PDA

View Full Version : R.U.S.E [full retail Console version] Feedback and bugs

Mr_Shade
09-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Please post all feedback and/or Bug reports relating to R.U.S.E [full retail Console version] in this thread.

If you are posting a Bug report, please post all other available info, to best help the Developers and Support.

Please do not make new threads for feedback and other issues, since those will be closed and replies moved here were possible.

Please do not post bugs / feedback on the demo in this thread, as it may not fully represent the final game.

Thanks for your co-operation.

hiredhelp2010
09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi i have recently just been playing on multiplayer with m8 mate. and he has played with other online players. and together we have noticed a few bugs andone major issue.
1- LAG we keep getting a errror box saying about connection issue with the person playing say my freind for example. who lives in same country engliand and same connection and same broadband company.

2- recently my mate has also noticed sudden rapid moves from the opponant.and he too has joined some others also complaining of the lag in the game. thoe we know our broadband is ok.

3- every now and then the game will just freeze after giving it good 5 minutes the game still freezes but we still able to chat.

i really enjoy this game i hope its sorted soon my FORMAT IS PLAYSTATION 3

please can you tone down the hard setting as the ai seem to be impossible to deal with even when co-op they seem to build up virtually everything and we get demolished barely get our bases up. lol cheers UBI.

mightydog25
09-09-2010, 03:53 PM
same here, It says connection issue with the players name, which freeze the troops on screen then it stays that way, but you can still talk and move anywhere on the map and have to quit the game in the end......Please can you sort it out cause its a great RTS game

MaDeToFaDe
09-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Xbox 360

Problem: When playing battle mode with a friend, the camara would snap to some random spot on the map. It was happening to the both of us. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

chargaplaya5
09-09-2010, 07:10 PM
When I go to select a unit to build the cursor continues to page up and down causing me to select the wrong unit, possibly a controller error any ideas

MaDeToFaDe
09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by MaDeToFaDe:
Xbox 360

Problem: When playing battle mode/any mode infact, the camara snaps to some random spot on the map. It was happening to me and a friend. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Not sure why i quoted :/ i wanted to edit my post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Spartan3179
09-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Im really enjoying this game so far and have noticed the following bugs.

Im about halfway through the campaign on the xbox and have noticed that the sound/voice during the cutscenes is slightly out of synce.

I have also noticed that for the menu system the icons wont be highlighted untill you move the cursor, it doesnt affect being able to select an option but should still be fixed.

Lastly, some of the unit descriptions have spelling mistakes that should be fixed to improve overall polish. I would also like to be able to see all the stats for each unit while in the Rusopedia, not just the descriptions.

On a side note, Ive purchased the bonus mission from UPlay and as far as I can tell its not showing up in the Battle section, at least not under the same name as described in UPlay. The bonus maps that I got with pre-ordering show up fine and are also listed in the bonus content section whereas the UPlay one is not.

Overall I am very happy with this game since I enjoy the slower more tacticle gameplay, definatly my GOTY http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MaDeToFaDe
09-10-2010, 08:56 AM
As SmokeyMcGraw posted in the PC feedback thread.

***The ability to skip intros has disappeared in the full game compared to the demo***

I know companies are proud of the work they have put into intros but it makes replaying levels almost unbearable if you have to start a 3 minute intro and wait.

Plus I prefer the story told in game play as much as possible after an opening intro.

The_KELRaTH
09-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Just purchased this game as I'm a real fan of C&C style games (PC).

Read the FAQ which states the console and PC versions are much the same with both supporting 8 multiplayer on large maps.

The text on the back of the PS3 box though says up to 4 players.

Is this a typo or is it a case of swapping for the PC version (not opened yet)?

Inv4lidUser
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Uplay Theme Problem

Option ticked.

Choose download - Theme not installed correctly.

Game is brilliant, Thanks to all the developers for their hard work BTW

RTS newbie

hindahouse
09-10-2010, 02:26 PM
PS3 Version

1. Random Camera Movement
2. Get rid of the low unit limit, or at least increase it to 70 for 2vs2!!
3. Problems with Mics
4. For some reason connection issues when Mics are used, and alot less connection issues when mics are used

hiredhelp2010
09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Inv4lidUser:
Uplay Theme Problem

Option ticked.

