PDA

View Full Version : How did the Templars get so dominant?

Eregost
12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
During the historical periods we visit in the Animus, we always witness a grand victory for the Assassins by the end. Yet somehow, at least since the invention of the production line if not before, Templars have dominated society and had more power and influence than the Assassins. How have the Templars managed to do this, why did the Brotherhood allow it when they are in strong positions after every game? Surely if the Creed is a better ideology then it should be winning the war? I know Daniel caused serious problems for the Assassins in 2000 but before that if you investigate the lore, the Templars have been dominant.

Speculate away!

E-Zekiel
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Templars were never really *that* dominant until the world started worshiping money.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
The Templars got most of their power after WWII. They orchestrated the war to take control of most of the major nations of the world. The Assassin order was devastated after Danial Cross betrayed them and revealed much important information about them.

E-Zekiel
12-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
The Templars got most of their power after WWII. They orchestrated the war to take control of most of the major nations of the world. The Assassin order was devastated after Danial Cross betrayed them and revealed much important information about them.

I think this is a misinterpretation - one that I've been seeing a lot of lately. From the games, I got the impression that Hitler & etc were not Templars, but that they waged the war basically worked in their favor, and they egged it on where they could. Not that they were 100% behind everything and the total driving force.

wolves_smurf
12-03-2011, 02:55 PM
During the time 18th, 19th and 20th centuries the templars were in possession of various Pieces of Eden and also had developed various inventions which improved peoples quality of life, such as the car which was invented by Henry Ford and electricity by Thomas Edison this earned them and the templar order a high position in society.

LightRey
12-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I think this is a misinterpretation - one that I've been seeing a lot of lately. From the games, I got the impression that Hitler & etc were not Templars, but that they waged the war basically worked in their favor, and they egged it on where they could. Not that they were 100% behind everything and the total driving force. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No Hitler wasn't necessarily a Templar. However, he was used by the Templars to instigate the war. As ACII's glyphs make quite clear, the war was most definitely a Templar plan and they used it to take control of major organizations.

E-Zekiel
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I really don't get the impression that it was all totally planned, and at most what they did was egg it on, then once they saw the opportunity, seized it. Money and fear = power.