PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Creed 2 Ideas.

UrthVT
11-15-2007, 05:50 PM
In my opnionin; "Assassins Creed 2" Should take place in Japan, as well as surrounding Countries, Korea, and China. I think that'd be awesome. I believe Ubi soft has proven they they can make a worth while assassin game. I think it woudl be awesome if they Studied and Conveyed the way of the Ninja, with the same persistance and Accuracy's as they did with the Hashshashin. It would alsoe be nice to see The Asian Archtecture In this broad assassin's world.

If you can't tell i am loving this game.

Sacrist
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Why make a "assassins creed 2" thread when the game was release like less than 24 hours ago -.-
And IF they will make a sequal then lets see what they will make ^^ for now lets play the game that just was released.

Psychopompador
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
i completely agree with the feudal japan idea...

kinda make the trilogy about famous types of assassins and the political ramifications of their hits throughout the centuries...

avsrule247
11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Please not Japan...

UrthVT
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
To Sacrist

Well, now is the best time to talk about an Assassins creed 2. Seeing as though this one seems to be a hit out of the box, I'm Sure UBI is already talkin' about an AC2. That's how the industry works. so I figured I'd get that idea out there, and maybe someone from UBI will read it and take it into consideration.
Trust me I'm throuroughly enjoyin' this one, and with my Ideas I look forward to the next one.

To Avsrule247:

Great Argument. You've proven your point in why they shouldn't use Japan greatly. *Digital High five*

abeed0786
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
ya i couldn`t deal with japan.

SrStumpy
11-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Please for the love of god not ninjas anything but ninjas. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

UrthVT
11-15-2007, 07:08 PM
So what other coutries have a great playable History in Assassination? and a stand alone assassins culture? do share.

ImpulsePainter
11-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I believe people that are saying "no on the ninjas" are referring to how cliche (missing an accent) it is. Although I do see how it would be cool, it seems to be pretty different and it'd be a stretch to link them (but I could think of a few ways).

Sinful_Groove
11-15-2007, 08:31 PM
AC will NOT become another Tenchu Z!

releaseO_o
11-15-2007, 08:31 PM
IN ASSASSINS CREED 2 YOU SHOULD GET A BAZOOOOKA!!!

lolnotreely

bokeef04
11-15-2007, 09:56 PM
if they made the second set in japan i'd rather they set it around the samurai then ninja's as i find samurai's to be alot more interesting and they have a very strict honour code

Lost_Control303
11-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
if they made the second set in japan i'd rather they set it around the samurai then ninja's as i find samurai's to be alot more interesting and they have a very strict honour code

Yea, exactly what i was gonna say

Moodath
11-15-2007, 10:47 PM
lol just posted this in the other forums...

*****SPOILERS************

Yona Guni was found outside the window at the end of the game along with a blood stain that resembled a japanese building.
Yona Guni is a real life island in japan.

In your Bedroom you found 130000...which is actully 1300 AD (The last 2 zeroes looked a bit messy to me, thats where i got this) 1300 AD was a big conflict period for Fuedal Japan, Korea,southern china and the goths.

5000 bucks says the next AC is Japan, in fact i'd almost bet foot on it. GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!

bokeef04
11-15-2007, 11:07 PM
the kamakura period ended in 1333, but the mongols invaded japan between 1272 and 1281, interesting point, one could argue you play the part in the end of the period in 1333

Zikro
11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Japan wouldn't be a bad idea but eh... there have already been so many of those types of games that Ubisoft would have to pull magic sprinkle fairy dust out of their logo to manage to make the game as special as this first one was.

Read:

Philip II of Macedon, the father of Alexander the Great, and Julius Caesar can be noted as famous examples. Emperors of Rome often met their end in this way, as did many of the Shia Imams. The practice was also well-known in ancient China like Jing Ke's failed assassination of Qin Shi Huang. The ancient Indian military advisor Chanakya wrote about assassinations in detail in his political treatise Arthashastra.

In the Middle Ages, regicide was rare, but with the Renaissance, tyrannicide - or assassination for personal or political reasons - became more common again. Rulers like Henry III and Henry IV of France as well as William the Silent of the Netherlands fell to it.

I would like to see a sequel take place somewhere in Europe. I'm thinking Rome, Greece, etc. Imagine the cities full of intense architecture just waiting to be climbed!

GuStick93
11-15-2007, 11:50 PM
dont u think there are enough ninja games...

agentazn303
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
I personally think if anything-

Assassin's Creed 2 should implement-

A: Dual wield of blades etc.

B: Crossbow to complement the throwing daggers, also, daggers do less damage and you can carry more of them

C: Implement poisons that you can lace your blades with. LEthal poison or knockout poison or something etc.

Possibly will thin k of more later, wondering if people agree"?

Lost_Control303
11-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by agentazn303:
A: Dual wield of blades etc.

That would be awesome.

C: Implement poisons that you can lace your blades with. LEthal poison or knockout poison or something etc.

If you're gonna be sticking a blade through someone, i don't think a 'knockout' poison would be needed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

fruni
11-16-2007, 12:47 AM
ould take place in Japan, as well as surrounding Countries, Korea, and China. I think that'd be awesome. I believe Ubi soft has proven they they can make a worth while assassin game.

NO EFFIN NINJAS OR JAPS PLEASE!! NINJA GAMES SUCK SO MUCH!

Psychopompador
11-16-2007, 12:50 AM
watch the ethnic slurs...

UrthVT
11-16-2007, 02:18 AM
It's Amazing How many Prejudices there are about "NInja Games". But, all of them seem to be absolutly illogical.

I Can understand the Fear of Another [Bad] Ninja game. But i have faith In UBI To make a great Ninja game. and, no I don't think there can ever be enough Ninja games. That's like askin Don't you think there are enough Fighting games, or driving games. It is a cool concept that The next Assassins Creed can be based around the Samurai. But, In the end when you are assassinating, concealing you self in the shadow, or poisoning, you've pretty much become a Ninja. The samurai were warriors, not Assassins. The Ninja Actually had a Very Simular Creed to the Hashahin. There is no way AC2 could become another "Tenchu Z" Because UBI is about Quality, and at some point the makers of tenchu Just stopped Trying.

The way i see it would Would AC2 Have to revolve around part 1? I Figure it could revolve around the company trying some thing else with the Animus somehow; Different story different Chars.

Looking at the Design of the Chars In this game, I firmly believe they could pull it off.