Choose download - Theme not installed correctly.

Game is brilliant, Thanks to all the developers for their hard work BTW

ALSO I TOO GET THIS ISSUE. but yet it takes my u.play funds

RTS newbie

Wolfpac991
09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Still getting a lot of Lag on PS3, says waiting for players connection

Has anyone resolved this problem or no how? I have really good internet. MAybe its router issues?

hiredhelp2010
09-10-2010, 03:40 PM
i very much doubt its a issue with your router.as many others are getting the same issue.lets hope someone will come on here to give us some response. and some hope.

mightydog25
09-10-2010, 03:43 PM
still having problems online same thing everytime play with freinf for 30min every now and the connection with player pops up the just freezes but we can still talk and move map around and something strange the troops are large on the map....

hiredhelp2010
09-10-2010, 03:44 PM
yes mate you not the only one. i like to manage to get 1 full decent game in.so i cant whoop my mates you know wots.

RuairiAU
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Xbox:
1) when navigating the menu, pressing left will sometimes cause it to keep repeating left even though the joystick is no longer being pressed.
2) camera randomly moves to an area.
3) on the level Blitz, path finding for tanks goes crazy as they try cross the last bridge near enemy base (they get stuck and go in circles)
4) (feature request) pressing X should deselect any currently selected units and then function as normal.

Jgalaszia
09-11-2010, 02:02 AM
I have RUSE on xbox 360 . the main problem i have is on operations you cant select a dificultly level so dont know what level i am playing at. because it was to hard for me to do i had a cap of 80 units but could only create 25 but when i went to attack the enermy had 100 so i did the game again and attack early with about 10 units about 3 mins into game and was in turn hit by 100 units again all tactics and all attemts to play operation fail if i attack early i meet more units than i can ever make if i wait i get hit by artillery and cant more either way i cant do it i think its a bug because on battle i am ok on main game i am ok ever on medium level i cant understand why on operations i cant do it

GimbleFIN
09-11-2010, 05:20 AM
BUG REPORT, this defect is repro with console version of game and with PC while using controller.

Preconditions:

- Battle ongoing
- Barracks has been made
- Some enemy building is visible on map
- Enough money so that infantry unit can be build

Steps to repeat:

1) Move focus onto Barracks and press X (or A with Xbox controller)
2) Move focus onto grenadier unit and press X
3) On the map move grenadiers ghost on enemy building

Expected result:

The unit can be ordered to capture building before it's even produced (like on PC version, when using mouse)

Actual result:

Unit can not be ordered to capture yet, have to order it seoparately after unit has been produced.

chargaplaya5
09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Major annoyance is when I go to select a unit the joystick acts like its stuck

batavus
09-11-2010, 11:23 AM
- aa guns shoot to late they are alreay damaged before they shoot at plains.
- units that are created in large amounts stay at there barrack or factory 1 or 2 units.
- american defance building anti air tells me it can fight plains and tanks an others but it only shoots in the air and i havnt seen flying tanks yet soooo i think its not correct:P
- camera jumps some times to units that i am not selecting.
- AI somtimes attacks hidden units in forrest by plain with out the units being spotted.

sorry for my english i am trying :P

Warforger
09-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Well I have only played it for two days (I had to get a new game since I hadn't asked for anything else, I saw this game and I thought "This is exactly what I was thinking of as a dream RTS") but one thing I have to comment on is that at first its hard to get used too, you should've used RA3's system of holding down X and having a circle appear in the middle of the screen, staying in the same position as you move the camera allowing you to select multiple units with ease. Often I was trying to rally my troops only to find a couple units still on the other end of the map. I've only played the first two missions BTW, I don't find RTS's addicitve, but they're fun to play from time to time.

Liquid Cheese
09-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Need unlimited time for offline skirmish and online private games. Almost every game, on bigger maps, ends right in the middle of the battle, lame. The game is awesome, but having an arbitrary time limit for games is a killer.

Also either increase the unit cap a bit(in 4 player games) or let us decommission units/buildings no longer used. Taking a unit back to its original building should give the decommission option, also clicking on building should give decommission option for building.

