thier hide, and that of a friendly, instead of rushing headlong in thier noob 84Cs and La7s to blast or pepper an enemy who has already been PK'd, or is falling out of the sky in pieces, or is OBVIOUSLY going to be a lawn dart, or is OBVIOUSLY going to try to land with an engine that is dead, and props have stopped

Janes also had kill messages awarded when enough damage had been done to the plane that if it would not almost surely eventually come down, it was so damaged as to make it unusable as a threat to anyone else, or a PK...why does this newer game lack such common sense?

Everyone could see at Janes the kill award message on screen, and would look fo rfresh tgts, it seems in FB/PF, ppl look for the easy points, and it is not uncommon to find that 4 or 5 or mor eof your friendlies are chasing a lame duck with thick black smoke from the plane, trying to get that magical 100 points, instead of help a friend who is now surrounded by 4 or 5 enemies

DO AWAY WITH SILLY POINT SYSTEM!

I know when Ive ammassed 300 points, or example, and that those 300 points have come from the same sortie in my Jug, or I have got the 300 points by getting a kill each time in 3 sorties in my Jug, that I have a 3 to 0 K/L ratio...excellent! a pat on my back!...meanwhile, there are ppl on the same server, who, because they are only bouncing ppl taking off, or are stealing kills left, right, and center, have something like 1000 points or more....and ya just know they feel like they are hot s h i t in a mug....but they are really cold diarrehrea in a dixie cup, cuz they have gone through at least 5 or more planes to get there....so the 1000points looks good to ppl, who think its sad to have a "mere" 300 points, but there K/L ratio is 2 to 1, or worse!

Slick750
01-10-2005, 10:15 AM
The point thingy should be takin off, last time I played (4-5 weeks ago) it was all about points and kill stealing. I was flying over our carriers, when I spotted a HE-111 with torpedos comming out of the clouds heading straight for the carriers, so I did half a roll and dove down on hit.I smoked an engine on first pass climbed back up for another pass. Then I saw a teammate diving down on the bomber, good with a little help we might be able to bring it down just in time I figured. But then what appears in the chat bar is "HE MINE HE MINE HE MINE. Now im waiting for my joystick I lent my brother so I can play lan instead. I'm sick and tired of all the sour puss I see online, not just in IL2. I'd rather be in CS:S server "your a ***...no your a ***...no your THE ***".

Franzonto
01-10-2005, 10:44 AM
As some people already said:

It's true that kill-stealers suck, but often it's just a misconception of the situation, and then people that accuse people of kill-stealing can be a far greater pain in the ***.

Not so long ago I shot someone up pretty bad during a head on. I made a turn immediately, because I wanted him in pieces to underline my victory. That guy was trying an emergency landing right out of that situation, meaning he just lowered his gear at the high spead he was and was trying to land on the airfield right below us. It took me 10 seconds to turn around and open fire, of course he hadn't touched the ground yet, but for killing him during this emergency landing approach I was insulted as honorless and always kicked from the server...

I can tell you this sucked more than being shot up 10 times during a landing approach after a return of a a successfull sortie.

People should be cool, ****it.

Yimmy
01-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Christ... there is no "honour", in online gaming... it is a game after all!

I should mention that I have not tried the game on MP yet, and I do not mean this personaly against anybody, but in general I think it is pathetic that people should be upset by people shooting at planes which they have already destroyed. When I play an online game, I play it for fun; personaly I find playing the actual game gun, and find "killing" an enemy to be very rewarding. I do not find fun, nor play a game to look at a score board, neither do I feel any admiration for those with high scores.

Now, who cars about someone shooting a plane which you sent down burning? You will always find idiots when playing against random people on the internet, but unless they directly effect your game by flying into you or somesuch, get over it.

oldschool1992
01-10-2005, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LW_Icarus:
Yeah, When some guy sweeps in on a plane I obviously have shot down, and tries to pump a couple rounds in for the points, I pull the trigger if he gets in front of me.

Other than that, I try to ignore it. I dont fly for points myself, I fly to survive mostly, iit still upsets me when someone is obviously kill stealing on purpose. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until the plane hits the ground its not shot down. It may be bad form to go after a plane that looks as if its going down but until it hits the ground its anyones plane. And shooting at your own teammate that is trying to finish the job isnt much better. I think team killing is probably worse.

slarsson
01-10-2005, 11:43 AM
It's just not worth the heartache. Forget it.

EVERYONE has stolen kills, by intent or chance.

CKY_86
01-10-2005, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oldschool1992:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LW_Icarus:

Other than that, I try to ignore it. I dont fly for points myself, I fly to survive mostly, iit still upsets me when someone is obviously kill stealing on purpose. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until the plane hits the ground its not shot down. It may be bad form to go after a plane that looks as if its going down but until it hits the ground its anyones plane. And shooting at your own teammate that is trying to finish the job isnt much better. I think team killing is probably worse. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not when pilot ballied,or lose of wing

Daiichidoku
01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Some ppl say, fuggagettaboutit!