The Dual Blades Idea is awesome.

Ali_Barber
11-16-2007, 03:40 AM
I think it should be set in venice and the surounding land in the present day but were you can go into every building.

Tecneac1987
11-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Right as you're told to destroy the artifact, the hologram of the globe appears from it pinpointing 12 different areas scatterd throughout different countries (one being the middle east where this takes place). The scientist and lucy talk about it and mention that they're all artifacts like the one you're watching it on. They mention that some may be tarnished due to decay. Soon after this you use the Eagle Vision and discover the writings on the floors and on the wall of the bedroom. Seeing as how this is a franchise, and we can hope for more sometime in the near future (if you enjoyed it) how do you think these things will come into play? I thought about it for a minute and came to two conclusions.

As you're using the Eagle Vision and you're looking at the different writings in the lab, you can see different symbols and all sorts of different languages (only one i could really recognize was the Japanese writings). One of my thoughts is that if there is a sequel or a few more down the road, you will play as different ancestors to assassins of our time, just like you're playing as Altair, ancestor of Desmond. The reason for this is obviously due to the writings in the bedroom, and because the scientist mentions that you're "Test subject 17". Maybe we can hope that somehow you're controlling another individual playing a pivotal role in one of the other 11 artifacts that the lab's company is trying to obtain.

My other thought is that when they mention going to the area to retrieve the discoverd artifact, you can somehow play as Desmond as a main character tagging along with the lab team of some sort. It was said he was an assassin before he escaped at the age of 16, who knows what he was taught up until this age, so we may be able to hope for more action with the main character, and hopefully some flashback action.

Made a thread like this on the Xbox forums as well. Just copied and pasted mine.

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 03:50 AM
lol guys, i think the assassin's creed franchise is already very well planned, not just a sequel but maybe even a trilogy. look through the later pages in the "spoiler" thread for more information...
there's alot more to the game then it seems, things the game refers to and the emails tells alot about what might come after =P

wait...if you haven't finished the game yet, don't look at that thread..lol

and yes they should make AC2 because many have already finished the game xP

DI.Romanov
11-16-2007, 04:36 AM
I reckon they should make more Hitman styles of killing people, and give you more freedom as to how you kill your targets. you should be able to poison their food or at least let it be possible to kill your mark without having to kill or even be noticed by guards. Like realistically an assassin would try to do that, even their elite finesse at combat would fail them when they were taking on several men who were armed and armoured. I don't care where they put it as long as they just give you even more freedom. Great game as it is though, but even great games can get better... in my view anyway.

MiniAssasin
11-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by fruni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ould take place in Japan, as well as surrounding Countries, Korea, and China. I think that'd be awesome. I believe Ubi soft has proven they they can make a worth while assassin game.

NO EFFIN NINJAS OR JAPS PLEASE!! NINJA GAMES SUCK SO MUCH! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do any of you even know what real ninjas were even like. do some research before posting if not k

UrthVT
11-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fruni:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ould take place in Japan, as well as surrounding Countries, Korea, and China. I think that'd be awesome. I believe Ubi soft has proven they they can make a worth while assassin game.

NO EFFIN NINJAS OR JAPS PLEASE!! NINJA GAMES SUCK SO MUCH! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do any of you even know what real ninjas were even like. do some research before posting if not k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is my Point. I'm talkin about Seeing a Game of Ninjitsu But With Historical Accuracy's. Not so much ABout Historacal legends of magical beasts and Zombies *Coughs Tenchu*.
But in the End Zeshal has made a Great poin about The Franchise already being well planned. Considering how Hard they were advertising AC i'm sure they knew it was gonna be a hit and planned to take it that far.

This game makes me Excited.

MiniAssasin
11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
NO EFFIN NINJAS OR JAPS PLEASE!! NINJA GAMES SUCK SO MUCH![/QUOTE]

do any of you even know what real ninjas were even like. do some research before posting if not k[/QUOTE]

And this is my Point. I'm talkin about Seeing a Game of Ninjitsu But With Historical Accuracy's. Not so much ABout Historacal legends of magical beasts and Zombies *Coughs Tenchu*.
But in the End Zeshal has made a Great poin about The Franchise already being well planned. Considering how Hard they were advertising AC i'm sure they knew it was gonna be a hit and planned to take it that far.

This game makes me Excited.[/QUOTE]

yeah for everyone who doesnt know the true history behind where the ninja 'idea' comes from historically dont jump to conclusions.

SergeantCarnage
11-16-2007, 09:13 AM

You couldnt have an assassination game about samurai...their strict honour code you speak of is "bushido". I'm very familiar with it since it is tatooed on my ribcage. The samurai believed combat was to take in an honorable way, face to face on the battlefield. Ninja were the assassins of the day. They were mercenaries hired by the heads of fueding clans to handle the dirty work. Think of samurai as our soliders, and ninjas as our spies. They were just as skilled in combat but also skilled in the black arts of espionage, deception, stealth and assassination.

I agree ninjas would be a logical, but its been done baly so many times before. Ancient Rome would be great I think. There were assassinations galore in those days. Imagine the beautiful landscapes in that game. Other ideas....Civil War era, Old west era, Renaissance, would it be and ancestor of the same guy or a totally different person?

Tecneac1987
11-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by SergeantCarnage:

Other ideas....Civil War era, Old west era, Renaissance, would it be and ancestor of the same guy or a totally different person?

There was 3 pinpoints of other artifacts in North America (East Coast, looked like PA, MD, VA) on the globe hologram. That could very well be true.

SergeantCarnage
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Hmm I dont know of this globe hologram. Guess I havent played enough of the game, or wasnt paying attention.

endo23
11-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Play as Lee Harvey Oswald?

Ellis The Exile
11-16-2007, 12:50 PM
You'll most likely play as Desmond, because while I'm sure he was taught a great deal by his parents, by going through his ancestors memories, he's probably seen and acted as Altair enough to be able to pull off most of the things Altair did. Thats why at the end he can use the Eagle Vision like his ancestor.

I also believe that the second game would revolve around escaping the complex and rendezvousing with the other Assassin's that are left, to stop the Templars from getting the artifacts they seek. It really makes sense if you think about it, especially with that revelation about Lucy near the end of the game.

dd22cowboys
11-16-2007, 12:54 PM
You may be right about ninjas. Theres evidence of this in AC itself. I took this from a thread about the ending of AC. Its possible you wont understand it if you havent played AC. ***FREAKISHLY AMAZING SPOILERS AHEAD***

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Taken from a thread discussing the weird hidden words and clues at the end of the game within the modern section of the game...."Some of you might of noticed the words Yona Guni outside the window as well as a blood stain that looks like a japanese building.
Yona Guni is a japanese island, 1300 is actully 1300 AD...the time period in which Fuedal Japan, the koreans, and the goths had conflict.

In fact, just go google Yona Guni, or Assassins japan 1300AD and you'll see what i'm talkin about.
My money says Assassin's Creed 2 is japan, the next ancestor memory thats accessed was in fact a ninja." the thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6031058706/p/1</span>

Ellis The Exile
11-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I'd be seriously disappointed if they took Assassin's Creed in any other direction than picking up the story from where they left off. I personally have nothing against Ninja's but I just don't like that idea at all, sorry to say. =\

bokeef04
11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
You couldnt have an assassination game about samurai...their strict honour code you speak of is "bushido". I'm very familiar with it since it is tatooed on my ribcage. The samurai believed combat was to take in an honorable way, face to face on the battlefield.

i assume you have the 7 virtues of bushido tattoed on your chest? bushido or the way of the samurai was to live to die, samurai trained all day just to have the physical strength to fight for a few hours.

samurai would be an interesting choice for many reasons including samurai literally means to serve and they were exceptionally skilled with a range of weapons(yumi[bow] yari[spear] aswell as jō and bō), plus we dont even know the second will be about an assassin, also you are slightly incorrect in assuming that samurai couldn't be assassins, samurai assassins were called hitokiri(man slayer)

Fojos
11-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Samurai are not assassins, ninjas are. You can't make an assassin game about samurai.

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Ninjas are cool, But i like Altair 2 much for them 2 switch it 2 japan...

bokeef04
11-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Samurai are not assassins, ninjas are. You can't make an assassin game about samurai.
the definition of an assasin is:
a murderer: a killer, especially of a political leader or other public figure

definition of assassinate:
- murder somebody: to kill somebody, especially a political leader or other public figure, by a sudden violent attack

last time i knew anything a samurai was very capable of doing that. watch lone wolf and cub, it's about a samurai who is an assassin

Joey208
11-16-2007, 11:59 PM
i would hate the idea of of AC2 being in japan or even having ninjas because it is completely different from the current one. plus there are so many ninja games out why ruin the series of games by putting in ninjas.

+ I find ninjas to be stupid seeing how they were acutally really bad assassins.

bokeef04
11-17-2007, 12:11 AM
do you actually have a basis for saying they were bad assassins?

Joey208
11-17-2007, 12:18 AM
do you actually have a basis for saying they were bad assassins?

I have seen it on tv. not a movie but like history channel or something i cant remember what but i can remember that they said they werent the best assassins. but i never said they dident get the job done. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

but i could also be wroung because it was tv.

bokeef04
11-17-2007, 12:22 AM
just because they said they weren't the best doesn't mean they were bad assassins, but i agree with you, i dont wanna play as a ninja in the next one, due to the over exposure of ninja's in games, and the fact i have a much greater interest in samurai

PingyDingy
11-17-2007, 12:40 AM
I agree with fruni. No ninja yawn fest. AC was the best game I've played in a good few years. If it did turn into a ninja game (hopefully not) i think it'll turn alot of ppl away from it. But i wouldn't mind the same engine for the 2nd part of AC. The engine is great, the gameplay was great, the story was gripping. make the sequel.

oh btw obi was trying to make it realistic as possible to the century it took place. But with a style and story that looked and interesting, but also have that century look to it. (ie no dual wields) but if they do put more emphasis on the future side of it (hope not i like the past better, but if so) i think dual wields would be cool if they didnt over power the enemy.

In my final words i say that if they make a squel with the same engine, gameplay and everything else i would still buy it, keep it own it.

maddog111
11-17-2007, 02:27 AM
NINJA STINKS..AC 2 SHOULDNT BE IN JAPAN...THAT WOULD STINK..I HATE NINJA

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by maddog111:
NINJA STINKS..AC 2 SHOULDNT BE IN JAPAN...THAT WOULD STINK..I HATE NINJA

would people like to list me all the ninja games around.

for this amzing over abundance of then so far all i know of are:

shinibido

tenchu

UrthVT
11-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Well After Ending the Game and doin some research I've found that the next games Will more thank likely take place in Japan. Maybe for the most part; maybe not. But After Ending it and looking at all the writing and seeing the whole thing about the artifacts, it makes perfect sense for it to take place in Japan/CHina. whether it will be moderday or Past is yet to tell, But If you pay attention to all the signs after ending it That seems to be where the game is going.
It has also been confirmed that here will be 2 more Assassins Creed Games. As I said before, UBI Prides themsleves on their historic accuracies and how much research they are doing.

I'm Sure Assassins Creed 2 has Already been writtin', and is bring developed as we Type thsese words.
It's Really sad to see so many people have Prejudices Against ninjas. But, if the next one is about The feudal Era of Japan I look foraward to it; But Honestly, if the next one took place In Equador or Norway, I'd be sure to buy it. I'm Truely Engulfed in the story.

Seems alot of people have Personal problems with ninjas... LOL, well you'll be Ninjafied in the Next AC, YAY!!!

tmug
11-17-2007, 05:28 AM
here's an idea for the sequel: forget about it.

Deadly_apples
11-17-2007, 05:28 AM
AC 2 =

Not Desmond but a Japanese man using the Animus to see his ancestors. Similar to AC but in japan as a ninja or samurai.

AC 3 =

Desmond and Japanese guy try to spot the 2 doctors and the modern day templar from world domination.

Thats what i think pretty much =)

UrthVT
11-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by tmug:
here's an idea for the sequel: forget about it.

Game Pro:There's been talk of Assassin's Creed growing into a trilogy...

Patrice Desilets, AC creative director:
Well, we have a plan. We know where we're going. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I play a lot of sports games, and I feel like action/adventure has to go more towards a sports game mentality, of developing, but also of playing. You have a pretty vague objective -- go to Acre, and assassinate a particular person -- and then it's almost the same set of rules in each of the other cities, and it's how you play it. Just like in Madden, I'm there to play a football game; but will I play it on the ground, or will I be passing all the time? Depending on your mood, depending on the AI, you'll have different experiences. Assassin's Creed has that core, but with a really strong narrative on top of it, and that's where the adventure comes from.

So much for forgetting about it

midna1
11-17-2007, 06:21 AM
It's got to be medieval Italy. Florence in the age of the Medici. That was proper brutal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif. And the cities were amazing.

Tomich
11-17-2007, 07:03 AM
If they were goin to make AC 2 set in Asia then it would have to be a samurai since ninja's always work in the dark, they would have to get rid of the social stealth part of the game

Ellis The Exile
11-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Like I've said Assassin's Creed 2 will center around Desmond and his escape from the Templars and trying to foil their plans, perhaps with help from Lucy and whatever Assassin's remain. We'll see.

SergeantCarnage
11-17-2007, 12:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SergeantCarnage:
You couldnt have an assassination game about samurai...their strict honour code you speak of is "bushido". I'm very familiar with it since it is tatooed on my ribcage. The samurai believed combat was to take in an honorable way, face to face on the battlefield.

i assume you have the 7 virtues of bushido tattoed on your chest? bushido or the way of the samurai was to live to die, samurai trained all day just to have the physical strength to fight for a few hours.

samurai would be an interesting choice for many reasons including samurai literally means to serve and they were exceptionally skilled with a range of weapons(yumi[bow] yari[spear] aswell as jō and bō), plus we dont even know the second will be about an assassin, also you are slightly incorrect in assuming that samurai couldn't be assassins, samurai assassins were called hitokiri(man slayer) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im sorry, but you should have read and quoted my entire post. I said ribcage, not chest.And I chose to use the word bushido instead of using all 7 vitues because in kanji, two of those virtues have two characters, and I didnt want 9 characters going down my side would be too long with the size they needed to be.

Second, if you would have quoted my entire post and done your research on the employment of ninjas in the fuedal era, the daimyo that controlled areas found it necessary to use assassination as part of his tactics necessary to maintain control. As a good leader he could not expect his own men to perform such tactics since this was a forbidden and dishonorable practice under Bushido. Therefore a daimyo would seek out and employ a ninja. And while the term hitokiri does mean "man slayer" and has more uses in manga and movies than actual histroy. For the few people that this title of hitokiri is associated with, a study of their actions shows that the term assassins is loosely associated with them. And since the only real place on the internet that shows any historical connection between hitokiri and assassinations not relating to a movie is wikipedia, accuracy is suspect. Other than that its alot of misuse of the term in manga.

scottbooth92
11-17-2007, 01:43 PM
My ideal AC2 would have to be either

1) Medievel London / England / France kinda thing =] anyone watched "A Knights Tale"? thats a pretty sound location dont ya think :P

2) Modern Day style, but not cities like New York and London, but more Venice / Paris and other locations where all the building are pretty climbable. I would loe a kind of 'bourne identity' feel in ac2

dnt know if anyone agrees with me but personally something like that would satisfy me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p.s. NO NINJAS!...or eskimos

Naruto94
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
No. No Japan, no Europe, no ****. Put it in US or Canada. :P

copperwolf
11-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I think the idea for AC2 in nowaday wouldend work it wil become a odanary shooter, you will ruin the concept of AC. but the Frence, italy thing will work i gues... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

p.s. please don't complane about my language i know i suck a it

kppgno80
11-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Revan_Razor:
Like I've said Assassin's Creed 2 will center around Desmond and his escape from the Templars and trying to foil their plans, perhaps with help from Lucy and whatever Assassin's remain. We'll see.

ive been saying that the whole time... it makes sense.. yeesh you people

alitair
11-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Does anyone know if screenshots can be taken with an XOBX 360 for AC? I just need a Yes or a No.

Thanks

Xboxfan18
11-17-2007, 03:49 PM
just have to ask

did any of you actually steal the pens that give access to lucys and warren's laptops? if you did you would have got information that there are more Assassin's out there and some of them know about the the Globe Artifact that brought up the location of others and that if you listened Desmond says
'is that blood' while looking at the wall and there is an email in warren's laptop saying about subject sixteen and how he wrote things on the wall and that he had a bleeding something, something about an effect of the patients not being able to keep their own and their ancestor's memory's separate so they bled or something
just thought i would say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Vanquish_Xx
11-17-2007, 04:52 PM

Japan wouldnt be too bad, i dont think it would earn the title "assassins creed 2" anytime soon. But people always think ninjas are attack from the shadows types but they really did a lot of social stealth like there is in AC. Ninjas blend into the crowd, infiltrate a target's entourage or pretend to be a worker at the targets mansion

edit:

Possibility that the asian writing means the game will take place in asia, but i think there is still another posibility that Desmond will use the animus to go back and look at a more recent ancestor's memory. The only question would be where/when would his other ancestor have lived.

Hopefully the third game will be modern day, I would love to free climb the streets of a city.

simulacra
11-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I rather see AC 2 in our time, and AC 3 in the future where miles is held in the abstergobuilding...

EggPlanted
11-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Primary concern for sequel.

FIX ALL DAMN BUGS. IF NOT, THEN AT MOST, THE SUDDEN AND SPORADIC GAME FREEZE.

Then improve gameplay. Remove the stupid "sci-fi" element. Well, I know they can't since they fooled us in the beginning of the original by throwing that in our faces.

Vanquish_Xx
11-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by EggPlanted:
Primary conern for sequel.

FIX ALL DAMN BUGS. IF NOT, THEN AT MOST, THE SUDDEN GAME FREEZE.

Then improve gameplay. Remove the stupid "sci-fi" element. Well, I know they can't since they fooled us in the beginning of the original by throwing that in our faces.

The "stupid "sci-fi"" element is the only thing that gives this game a really good story, otherwise it would just be another game where you die, then you remember its a game so its okay to die. The animus allows you to get dragged into the game a little more because if you die theres a reason why the game didn't end, because your in the animus, you can just reload it and try again.

only thing AC2 would need is:
-more voice actors
-different looking NPCs
-improved ai

EggPlanted
11-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Well, I found it to be a nuisance.

At first, I thought I was playing a sample of PS3's Home or something with the avatar/sim character walking painfully slowly around the lab.

Then I thought I was playing Matrix where he enters the Anibus and transports himself into the past or another world.

So you see, even the game can't decide what it's about.

Instead of jumping right into it, we have to bypass the hurdles first. I mean WTF is that ??

