PDA

View Full Version : No Way To Correct Mouse Y-axis?

Flora-Steel
10-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Are there optional controllers, such as a joystick type maybe, to add to the PC that would allow reversing the backwards y-axis standard sense of the controller in any game that the gaming industry is locked into?

I feel I have to figure out a way of resolving this, give up gaming, or retrain. The second is not an option and the third is bizarre and would result in maybe flying aircraft into the ground.

But I would add a more software versatile controller to the PC where I could configure it properly outside of whether a game has its own option or not.

My current mouse/software does not include the option. I would hope Ubisoft would be interested in helping to resolve this issue?

oldfartjc
10-03-2004, 10:24 AM
That would be the Invert Mouse option that I asked about in a previous post. It has been part of every game I have played since free look with the mouse was implimented a long time ago in FPS games. UbiSoft needs to fix this soon as I know many people who use the invert mouse option. When flying a plane moving forward is down pulling back is up. It should also be that way with the mouse during a 3D type game which uses free look with the mouse, which is all of them now. This slows me down in Myst IV quite a bit and was stupid for them to have left this option out.

Flora-Steel
10-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I have talked to Ubisoft's technical support phone line twice today about various things and neither tech expressed any knowledge of or interest in Ubisoft adding the 'y-axis' invert option. I expressed my doubt that it would be very hard to include code to do this, expecially if you added a line in an .ini file rather then designing in the graphics in one of the games option pages. I also expressed my dislike of games and game companies who have no interest in improving choices we should be able to make in how _we_ would like to play a game. Well, of course, all they did was listen and take a few notes down in my account, and that will be the end of it. Gamers just like voters need to make comments and suggestions and voice their opinions.

maztec
10-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Let them knowvia the support pages. It guarantees it'll be read. It's also been added to the patch requests thread.

Maztec

Flora-Steel
10-11-2004, 08:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maztec:
Let them knowvia the support pages. It guarantees it'll be read. It's also been added to the patch requests thread. --Maztec <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was posted to Myst IV Revelation Technical Help & Advice. If that's not good enough for them they can kiss my camoudile! LOL

Actually, there are so many more serious game play problems with Revelation that even I don't care two-hoots about the stupid y-axis sense. I've been standing on my head trying to get through some of the puzzles in this puzzle action adventure.

maztec
10-11-2004, 09:12 PM
You know what Flora, I'm a moderator here. These forums are not where the paid support works. I'm a volunteer. I'm a Community Assistant, and sure I get blamed for everything (BMFE).

Now, if you want to do something about it go send a message to the Ubi support pages. Why? Because that will show there is a significant mass of users that desire this.

If you don't desire this enough to actually go send them a message -- then you obviously don't desire it enough.

Maz

Flora-Steel
10-12-2004, 03:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maztec:
You know what Flora, I'm a moderator here. These forums are not where the paid support works. I'm a volunteer. I'm a Community Assistant, and sure I get blamed for everything (BMFE).

Now, if you want to do something about it go send a message to the Ubi support pages. Why? Because that will show there is a significant mass of users that desire this.

If you don't desire this enough to actually go send them a message -- then you obviously don't desire it enough. --Maz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm the paying customer...not you. And I should not have to stand on my head to get my feedback to Ubisoft. This forum's name implies "Technical Advice & Help". I made an assumption that Ubisoft would be looking through this forum for feedback it needs from customers and not make demands on them to go elsewhere. My approach then is that if they cannot make this clear and have no interest in even reading comments from "Technical Advice & Help" that they care less if I posted it somewhere else. It is to bad that none of the posts on these forums is getting back to Ubisoft.

JayyElle
10-12-2004, 04:56 AM
Flora, I understand your frustration, but Community Forums are not the same as Tech Support. People here will try to help, but we're just (most of us) ordinary gamers with varying degrees of expertise.

The Tech Support department may look through the Forums to see what people are complaining about, but their main job is to respond to questions posted in Tech Support--and there are many! You're barking at the wrong postman here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ze Pedro
10-12-2004, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flora-Steel:
I'm the paying customer...not you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong. He's a paying customer too...just like you. And a volunteer.

maztec
10-12-2004, 11:10 AM
*sigh*

Flora, Ze Pedro is correct.

Now, if you had been paying one bit of attention to the patch request thread you would know that I have already sent this particular issue on to Ubi. Yes, because I do help out here I am considered somewhat a part of the team -- so have a bit of ability to pass issues on. Whether they actually listen to me or not is really up in the air, we'll see.

Now, even though I have sent this particular issue on to them, I have received no responses in regards to it -- although I have received responses in regards to other issues here (Radeon 7x00, DVD Drives being the top two items at issue).

Frankly inverting the Y axis is something that is fairly trivial. In fact some mice even support this being done in their drivers. I actually want to know how you use your computer in general, if it's not flipping the axis already in your drivers? If you're using it without flipping it, I'm utterly confused as to why or how -- or do you always stand on your head when using your computer? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now, lets get down to my point. I suggested you send the message directly to Ubisoft for one reason and one reason only. Care to guess what that reason is? Correct, it's so that I'm not the only one that's said something to them. If they get the message through their technical support department and the technical support department says "Hey, we got a bunch of people rattling our cage down here to get Y Inverse working." It's all the more likely that they'll listen to those paid workers of theirs to get that in the next page. Whereas the unpaid volunteer moderator will be listened to, but mostly used as reinforcement to such a thing rather than as a "Definitely do what the unpaid guy says to do, he knows a small population of our community who uses the forums -- lets ignore the larger community that uses our tech support systme."

Does that make sense now?

Maz