Liquid Cheese
09-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Warforger:
Well I have only played it for two days (I had to get a new game since I hadn't asked for anything else, I saw this game and I thought "This is exactly what I was thinking of as a dream RTS") but one thing I have to comment on is that at first its hard to get used too, you should've used RA3's system of holding down X and having a circle appear in the middle of the screen, staying in the same position as you move the camera allowing you to select multiple units with ease. Often I was trying to rally my troops only to find a couple units still on the other end of the map. I've only played the first two missions BTW, I don't find RTS's addicitve, but they're fun to play from time to time.

You can do the circle select thing with the Right Trigger(on Xbox).

RawKryptonite
09-11-2010, 11:57 PM
(360 version)
First of all, I'm enjoying the game, great job!
Some feedback, request for feature update:

1-Video replay of game is needed in console version, even if there is a limit on the number you can save (EndWar allowed for 10 I think). I was expecting that to be there, as it was mentioned in the Q&A, so I didn't see an issue going console vs. pc version I played in beta and demo.

2-hitting X to "select all" would be good to operate even after you have selected a unit for placement. For now, it only works when a unit (or stack of units) is bracketed, not when they are selected. Select All needs to work in both situations

3-Need an option for *no time limit* for a round. Even if this is only for Battle, Challenges, Private Rooms...I understand not having that for ranked, but for gaming vs. AI, co-op with friends etc., a no time limit option would be nice. Winning/losing by a few points due to the clock running out feels like a waste of effort.

4-Option to increase supply depot production totals. In other words, give them 150% and 200% and unlimited capacity for output. I don't mind the unit caps, that would keep things in check on it's own, but it would be fun in Battle, co-op and MP to go all out without worrying about supply depot resources, just as a gameplay option.
*I agree with the suggestion of needing to be able to de-commission a unit, due to the unit cap. Primarily with aircraft, building an airstrip just to get a recon plane out is hard to accept. LOL

5-Zoom out limitation:
I'd like to be able to limit the zoom out to stay within "sky level" so you don't leave the battlefield to go to the tactical map/table view. Ruins the illusion. Also, I sometimes get a flicker at the transition point, most noticeable on maps with rain.

6-Relocate the aircraft "return to base" button. Y button right now, after assigning a target to the aircraft, hitting Y to go to the production menu isn't possible without backing out. I tend to send aircraft home in the process. Using another button to send them home, OR to pull up the production menu would be nice.

7-A Ruse selection hotkey would be good instead of having to go through the production menu

8-Planes won't attack a target directly "in view" without a ground unit in range or a recon plane. I understand having a smaller area of awareness than a recon plane, but I should be able to spot them and attack when flying right over the unit I already know is there.

9-Last but not least, need to be able to CHAIN commands for programming a route. I seem to remember being able to do this with keyboard/mouse (I could be wrong about that) but no way to do it with controller that I have found. I don't want to send my planes on a direct route sometimes, much less my recon vehicles that need to skirt the action.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Major Major praise:</span>
GREAT job on all of the options for how to play the game. Playing vs. humans as co-op or competitive and the extensive options for playing solo vs AI...all game makers should take note of what you have done here. All games eventually fade away from a large public following, that's natural, but options like you have installed here will keep the game alive for fans for years to come. AI intelligence level as well as tactics options, setting up a partner AI...simply perfect. I'm extremely happy with what you guys have done here. I really wish all games had these options.

Also, thank you for including the 360 controller in the pc version! I wish EndWar had that. It's rare to find an RTS that plays well with a controller, and I actually prefer to play Ruse this way. The selection circle works so much better than dragging a box IMO. When I do pick it up on pc, like the demo, it will be nice not to have to re-learn controls. Part of that is the "magnifying glass" view when selecting a target enemy, very nice addition.

TheVoice777
09-12-2010, 05:49 AM
would be nice to be able to pitch the camera up and down...

Wartactics
09-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by batavus:
- aa guns shoot to late they are alreay damaged before they shoot at plains.
- units that are created in large amounts stay at there barrack or factory 1 or 2 units.
- american defance building anti air tells me it can fight plains and tanks an others but it only shoots in the air and i havnt seen flying tanks yet soooo i think its not correct:P
- camera jumps some times to units that i am not selecting.
- AI somtimes attacks hidden units in forrest by plain with out the units being spotted.

sorry for my english i am trying :P
your english isn't too bad, but they are called planes, not plains. Plains are flat grassy areas.

r0n241982
09-12-2010, 12:39 PM
PLEASE FIX THE POP UPS
AND ZOOM MUCH FURTHER!!!!

PS3 VERSION

kesic99
09-12-2010, 06:58 PM
yes, i have a bug. the BROKE bug. can you buy me a PS3 Move, and mail it to me? preciate it guys! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Symonator
09-12-2010, 07:03 PM
As already mentioned

1. unlimited time option for private/unranked
2. sell option? or get rid of buildings/units somehow.
3.some more camera angles, ie pitch.

Also if you zoom out of the map on center of gravity in 2vs2, sometimes you are met with a big pale square over the map, and you have to quit because you can't play.

ridsuk
09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
all of the above are true with ruse i mean we cant even play a decent game yet on ps3,the gamne lags,says r.u.s.e has encountered an probelem with another player in a box that keeps comin up and flashin while playin online and coms need sortin too.
Originally posted by hiredhelp2010:
Hi i have recently just been playing on multiplayer with m8 mate. and he has played with other online players. and together we have noticed a few bugs andone major issue.
1- LAG we keep getting a errror box saying about connection issue with the person playing say my freind for example. who lives in same country engliand and same connection and same broadband company.

2- recently my mate has also noticed sudden rapid moves from the opponant.and he too has joined some others also complaining of the lag in the game. thoe we know our broadband is ok.

3- every now and then the game will just freeze after giving it good 5 minutes the game still freezes but we still able to chat.

i really enjoy this game i hope its sorted soon my FORMAT IS PLAYSTATION 3

please can you tone down the hard setting as the ai seem to be impossible to deal with even when co-op they seem to build up virtually everything and we get demolished barely get our bases up. lol cheers UBI.

hiredhelp2010
09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I got the game last wednesday.
MrShades had been making forum for us to post and have inc the weekends.have been responding on the PC threads. and yet weve heard nothing. even at the weekends hes replyed on the pc threads. so why hasnt he got back to us.
i recently made a thread calling out the man himself. Asking if there is any updated info relating to a fix guess wot!! The topic was shut down by another forum manager. reason this needs to be a PM.
so wot everybody who has a issue needs to private message. and so i took it on myself to PM this manager asking there no need to close the topic i wasnt happy and could you plz forword on the request that the public need to hear something. guess what.NO RESPONSE!!

im really getting to beleave this is like codemasters forum manager useless. they cant let a good game go to waste. by ignoring us.they do more damage then good. COME ON PLEASE GIVE US SOME INFO UPDATE US PLEASE.!!

Mr_Shade
09-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi There..

I only post when I can answer a question - I noticed you said you have PM'd me?

However I don't seem to have it? - it could be for many reasons, but I'm here now...

The purpose of this thread is to gather information, to pass on to the Developers, even though they may have already seen the thread and read through it.

The thread is not an 'instant' fix, but is a place to collate the information, and to make sure that what is reported as a bug, is indeed a bug and not just a game feature that someone does not understand.

A full report will be sent within the next few days, since the UK release was only on Friday, that allows others time to post and make sure they get heard.

If you want to talk to me directly, I suggest you try to PM me again, hopefully this time it will work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

hiredhelp2010
09-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Firstly i like to thankyou for at last hearing from you. and not just me im sure. i actually did state i PM the forum manager that closed my topic. not you.! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

i will be awaiting for the full report shortly.thankyou mr shade.

P.S some of us would just liked to have had a quick response to say thanks guys for your questions and im putting it the development team. thats all nothing major. have good day and thanks once again.

Mr_Shade
09-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by hiredhelp2010:
Firstly i like to thankyou for at last hearing from you. and not just me im sure. i actually did state i PM the forum manager that closed my topic. not you.! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

i will be awaiting for the full report shortly.thankyou mr shade.