GhostDog234
11-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Forget About Where It Is Set What About Content I Have Completed It Now I Think A Bit To Quickly, This Is By Far One Of The Best Game Released On The 360, Co-Operative Play Would Be Good And Why Would It Be Based In Japan As A Side Note The Game Is Based On The Third Crusade Following The Story Of Desmond's Ancestors??? Lol Oh Well Maybe A Lil More Attention Top Detail Huh?

simulacra
11-17-2007, 06:36 PM
But Why Are You Writing Every Word With A Capital?
It Looks As Ugly As Writing In All Caps, Aswell As Being A Big Waste Of Time...

Dmug
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
I think AC2 should be about the same as the first, but tells about the story of what Altair does after he kills his master and what Desmond does after the doctor gets the treasure. Thy should tell how he gets the assassins going again and stops the Templars.

Expired_Exile
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Assassins Creed I, is definatly a great game. I mean.. for me , its not only one story line.. ur actually playing.. 2.. sorta. besides the story in Altair's time, ur in the semi-present-future storyline as well.. and i guess thats what got me in the game and pull an all nighter, i needed to find out more.. and the ending.. i love/hate kuz it leaves it as an open-ended story.

What i would improve on AC:II

yes.. more voices/scripts
.. a less-repetative side-missions

and yes.. co-op/multiplyaer. Almost like Splinter Cell come to think about it. Which was a best seller i might add.

FLOWDANGO
11-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Sacrist
Why make a "assassins creed 2" thread when the game was release like less than 24 hours ago -.-
And IF they will make a sequal then lets see what they will make ^^ for now lets play the game that just was released.

Sacrist

The reason why he put up a thread such as this, would be one thing most likely he completed the game and now wants to predict where it will go next based on the ending. After you complete the game go to the Spoiler thread and you will find out why people want another one right now!!!!

For me I hope it's in China, Japan, or Mexico!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EggPlanted
11-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, even before playing the game, if you've followed Jade Raymond's E3 videos or the similar ones, you'd see that she says "A brand new franchise from the core team at UbiSoft Montreal, that brought you Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.."

So I knew they would make sequels right then.

bokeef04
11-17-2007, 09:59 PM
SergeantCarnage, i was only asking, cause i wasn't sure if you had bushido or the seven virtues and was interested, i am curious as to what you base your knowledge of bushido on, personally i am studying kenjutsu, so everytime i fold my hakama it involves the seven virtues(hakama have 7 pleats, each representing a different virtue). also i didn't bother quoting the whole of your text as i was just dealing with the samurai side.
i am sorry if i somehow offended you

copperwolf
11-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Assassins in Mexico? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LoveForTheLine
11-18-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm gonna say this once... A SEQUEL CANNOT TAKE PLACE IN JAPAN. *SPOILER* If you beat the game, towards the end you find out what the company who kidnapped you ambitions are and you find out tat Lucy is in fact an assassin. Dr.Vidic refers to you throughout the game many times as an assassin and at the very end Desmond uses Eagle Vision. Put it together. In the sequel, Lucy will probably help Desmond escape, they'll meet up with the few living assassins left and rebuild the Brotherhood so to speak and you'll play as "Desmond, Master Assassin" in the what looks like the near future. Playing in Japan during the 1300s makes absolutely no sense and has no place in the storyline for the trilogy.

ScytheOfGrim
11-18-2007, 08:20 AM
I actually agree with the LoveBug (xD).

*****SPOILERLICIOUS*****

It doesn't make sense... Vidic now has the locations of the remainder of the artifacts which they believe to exist.

So why would they be using the Animus again?

It would only make sense if Desmond di escape, but the Assassins decided to look for the artifact that was disregarde by the Templars, the Holy Grail.

And to find it you would have to use the Animus to go into some guy's genes and find out the same way th Vidic did.

Maybe Desmond... maybe not...

LoveForTheLine
11-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Exactly scythe, but I'm not sure if there are any assassins left to group up with, if you read Lucy's deleted e-mail *SPOILER* that talks about "trouble down there" and if you put together all the capital letters it spells out we will come for you or something like that, I forget, but later on you hear how people come and start a gunfight in like the lobby and you listen over the intercom and it says the intruders were all killed. Maybe you restart the Brotherhood?

ScytheOfGrim
11-18-2007, 08:29 AM
In fact, Vidic himself says that they were busy hunting down the remainder of the assassins.
But then again, that's what he thinks.

For Lucy still lives...

LoveForTheLine
11-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I think you'll meet up with a descendant of the dude who lost his arm because of you, can't remember his name lol. But when Lucy shows you her hand I was like "Holy ****!!!!!!" and she tells you to have faith when you say you're not gonna escape, so maybe the gunfight in the lobby had nothing to do with you and the other assassins are still coming to save you? I'm really putting thought into this lol.

EDIT:If you read the e-mails, Lucy also says that they should try not to push Desmond too far like the previous patients, maybe so there's time for the rescue.

ScytheOfGrim
11-18-2007, 08:38 AM
It is known that Lucy has been delaying from the very beginning. She even sabotages at one point! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But I think that Cr. Vidic is the descendant of AlMuallim.

I mean, just look at them!

LoveForTheLine
11-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Oooooooo! I never thought of that, but Vidic is more of a nerd, but Al Muallim was very wise, but he also had leadership capabilities and was very good with words. But they do look alike and both have temper issues.

XTR0
11-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I think the story is really smart and interesting... this is not likely to evolve in the future AC anyway so how about we give Jade some specific feature ideas and stuff to fix. Here are mine :

- canned animations are beautiful in that game but it's a thing of the past! use Euphoria for the next one!!! This would probably add a random factor in the gameplay that would have to be taken care of somehow but it would keep the game fresh always!

- more advanced in game stats

- add more depth to the game mechanics like for exemple after you've been spotted 4 times someone is sent to kill you or there are more guards in the streets or people who saw you kill someone before start to recognize you and become ally or enemy and call the guards on you. There needs to be more dynamic crowd interactions.

