PDA

View Full Version : Weather in online games

Warbird-
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
I would like to know why the weather/time in online games is almost always the same.

Why not maps with the in game hour set, for example, to 6pm, or maps with snow, or rain, or even at night?

I've been playing this game for almost a year, and there was only one occasion that I entered a server running the game on night time.

Warbird-
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
I would like to know why the weather/time in online games is almost always the same.

Why not maps with the in game hour set, for example, to 6pm, or maps with snow, or rain, or even at night?

I've been playing this game for almost a year, and there was only one occasion that I entered a server running the game on night time.

Atomic_Marten
04-24-2005, 11:35 PM
UK_dedicated runs 2 night games IIRC; one is on Berlin map '45, and one is Normandy map (BoB theme). Insane fun.

Also, there is number of maps that starts early in the morning or late afternoon..

About storm weater -- *never saw it online yet*.

Fennec_P
04-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Storm and rain is fun once in a while, but to run it permanently on a DF server would be kinda annoying.

Especially with the odd ground turbulence you get with adverse weather; it's really aggravating.