But one of the main pleasures of this game is to fight an opponent, a human one, not a computer, and beat him, to get the SATISFACTION of seeing him bail, lose a wing, snap in half, auger into the ground, or just plain blow the heck up!

When you have fought a hard battle, one on one, with a great pilot, pushing both to the limit, and having likely expended a good deal of ammo, to see some lugan in a noob plane swoop down and joyfully blast the guy that YOU crippled, or PK'd, or even took a wing off, and HE gets the satifaction of seeing the guys last monet in HIS crosshairs, and HE gets the kill maessage flashed for all to see, and HE gets the silly 100 points, its hard to relax....this kill-stealer has snatched one of the great payoffs, or "money-shots" of playing a flight combat sim (DF servers, anyhow) from YOU, and taken it for HIMSELF, without any consideration for YOU and YOUR efforts....and this same guy will most liekly NOT be around when you need your 6 covered, whish he COUDL have been doing, instead of stealing your kill

I wont hesitate to team kill anyone who continually steals my kills, shoots over my shoulder to do so, collides with me to do so, or drops right in front of me while Im firing at a tail

CKY_86
01-10-2005, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
When you have fought a hard battle, one on one, with a great pilot, pushing both to the limit, and having likely expended a good deal of ammo, to see some lugan in a noob plane swoop down and joyfully blast the guy that YOU crippled, or PK'd, or even took a wing off, and HE gets the satifaction of seeing the guys last monet in HIS crosshairs, and HE gets the kill maessage flashed for all to see, and HE gets the silly 100 points, its hard to relax....this kill-stealer has snatched one of the great payoffs, or "money-shots" of playing a flight combat sim (DF servers, anyhow) from YOU, and taken it for HIMSELF, without any consideration for YOU and YOUR efforts....and this same guy will most liekly NOT be around when you need your 6 covered, whish he COUDL have been doing, instead of stealing your kill <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is what im saying

_54th_Target
01-10-2005, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Now, who cars about someone shooting a plane which you sent down burning? You will always find idiots when playing against random people on the internet, but unless they directly effect your game by flying into you or somesuch, get over it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said it Yimmy. The only people who really get bent about this stuff are the people who are trying to rack up a big score.

_54th_Target

StanlyGoodspeed
01-10-2005, 01:20 PM
oh... those stealers. we weren't talking about the ones from pittsburgh? well aright then... GO PATRIOTS!

NORAD_Zooly10
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
unfortunately its the way things are and we cant really change it, personally i prefer to know i have done my part for the squad or team (with/without getting shot down, i dont care).
~S~
Zooly

WUAF_Badsight
01-10-2005, 03:44 PM
man is there some hilarous people in this thread . . . . .

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/clippa-whine_killsteal.JPG

you would think that being growen adults , & that having seen this happen over & over & over . . . .. that you would eventually just get used to it . . . . .

Gibbage1
01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
I cant even comprehend the LAMENESS of some players that KS. It was a LOT worse in the old IL2 days when almost everything had 1 20MM and 2 MG's but the P-39. Everyone would fly the P-39 N1 and wait for a smoking carcus to fall out of the sky and then try to hose it down with MH's before it hit. I swear, one day I watched 3 P-39's lawn dart into the ground going after a falling 109 with NO WINGS WHAT SO EVER! All 3 P-39's pancaked with guns blazing, all trying to get someone's kill.

This is totally immature, and will be delt with harshly by me. Many time I have clipped wings off, and watched someone going after whats left. There is no excuse. There is no "I was just making sure he dies.... for the team!". There is no "I did not know he was dead". There is only "Im a skilless pilot who cant get his own kills". I know ultimatly the points dont matter. Most of the time I play I never look at points. But the fact that someone has the nerve to go after your victory burns me to no end. The people who do that are on the same level as the 10 year old Quake kiddy who wants a flyable Buzz Bomb. Same mentality that will take a Pe-8 with the 5000KG bomb and bomb his own runway "just for fun" and keep doing that. The same kiddy's that like to make virus's and send them out to see there name up on Symantic's most dangerous virus list. The kind of kid that things for some reason the game indutry owes them something, so they never pay for a game. If you think "Hay, Im not paying 40$ for a .50 cent CD and paper!" then you most likly kill steal. If you type in "l337" speak then you most likley KS. People who KS are TRULLY without skill, soals, or morals and should be burned alive.... Slowly. Using only bic lighters and twigs.

But thats just my openion.

OberUberWurst
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

SlickStick
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM
WUAF_Badsight,

Crimea River?!?! Hmmm...I'll go phonetic and imagine you meant "cry me a river". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

As for the kill-stealing, I think I know where they are getting the idea from. I've recently started messing with PF campaigns and I notice a plane can be on fire, smoking, diving into the ocean and the AI will follow it down and keep shooting at it, stealing the "kill" from your campaign credit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Points, schmoints....it's all about the Kill/Death ratio, baby!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif