PDA

View Full Version : Using torpedoes ?

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 10:46 AM
S!

I have played recently several mission using torpedoes and it seems that thye behave exactly like normal bombs...I am wrong ?
I am not complaining here, it is just a comment, but it would be really nice that in such an advanced sim, as they are available, the torpedoes could a little run like they would normally do...Had to be dropped from not high above the surface of the sea and run to their target!

I am may be dreaming and that is impossible to do! But if it is at all possible...Dear Oleg this would be great.

II/JG54_Siegfrid

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 10:46 AM
S!

I have played recently several mission using torpedoes and it seems that thye behave exactly like normal bombs...I am wrong ?
I am not complaining here, it is just a comment, but it would be really nice that in such an advanced sim, as they are available, the torpedoes could a little run like they would normally do...Had to be dropped from not high above the surface of the sea and run to their target!

I am may be dreaming and that is impossible to do! But if it is at all possible...Dear Oleg this would be great.

II/JG54_Siegfrid

XyZspineZyX
09-22-2003, 05:35 PM
the ai often treats them like bombs /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
but u can do low level drop
its what i do /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 02:30 AM
Yes, as stated it seems the AI treat them as bombs. I had to rework the waypoint for a pair of 111's dropping torpedos at some shipping. All I did was back up the drop point and the torpedos do the rest. Think of the waypoint for the plane, as a line for the torpedo to follow. Then just back up the attack point. They will drop there, and the torpedos will run true to the target. I use the mission builder to make little war movies lol. Set static cameras up and watch the fun.

Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation just keep's on knocking.

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 10:41 AM
S!
Thanks P1nqu666 & Redwulf_55 for the info and the tips.
I'll sure try and do it that way....Good idea Redwulf, those war movies.....

Amicalement.

II/JG54_Siegfrid