- the fist fighting is kinda pathetic... do something about it

- add long range weapons like a crossbow and spears (not britney)

- ability to choose weapons at the assassin's bureau or buy weapons in the streets or steal them from NPCs

- make it smaller but even more detailed and more organic (euphoria dammit!!! + a solid physics engine)

- day/night (moonlit) cycle (dynamic lighting same as GRAW2)

- keep it bloody but add blood stains on the streets as well when you kill someone

- why not cutting heads and limbs while you're at it

- create a visual damage system on characters. When you hit someone with a weapon you see a wound or clothing damage

- ability to customize your character (clothing, items, weapons)

- basic RPG element similar to COD4 multiplayer achievements. The more you fight with a weapon the more points you gain for that skill and it allows you to unlock special moves and weapon upgrades

- replace saving citizens missions with randomized generated missions that can be obtained at the assassin's bureau

- MAIN COMPLAIN FOR AC1: the main assassinations do not give any room for reflexion. There is 1 way only to kill the target. this needs to be fixed a la Hitman. Plus the investigation data is basically useless. As you gather info it should be added on the GPS

- maybe add a on HUD in the animus (kinda like GRAW2)

- add more mission types some would require minigames like evesdropping could be done with a rythm game minigame (if you press the buttons in rhythm, you can hear the whole conversation)

etc...etc...etc... there is plenty more where that came from... just hire me!

Holy-Crusader
11-18-2007, 10:26 AM
I got an idea for the leap of faith, because if the next assassin's creed is in the future, possible modern times, instead of hay to jump in, he could jump in garbage http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 10:30 AM
- canned animations are beautiful in that game but it's a thing of the past! use Euphoria for the next one!!! This would probably add a random factor in the gameplay that would have to be taken care of somehow but it would keep the game fresh always!

I can't be sure, but hasn't lucasarts bought a temporary lisence to Euphoria?

XTR0
11-18-2007, 10:33 AM
LOL @ Holy-Crusader ... organic garbage simulator

AirRon_2K7 .. I dont know for sure but I doubt it because Rockstar is using it for GTA 4

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by XTR0:
LOL @ Holy-Crusader ... organic garbage simulator

AirRon_2K7 .. I dont know for sure but I doubt it because Rockstar is using it for GTA 4

Oh, well thanks. Silly internet rumours http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ZeroDWM
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
I would guess AC2 would be in modern day...? Well the future (Modern day for him) I mean the story ends in the real world not the virtual world so I'd guess this is how it goes.

You are having side-effects from your little journey and you think your an assassin. Someone takes advantage of that fact and makes you go kill future revolutionists or something.

IVlatty
11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
it should be in china, between id say 3 cities like AC, i dont think its good to make more cities than thier already is, just make them bigger. Samuri swords and throwing knives fit fine, not much to climb though, thats the idea of AC, alot of stone stuff to climb.

dragfindel
11-18-2007, 01:44 PM
come on what does desmond have to do with japan?
and abstergo...
just make it in the same region or future but plz no jap games.
since i won't buy a ninja game.

joplinO_o
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Since they are pointing so much at Japan, they will either forget all of the sybols etc and do something completely different, or do a game just after Desmond has been rescued and he hs to take out Templars searching for the artifacts in Japan, i think that would be really cool cause Japan would be so futuristic and modern by that time, and they coculd make some really cool slums and stuff, like imagine running across roftops of huge ultra modern Japanese buildings xD

UrthVT
11-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry to say this; But you people who are saying "There is no way the next AC can, or will take place in japan have Evidently not ended the game, or Just completely igonore the signs. Please if you have ended the game Read the SPoilers thread... It's actually all completely logical once you do the research.

Now it may not take place on main island Japan, BUt...

********** SPOILERS********

YonaGuni Is a Japanese Island that seemed have been the Far east Atlantis (sunkin Island) that Seems to have been just as techonologicaly Sound. If you need more info on that island go here. What is yonaguni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni) Now if you recall, Vidic said "Two of the Artifacts seem to be on land masses that no longer Exsist [Atlantis and Yonaguni]. Now In blood at the End there are Japanese Characters, Drawings of Japanese buildings, and a Chinese emperors Jiajings Name wrtten and drawn on the walls. Please do the resarch. Desomond will be In Japan alot in the next game, more than likely There is a Very Important Artifact hidden there. Possibly the Holy Grail.

Now it all Fun to imagine The whole next game is Gonna be about Desmonds Escape But i'd say if anything the first or last 45 mins or so of game play will be about that.

******** SPoilers**********

Yes at the end of the game Des Has Eagle Vision
But He may have to go back in If that map of the world is not enough. Plus I think he has more skills to Absorb. Or even Who knows Maybe the next will briefly revlove around Des.

If anything the 3rd Game will take place completly in the future.

*****Spoilers*******

Because the game take place Very Very Close to the End of the World (Or human Race) VIA THE Aztec Calender

Also If you Have ended the Game., Part of the game Taking Place in Mexico Really Doesn't seem so Far fetched at all.

THe developers/Producers of the game are very very very very Smart and they did their homework. But as I've been sayin. What ever happens in the next game i am really lookin forward to it.

lemonFlashclean
11-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by UrthVT:
In my opnionin; "Assassins Creed 2" Should take place in Japan, as well as surrounding Countries, Korea, and China. I think that'd be awesome. I believe Ubi soft has proven they they can make a worth while assassin game. I think it woudl be awesome if they Studied and Conveyed the way of the Ninja, with the same persistance and Accuracy's as they did with the Hashshashin. It would alsoe be nice to see The Asian Archtecture In this broad assassin's world.

Alright mate your a bit of a plank aint ya. Feck off with the Asian thing. its been done to death. The next game from the series should bedone in present day, simple. France/Italy/Spain and involve the Opas day bring it up to speed. Then for the final game (3rd game) it should be set in the not too distant future!

UrthVT
11-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by lemonFlashclean:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UrthVT:

Alright mate your a bit of a plank aint ya. Feck off with the Asian thing. its been done to death. The next game from the series should bedone in present day, simple. France/Italy/Spain and involve the Opas day bring it up to speed. Then for the final game (3rd game) it should be set in the not too distant future! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I'm off my Plank. Good Job. Anyway, if you've Everything besides my first Post (which was Posted before I ended the game.) You'd notice that I went from what I think should happen, Into what is An actuality [After ending the game].

There's Is pretty much No reason for, or nothing leading into The next Games taking place in any of those places you've posted. The next Game will Be about the Hunt for the atifacts, And
***Spoiler***
Yonaguni [A sunkin Island of western Japan]
Plays a Big part In the next AC. SO all my post seemed to have turned from, what I think shoudl happen in the next AC, and where it shoudl take place, into what is Factual. Srry to dissapoint you man...

tcm18
11-18-2007, 08:24 PM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER. Anyone notice that at the end of the game SPOILER Near the break room window the drawings on the floor kinda resembled old Chinese architecture.

soccerkid82792
11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bokeef04:

I agree ninjas would be a logical, but its been done baly so many times before. Ancient Rome would be great I think. There were assassinations galore in those days. Imagine the beautiful landscapes in that game. Other ideas....Civil War era, Old west era, Renaissance, would it be and ancestor of the same guy or a totally different person?
The story would totally be ruined (IMO) if they didnt use the same guy who was held captive (LMAO i dont even remember his name)

ReaZeN2005
11-19-2007, 08:37 AM
i made this cover.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif just for fun..

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://i9.tinypic.com/6y01aht.jpg

TheBlackPope
11-19-2007, 08:41 AM
assassins creed 2 will happen, and it will come out way faster then the origional did. like I said in my thread, the technical foundations are laid and it will be easier to build a game around the tech.

you wait and see.

Opticaly
11-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Ninjas orginated from Japan so I don't think the history will be good there.
Assassin's Creed should take place that's well populated in the year they base it on, if it's 1900 maybe England? If 2007 maybe some place in america (NYC is a good place but is on alot of games).

copperwolf
11-19-2007, 08:58 AM
how a bout AC2 in Greek/Roman history?

ReaZeN2005
11-19-2007, 09:04 AM
quote: how a bout AC2 in Greek/Roman history?

Good idea http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SergeantCarnage
11-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by soccerkid82792:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SergeantCarnage:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bokeef04:

The story would totally be ruined (IMO) if they didnt use the same guy who was held captive (LMAO i dont even remember his name) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean Desmond? The modern day character? If so its possible that any of those scernarios could still be done with just a differnt ancestor. It doesnt have to be Altair again. Looking back, the amount of possible blood related ancestors at least doubles with every generation. For every one person there is two parents. And figure a generation for every 30 years. Not to meantion brothers and sisters. the there are many, many possibilities of who he could be related to in any time, and in any race.

theassassin_07
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
So what other coutries have a great playable History in Assassination? and a stand alone assassins culture? do share.

USA ?
I suck at like..History

Rome would be good =]

Julieus Cesore (?)

Here i come!

suckmykiss56
11-19-2007, 10:17 PM
i dont know why people were talking about ancient rome. nothing in this this story points there. Also that was before the crusades. Polygamy was king in ancient roman times(remember these artefacts have to do with religion from crusade times ex. holy grail apple of eden, the ark of the covenant kind of stuff). They wont stray far from the original story. urthVT was right about yonaguni. i was researching yonaguni before i found this forum. just check out www.morien-institute.org (http://www.morien-institute.org) (this site will explain yonaguni and the Geoglyphs that reside on the floor). But that doesnt mean they cant search for more than just one or two artefacts in the next game. i say that AC2 should take place in japan but WILL take place in other countries as well. I also bet that Desmond WILL go to peru because the drawings on the floor at the end are from the Nazca plains (the desert that lucy tells you about). look it up

suckmykiss56
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
i meant to say that the only drawings from the nazca plains in peru at the end of the game are the ant and hummingbird

Borenson
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 will follow the same line of Assassin's Creed. As is said by Lucy in the game, the Templars and the Assassins never stopped warring, so Assassin's Creed 2 will take place some time between the first and third (the third will be in the future). Ubisoft said if the first is successful (which it is), they'll make two sequels, one of which will take place in the future.

suckmykiss56
11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
And the ******* Monkey!

RuskiSin
11-26-2007, 06:12 PM
The next game wont be played in Fedual Japan 1300 was what the last man went through they were using him to find some hidden weapon that some1 had in japan but they were unsuccesful but i bet the next game will be in real time and since his past and present are now meshed he will work with the assassins and get back the piece of eden from wich the templars now possess. This game was built probaly from a religous perspective since if you play through the game you will notice that alot of it has religion in it like the markings at the end were of revelation fromt he bible the number from 2012 the end of the world all of it crossbows shouldnt be added since it would take to long to load a waste of time maybe a bow and arrow but im fine with knives the plot in the game was to repetitive same people same things to do they need to wident he variety of things you can do like i dunno more assassinations some hard some easy maybe a money system so you can buy different weapons maybe a char customization and you know small things they will all add up after i beat this game i thought about it and walked adround and looked at each message also if you read her emails youll see a measseage when deciphered it will read WE WILL BE THERE SOON. just thought id throw that in i found that by myself.

Dunno
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM

Uhh, okay thats great but kind of illogical.
I get the ninja thing, but there are no pieces of eden in Korea, or Japan. They are in china. And there are only 3 in that area, while Vidic and friends are looking for half a dozen, + if they want to look on the islands that no longer exist (i.e. deep sea search). Sending flashbacks to solely the far east would drive you off the storyline like a sleepy driver is to a cliff. It won't happen.

Rufus_Da_Doofus
12-02-2007, 05:50 AM
I originnaly posted this in another thread, but it also relates to this so here you go Hey, Just scrolling through the topics for the first time, and came across this. Before I post anything, I would just like to state that i completed the game yesterday, and have only played through once, so you will have to forgive any innaccuracies when I refer to certain parts of the game. Also this post is full of SPOILERS.

After completing the game, I went to bed and started thinking about the game. One thing which immediately caught my eye was the fact that when Altair was stabbed by his 'Master' very early on in the game, it was stated that Altair had no wound, and that his 'Master' had made him 'see what he wanted him to see, or at least something to that affect. Unless Altair was poisened, which would be hard to achieve if Altair had no wound, then we can safely assume that his 'Master' (cant remember the guys name, so im gonna refer to him that way all the way through) used the Piece of Eden (I believe that one of the people Altair was with returned it to him?) in order to make Altair see an illusion(that he dies). However, later on in the game we are told that Altair is resistant to the effects of the POE (Piece Of Eden). This should rule this out, but then I began to think that Altair would have been under huge amounjts of stress when being held and stabbed, and so (for a short period of time) he may have become vulnerable to the effects of the POE. Maybe this could feature in a sequel?