P.S some of us would just liked to have had a quick response to say thanks guys for your questions and im putting it the development team. thats all nothing major. have good day and thanks once again.

Sorry I miss read that, I thought you had PM'd me - so sorry..

I was waiting to do my 'thanks' until I was sure that people have had a chance to have input - like I said, the UK only had the game on Friday, so I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to be heard, before I started to thank people and give the impression that the thread was 'over and done'

This is my normal procedure, but since you appear to be a new member, you may not have known that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The report is for internal use only, so I won't be publishing it on the forums, but rest assured it will be read.

I would like to apologise for the other thread getting locked, the thread was valid and should not have been locked - you were worried things were being ignored, but I can assure you they are not.

I normally do respond to threads when I am working, however at present the PC version did have some rather larger issues, such as being unable to play the game at all, so it was taking more of my time up than I would have liked.

If you ever need to speak to me, or it's urgent, my PM box is always open http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

hindahouse
09-13-2010, 02:08 PM
I would like to edit my post!

". For some reason connection issues when Mics are used, and alot less connection issues when mics are used"

There are actually MORE connection issues when the mics are used

General_Lloyd
09-13-2010, 02:25 PM
As stated in the thread I made, if you're going to include a 2 vs. 2 ranked mode, please please please include the ability to play with our friends. From what I've heard that gametype is practically dead and for good reason. I play several hours a day with my friend but we are forced to stick to unranked gameplay and against cpu's when we feel like it due to this.

Liquid Cheese
09-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Everytime I set the AI to random it comes out as turtle. It should be RANDOM. Also please don't show me the AI strategy, let me try to figure it out for myself.

Eric-Cartman_No1
09-13-2010, 03:23 PM
i would really like if you could fix it so that when i play the A.I, and i set his profile to random, it doesn't tell me in his name what tactics he using. Whats the point in setting it to random if it just comes up turtle medium.

i was also thinking you could use the R3 buton to set waypoints as its quite frustating having to babysit your planes through sections in radio silence plus trying to counter what the enemy is doing.

while im here got to say love the game best RTS i've ever played. Love how you can totally fool an opponent just like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPhSrZcogQQ

Chrstianwiik
09-13-2010, 04:51 PM
i dont have anything to complain about exept i would really like to be able to finish a match betwen me an my ai on hard difficultyhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So free time limit yaaaaaaaaaay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

And its the best strategy game out there to consoll and i really loved the End War too but this is the best game in my oppinion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

hindahouse
09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
PLEASE bring in the ability to invite friends to an online ranked match

All me and my friends have been doing, is joining an ranked game and leaving the game instantly.

It should be in the game, and has probably ruined many games because of this reason!!

missolini
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh please let us play ranked games with friends!

MaDeToFaDe
09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Fighter bombers/planes doing there own thing is a pain. If i wanted them to attack something i would ask them to do so. Instead they fly off to there death with there auto lock on thing they got going on.

If you have any plans for future DLC/maps make them smaller! The large maps are hugeee too huge for 2v2.

As someone else said, if i set the AI to random i don't want to know what the AI is going to be ie turtle ect. Surprise me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maybe add waypoints? When you have your troops selected the X button is not in use! Maybe we could use that button to set way points?

Replays would be nice, but it's not going to happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif wink wink nudge nudge.

Ranked 2v2 with a friend would be awesome please thank you :P

Rather no one is playing ranked 1v1 or the match making is messed up. I'm in the training league.. and i've played against the top ranked player on the ladder and i've played against the person who sits in second.. .. twice.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9210/img1640u.jpg

Not really fair for new players. xHxHx AOD is racking up easy wins. Not sure if you get extra XP for beating the "top players" but i think you should.

Maybe make the hard AI harder for battle mode?

Ghoullio
09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I know this topic is everywhere, but i want to kniw what the status is on unlimited time against AI in the battles section. If its a possibility, im keeping my game. If nothing is going to be done about it, i have no use for a game that quits on me just when the action is heating up.

I would appreciate ANY response on this issue. Thank you in advance.

