PDA

View Full Version : BOB - wish for kill claims

bhunter2112
09-11-2005, 09:56 PM
For BOB it would be neat to be able to make a kill & damaged claim after each mission. Then see what you actually did shoot down or damage. Am I making sense? No more Enemy/friendly aircraft destroyed text(i know you can get rid of it). Just make your claim and see how good your observations are.
On a side note it would also be cool to be able to switch planes in a mission. Damaged...hop to another plane in the view and go...enemy or friendly. Seems like this would be better gameplay. anyone agree?

bhunter2112
09-11-2005, 09:56 PM
For BOB it would be neat to be able to make a kill & damaged claim after each mission. Then see what you actually did shoot down or damage. Am I making sense? No more Enemy/friendly aircraft destroyed text(i know you can get rid of it). Just make your claim and see how good your observations are.
On a side note it would also be cool to be able to switch planes in a mission. Damaged...hop to another plane in the view and go...enemy or friendly. Seems like this would be better gameplay. anyone agree?

ImpStarDuece
09-11-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm not personally in favour of the ability to transition to other aircraft while in battle. That is just my opinion though, I am sure that the idea does have some merit.

For me, if you get shot down, that is it. Game over, mission done, you've done your dash, your out of the fight and its time for either the silk canopy or the slik lined pine box. If I get killed then that pilot is no more for me and I move on to another campaign.

However, I can see the appeal for other players without the patience or hardcore simulation attitude that I have. My brother, a dyed in the wool FPS player, can't imagine anything worse than climbing for 7 minutes to 20,000 ft only to be jumped by a 109 and shot down after 16 seconds of combat. But if he could get shot down, and then continue as another member of his flight, or as the fighter which shot him down, then he would probably have a better time, vis-a-vis more combat. The learning curve would also be better in regards to combat time vs flight time.

Slater_51st
09-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi,

I think the orignal ideal for kill claims would be sweet! It might be kinda tough to work in, but still very sweet.

As for cockpit hopping, it's been done in at least 1 other sim, Jane's USAF Fighters. It was kinda cool, but I really don't think it's anything but a totally arcadish option.

For me, FB's long periods of flight without combat only to be shot down in the first 2 seconds u see an enemy is sweet. Really teaches you to be patient and stalk your enemy the way it was irl. Games like CFS 1/2 were oriented the die and respawn in fight, repeat style online. It's true you learned quick, but those skills aren't all that applicable in FB,

Just mho http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S! Slate

Kuna15
09-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Shared kills, probables and confirmed ones. But that is unlikely to happen, but I'd love to see that (or something similar), tho.

It would boost immersion even more.