Another thing which crossed my mind was that Desmond (subject #17) was the descendant of Altair, and that they were both assassins (quite a big coincidence if you ask me). This then prompted me to thinkthat perhaps every son or daughter of an assassin then becomes an assassin, kind of like a son of a farmer becomes a farmer (just slightly more weird). This then kind of just linked up with something else which crossed my mind, namely being that we have been kept completely in the dark as to what happens after Altair kills his 'Master'. This also means that we do not know whether the people who Altairs 'Master' had brainwashed were released from the illusion after he died, or whether Altair had to cull almost all of the assassins brotherhood. Also, the people who had come along to help Altair may have been killed by the brainwashed people. If all of this is to be taken at face value, we can once again assume that Altair may very likely have been the last assassin left. If this was true then every other assassin may have been the descendant of Altair, which could then mean that all of the assassins have recieved whatever it was about Altair which made him invulnerable to the effects of the POE. This would then mean that in AC2/3, even if Abstergo did succeed in launching the sattelitte, all of the assasains would not be effected, and so would be able to fight on. This in itself is interesting, but if we think about the powers of the Animus (to allow you to relive your ancestors memory) then Desmond could be the descendant of every assasain that ever existed, which would open up hundreds of possibilities as to where he could travel and who he could be. This could either mean that A. Desmond is the protagonist in the next game as well as this one or B. that the protaginist becomes another one of the assassins, therefore opening up a whole new bloodline to be explored. After thinkin about this, you cant help but wonder whether Ubisoft should be thinking less about a trilogy, and more about a huge series. The scope for Desmond and the Animus is huge, the amount of fan fiction which could be created is breathtaking, as is the range and amount of games that Ubisoft could create around it. I wonder whether Ubisoft have been thinking about this all along, or whether they could have just stumbled across one of the greatest storytelling devices since the invention of the Stargate (often recognised as the best storytelling device ever to grace the genre of sci-fi, due to the fact that it enables the writers to write about a new world every time there is a new show, amd even allowing them to travel across galaxies), I am hoping that this post will open all fans of AC1's eyes to the fact that they may have just played on one of the biggest titles of this century. There could be movies, books, TV series and many others all based around the Animus and the universe of Assassins Creed.

Sorry if I wondered off course a bit there, I have read the rules and realise that I am not supposed to move the thread away from its original purpose, and so apologise to any admins who feel I may have done this, and tell them that it was not my intention to do this. (For any people who are new to forums who are reading this post, that is a little thing called covering your back. You do something wrong without meaning to and then sound really sincere about the fact that you didnt mean to do it, but you leave it in the post anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

Back on course as to future storylines for AC, people have been talking about the way that Altairs thoughts 'bleed' into Desmonds, and so this enables dosmond to use the eagle visoion power of Altair. This then got me thinking about how Desmond could aquire all of the powers of Altair (swordfighting, climbing, jumping, knife throwing, etc.), but could then also use the animus to visit another one of his ancestors memories (say a gun wielding super powerful moder assasain), and then aquire all of his powers. This, once again, shows that Ubisoft has just created a HUGE stoytelling device, and it opens the door for hundereds of games set arounfd the animus, not just 3.

Im going to leave it there now, I have a few other ideas about the future of Assassins Creed, but nothing which is really properly formulated, and so nothing that I should really write down. If this post has iterested you, or you have any ideas about other things about the game, please feel free to e-mail me at rufusdadoofus@yahoo.co.uk or better yet, just post them below so that everyone can see them.

Wow, scrolling back up I have written far more then I ment to, not bad for my first ever post, I think you'll agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

laters

FatRascal
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Apologies - this is largely a re-post of something I said on another thread, but this seemed like a better home for it:-

I agree that I wouldn't want to see AC2 set entirely in the modern world.

I'd like to see it retain the historical crossover / animus element, and I agree that it's got to look at history and think "what other periods of history were famous for assassins and intrigue?"

Fedual Japan is one, but frankly video games have done it to death. Ninjas, samurais...been there, done that, got the deadly throwing stars.

What about Europe in the 1500s? Renaissance Italy and France and/or Tudor England? Imagine the fantastic city-scapes and challenges that could be created:

Tudor London - Gritty, dangerous, squalid. Castles to infiltrate etc.

Venice - The canals, the masked carnival-goers, the little alley-ways

Florence - The towering churches and cathedrals, the city divided by the river with its various bridges, the world of Machiavelli and the Medici family.

Paris - A city divided by religious tensions, the St Bartholomew's day massacre either brewing or still fresh in the characters' memory etc.

Rome/Vatican city - Speaks for itself really. St Peter's, the Castel St Angelo, perhaps the Masayaf of the game.

You might have to span a bit of history to use all these settings, or plump for some and ditch others, but I would LOVE to see a game where you're sneaking through these cities, hunting the Merchant Princes, the despotic Cardinals, the dissolute Monarchs and their families.

Sep.

ChisaMonster
03-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't like the idea of it being Japan that is getting thrown around.

I think Japan is way way way too cliched to be used.

I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed because it taught me the history of an area that I knew barely anything about, sure a majority of it was fabricated to be used as story, but the subject matter was brilliant-- I never knew there were assassins.

I went and researched them after playing this game.

To make this series continue to be awesome, I think Ubisoft should pick another area and say it's history, like the Genocide between Turkey and Armenia, or the Fights between the Greeks and Romans, or the other conquests of Xercses besides the battle of 300 Spartans.

Even China's history would be better than Japans.

Japan was rather secluded in it's history anyways, it wouldn't be an awesomely cultured game.

creedkiller
04-21-2008, 10:20 AM
They did so much **** with that eagle thing in AC 1. you shud be able to fly around with Al Tairs pet eagle and kill people with the talons... awesome

joao_santos2
11-18-2009, 10:57 AM
No one can say Assassin's Creed games aren't here to stay,with one of the most demanding,yet easy to learn combat system and menus i wonder how many time periods and ages can the programers and creative designers use to make future games...
As a unconditional fan i believe this game should continue,in the first game the programers and writers of the series gave us a peek of what can be used in the next series of games.
When Desmond uses the eagle eye vision in his room,whe can see a lot of japanease caracters.
I think this would be the best route for the game...the Sengoku Jidai in japan ,couriously about the same time period of A.C.2 in Italy,was a amazing age of war,treachery,and assassinations,from common peasants to daymios,with ninjas samurais,ronins and the important faction that not many people know but would be perfect for main caracter in "Assassins Creed 3",the feared IKKO IKKI,the fearless warrior monks that made shogun's tremble with fear because of their power and absense of fear in combat...games with ninjas as a main caracter there is lots of them and if the producers and writers used a ninja the game i think would be a obvious and boring one,but a warrior monk i think would be fantastic,what do you people think????