Ithilenia
09-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Replay function for console would be very nice indeed.
The PC has it, why not us? Its a strategy game so after the match I want to know why I lost or won.

thanks,

PSN: Rhomark

mightydog25
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
yeah i love ruse all said and done...when the online is working fine it will be my top game online

Eric-Cartman_No1
09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
i dont know if this can be added but how about some defensive ruses. instead of a fake tank assault how about the ability to fool your oppenenet you have a certain defensive buildings, like fake anti air bunkers. That could work in that it might stop an aggressive player attacking you, (worth considering?).

Eric-Cartman_No1
09-14-2010, 07:35 PM
oh yeah make it that so that fake air assualts dont always pump out 5 fake planes in the one go. Mix it up a little so that sometime its 4 planes then 1 or 2 or 3 then 2 fake planes because once people catch onto this trick fake air (tank) assaults become redundant.

JonkoSmoker
09-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Artillery shells go through mountains if an enemy is stationed behind one. It's not a big deal obviously, but it looks stupid.

Also, I really like the idea of defensive ruses!

edal86
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi,

* If its not possible to add Game Replays with a patch, can we at least get the "Save Screenshot" feature?

* Bug, (PS3) assistant voice sometimes says "Our Building has been destryed," or "sir, we lost a building" when no building has been destroyed or captured.

* Annoying, can there be an option to disable the Campaign's tutorials and scenes? I once lost many units while a scene was taking place because they were getting killed and I was unable to move them or command them

- Thanks, BTW great game

k20a2_power
09-16-2010, 02:12 AM
i have 3 very simple requests that i cant believe the devs left out....how about a little indicator next to your name to show who is talking. it is a pain in the *** always having to ask who has a mic only to have some ******* say "i do" as if that helps any. im sure this change can be made in 5 minutes if the devs wanted to

the fact that something like that was left out along with no ability to stack orders (crucial for plane usage without micro management) and 2v2 ranked matchs with friends leads me to believe nobody at ubi actualy played this game on the ps3 before it was signed off on as gold (ubi's fault for not having console beta)

there is absolutely no reason these cant be added to the game as the hardware is easily capable of it unlike supporting more then 100 units per team which i would also like but i understand that the hardware is a limiting factor.

if the devs can handle these issues then ill be the first to say thanks, on the other hand if time passes and these issues are never resolved then i say **** YOU to the devs for being lazy and not supporting a product past the release date.

oh btw before you get all high and mighty let me say i can talk to you guys any way i want because i PAID for this game and expect a solid product. if you guys want a bunch of people to kiss your *** instead of telling you like it is then this game should be free......THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

GimbleFIN
09-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by GimbleFIN:
BUG REPORT, this defect can be reproduced with console version of game and with PC while using controller.

Preconditions:

- Battle ongoing
- Barracks has been made
- Some enemy building is visible on map
- Enough money so that infantry unit can be build

Steps to repeat:

1) Move focus onto Barracks and press X (or A with Xbox controller)
2) Move focus onto grenadier unit and press X
3) On the map move grenadiers ghost on enemy building

Expected result:

The unit can be ordered to capture building before it's even produced (like on PC version, when using mouse)

Actual result:

Unit can not be ordered to capture yet, have to order it seoparately after unit has been produced.

Update on this one!

I got Move controller for PS3 yesterday and unfortunately this is repro also while using Move.

ANOTHER BUG REPORT:

This is so short that no need to list Precos and steps...

While selecting RUSEs, the decoy buildings seems to switch places. Sometimes decoy airfield is first on left, sometimes last on right. I would prefer so that it's allways consistent and i could just pick it with muscle memory. Now i have to pay attention and actually look for it. It's a minor thing, but still kind of annoying and could cause selecting wrong RUSE you intended to.

Ghoullio
09-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by ****** McGee:
oh btw before you get all high and mighty let me say i can talk to you guys any way i want because i PAID for this game and expect a solid product. if you guys want a bunch of people to kiss your *** instead of telling you like it is then this game should be free......THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Is this guy for real?!

[please do not insult other members]

VonStrudelmeyer
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Posted Wed September 15 2010 09:03
It only happened to me one time, and so it may have been a fluke never to happen again.

I dont feel it is much of a problem unless it happens many more times.

