PDA

View Full Version : AC 2 Classification in Australia

KakashiAssassin
10-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Hi all,

I am just posting to let the Aussies here know that AC2 has been given an MA 15+ classification here (same with Bloodlines).

I couldn't find anything with the search function, so I thought I'd post it (im also relatively new here)

Account_Deleted
10-05-2009, 07:47 AM
welcome then Kakashiassassin,
as most gamers we already know that it's around MA15+ since AC1 is MA15+ chances the game would be the same with some/and or additional features.
thanks for reminding us

Sypron
10-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Just a few points of interest for you
AC1 was MA15+
Left 4 Dead was MA15+, had a high level of violence and graphic gore.
Fallout 3 also MA15+, high level of gore.
Left 4 Dead 2, banned in Australia for violence.

AC2 is slightly more graphic than AC1. So, unless the Australian classification board is getting stricter it should stay as MA15+.
Hope that helps.

Assassin_Kat
10-06-2009, 01:41 AM
I don't care about the rating. I want to play the game too much.

It's just utter BS that Left 4 Dead 2 is banned. It's been advertised though, I was so excited, I asked the store clerk and he said that it was definitely banned. I was so angry I almost punched him.

obliviondoll
10-06-2009, 02:56 AM
And Fallout 3 almost got banned because of Stimpacks looking like Morphine.

Account_Deleted
10-06-2009, 05:18 AM
but isn't morphine used in military and some hospitals

Sypron
10-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
And Fallout 3 almost got banned because of Stimpacks looking like Morphine.

Its important to note that it was ONLY the drug references that got it pulled up. Not the violence. Personally, I think Fallout 3 was more graphic than L4D, while L4D simply had more people dieing. At any rate, AC2 is LESS graphic than both of them, so there's little cause for concern.

M-dahaka
10-06-2009, 07:42 AM
i'm confused, isn't L4D2 exactly the same as L4D, with a few extra weapons and meelee? why give it a different rating?

KakashiAssassin
10-06-2009, 07:51 AM
because... the people at the classification board decided it might get into te hands of children and because of the violence/detail/whatever in it...

well needless to say, the lack of an R18+ really should be fixed... but one of the attorney-generals is VETO'ing it :-/

EDIT: looks like L4D is up for reclassification, as it is no longer on the classification board website