PDA

View Full Version : Seafire

402Cdn.Valkyrie
11-19-2004, 06:43 AM
I was just in a server with the new patch on and zeroes can eat the seafire for dinner now, before the patch i could outfly most zeroes in my Seafire but now i cant even level out the fight anymore. Soo has the S-Fire been downgraded again or has the zero been improved?

I would like some constructive answers!

ICDP
11-19-2004, 06:48 AM
The Zeros have been given a slightly higher top speed in the new patch (closer to real performance now). What type of Zeros where you flying against?, the Seafire III had a top speed of 352mph so the mid-late war Zeros are slightly faster, lighter and more agile. The best way to fight them in your Seafire is to stay fast and use the Zeros poor rollrate at speed against it.

The_Ant
11-19-2004, 06:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ICDP:
The Zeros have been given a slightly higher top speed in the new patch (closer to real performance now). What type of Zeros where you flying against?, the Seafire III had a top speed of 352mph so the mid-late war Zeros are slightly faster, lighter and more agile. The best way to fight them in your Seafire is to stay fast and use the Zeros poor rollrate at speed against it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ICDP is right the zero has been changed too its more historical speeds,which laked in pf 3,0.As in Rl The spitfire couldent outturn the zero unless at high speeds,so what you got is real.Stay fast and use boom and zoom a√°gainst the zero and it will stand no chance.

402Cdn.Valkyrie
11-19-2004, 06:57 AM
It was the A6M5 model, i could outrun them but that wont win me anything.

I know that i cant outturn em, i said outfly em.

SeaFireLIV
11-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Well you never hear about Spitfires having quite the same mystical success against zeros as you do in BOB or over Europe. In fact, I read the Seafire did get battered quite a bit by Japanese aircraft (though Seafires fought hard and well).

I read in Janes WWII fighters that Seafire`s had a tough time. I also read an account where a Japanese fighter pilot gives credit to Spitfire pilots who weren`t afraid to get stuck in.

Anyway, I don`t mind if the Seafire is worse, as long as it`s realistic. I mean I also fly the I16 so I know what being stepped on is all about!!

The joy is fighting back AND WINNING!

VW-IceFire
11-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I took the Spitfire VIII out for a spin against Zero's and while I have the speed advantage, they have alot of other advantages.

Essentially, you have to switch mindsets. The Spitfire is a superb turner when you compair it to the 109, the 190, and most of the other Allied fighters. But on the other hand, its a mediocre turner against the very agile Japanese aircraft. So you have to become a BNZ machine...fly the Spitfire more like a FW190 against the Japanese to win your success.

I haven't flown the Seafire much but I suspect its a tad bit more agile than the VIII and you would have a bit of an easier time getting into a position to fire.

carguy_
11-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Seafire and SPitfire are planes for energy fighting more than anything.

DeerHunterUK
11-19-2004, 07:40 AM
In RL the Spitfire (if not using proper tactics) struggled against the Zero. The following is taken from the book, Aircraft Versus Aircraft;
"Following this action (2nd May 1943), which received adverse publicity in the newspapers, it was concluded that the Spitfires should carry more fuel, that interception should be made earlier, and the pilots (as the Americans had warned) should be strictly enjoined not to dogfight the Zeros.
The Spitfire, as a fighter, was superior to the Zero, though less maneuverable at low speeds. In straight and level flight, as well as in a dive, the Spitfire was faster, but the Zero had the better climb. Tactics in future should be restricted to fast attacks, then a dive away to regain speed to climb for another attack."

402Cdn.Valkyrie
11-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Hmm.. then it is a sad day indeed, i have always done all i could not to become a B&Z.

But i'll try again and see if i cant find a middleway.

SeaFireLIV
11-19-2004, 08:25 AM
I sympathise. It`s quite strange to coming from happily turn-fighting over Europe to have to abandon that and become the B&Z er.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

-HH-Quazi
11-19-2004, 08:37 AM
I never cared much for BNZ'ing until I actually like got some advice from those that fight that way. Now, I don't mind BnZ'ing when it is neccesary. I think it has made me of a complete pilot and now I am able to fly any BnZ ac more competantly.

Slantaye
11-19-2004, 11:00 AM
there is no t and b in this game. nor b an z.

there is just not getting shot down and shooting down.

winning and losing.

if you t an b and get 15 kills and 10 deaths in an hour you are not good.

if you b an z and get 1 kill and zero deaths in an hour you are not good.

you need to fly BOTH styles together to get many kills and no deaths.

argue me all you want those are facts in this game. if you like t an b you are not going to succeed