PDA

View Full Version : Going uppity up-up;going going donidity down :Set Positions

jamesdietz
11-08-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm curious - I have found seat position ( up & down ) only works on some of the a/c - am I right about this? F-4-F,F-4-U...work fine,butI haven't been able to get it operating on the F-6-F or the SBD,Seafire, or Val, & haven't flown the new Japanese fighters( if the Zero does have it , which model?) yet...but doubt the old ones from FB have this option,they certainly don't have cockpits that open( too bad this can't be a retro fit....along with wind noise..)So I guess my question is this:Am I right , is this a bug...or what?Yes I've gone to "controls" several times to fix....

jamesdietz
11-08-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm curious - I have found seat position ( up & down ) only works on some of the a/c - am I right about this? F-4-F,F-4-U...work fine,butI haven't been able to get it operating on the F-6-F or the SBD,Seafire, or Val, & haven't flown the new Japanese fighters( if the Zero does have it , which model?) yet...but doubt the old ones from FB have this option,they certainly don't have cockpits that open( too bad this can't be a retro fit....along with wind noise..)So I guess my question is this:Am I right , is this a bug...or what?Yes I've gone to "controls" several times to fix....

brasil66
11-08-2004, 09:20 AM
James.

From the ReadMe file:

"This function ONLY works on the A6M Zero, F4U Corsairs and F4F/FM Wildcat series of planes.All other planes did not have seat systems that could be controlled by pilot in-flight."

What keystrokes do you use to make this happen? I've yet to find out how

Tully__
11-08-2004, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brasil66:
What keystrokes do you use to make this happen? I've yet to find out how <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no default keystroke, you have to assign it yourself. I've used Alt-C for that, Ctrl-C for toggle canopy and Shift-C for chocks, with the arrestor hook on H. At some point in the future I'll get around to adding those commands to my joystick profile....

jamesdietz
11-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Ok thats what i figured ...is it only available on the later model Corsairs - it doesn't seem to work on "birdcage model"?

Tully__
11-08-2004, 10:57 AM
It works in the birdcage, but you may need to Shift-F1 before it will work. You apparently can't reach the seat lever while you're looking through the gunsight. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

oFZo
11-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I keep wondering why nobody reads the manual or readme.

NegativeGee
11-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Indeed. Nice thread title though.