But I was playing a mission and at the end it goes to the movie mode [not a cut scene, but when you have no control at the end of the game].

But the endgame score screen did not pop up and it sat there on the movie screen.

It was not frozen, there were german units retreating and the sound was still playing.

I was also able to go to the ps3 screen and force close the game.

And as you may already know when its in this mode there is no other way to leave it then to select the button on the score screen.

So I had to force close the game.

I reloaded it and played through with no problems.

So, I do not think that it is a major problem, or even worth replacing the game. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, or anyones thoughts on it.

sorry for all the writing, I sepereated the lines so it wouldn't seem so overwhelming to read.

On PS3, Paid version of game.

k20a2_power
09-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Ghoullio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ****** McGee:

Is this guy for real?!

In your case, guy, the customer is always a ritard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your a ***....its spelled ******

can you explain exactly which of my requests is unreasonable? the hardware is not the limiting factor with these issues....the problem is none other then the devs themselves

Mr_Shade
09-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Guys..

If you can't follow the rules and post without insulting people, I have no choice but to remove your posts - or suspend you.

I would rather that you all post in a civil and constructive way, rather than force me to take action.

If your post get's edited by a Forum Manager or a Moderator, it's not a good idea to go and remove that edit.. and replace the insult..

Ted_at
09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
First of all I can not understand the reviews, this game is great but with one major issue which will make or brake the game for me:
I get this very annoying spam screen when playing online saying: "RUSE has encountered a problem with this player".

Why is this my problem? Can the game please continue while this player sorts out his connection or til he quits the game?

If it is bad network coding then it is the LAST thing people would want in this sort of game. This is mainly a multiplayer game, period! At least for me. So please sort this out. Going to putt this game on halt for a while. I wont sell this game if problem is not fixed, I wouldnt want anyone else get as dissapointed as I am right now.

mgk47
09-16-2010, 03:36 PM
So. I don't understand why more people haven't been mentioning this, or maybe I'm just a bit behind the discussion. In the Trailer for RUSE, there was clearly the use of naval forces. This is fact. There is nothing on the ps3 box for the game that says, "There are no naval forces" or any disclaimer. If you do not intend to provide a free DLC with naval forces. I wish to have a partial refund. The game is brilliant, but it does freeze, mine occasionally wont even let me attack another unit. Still its very fun and those bugs are minuscule compared to complexity of the game itself and the enjoyment it brings. I have really enjoyed Ubisofts titles, especially AC and AC2. But this just feels like Ubi's marketing staff took ten dollars out of my pocket. I would've bought HAWX 2 if I knew there wasn't going to be a naval feature. I understand there are possibly a multitude of reasons why it wasn't included, but you didn't tell us, so it's my belief to responsibility to correct this lies with Ubisoft. I'm extremely open to a reasonable solution, nor am I in a rush, but I do want this resolved. I know it's an ugly word, and the work behind the project may not reflect the situation, but it's false advertising.

Thank you for you're time.

DKLennarth
09-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Hi everyone! I bought the game on PS3 3 days ago and when it was so many solders and tanks on the map the game freeze and I had to start over the game again.

Feedback from me: Game was great so far and all started up perfect so far in the beginning. One thing is missing in the game and that I want to have how many bases I have captured in the statestic and that is very needed at least from me. Itīs hard to remember how many times I have done it.

In operation game was so hard in one mission and itīs hard to build up many tanks if my base is gone after few minuts. Yes, I did the camoflage and have silence radio, but they hitted my base so quickly. Some missions I could do, but most of the time I failed on so many other. The missions could have options like EASY, NORMAL and HARD here too.

With regards from me..

MaDeToFaDe
09-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by DKLennarth:
Hi everyone! I bought the game on PS3 3 days ago and when it was so many solders and tanks on the map the game freeze and I had to start over the game again.

Feedback from me: Game was great so far and all started up perfect so far in the beginning. One thing is missing in the game and that I want to have how many bases I have captured in the statestic and that is very needed at least from me. Itīs hard to remember how many times I have done it.

In operation game was so hard in one mission and itīs hard to build up many tanks if my base is gone after few minuts. Yes, I did the camoflage and have silence radio, but they hitted my base so quickly. Some missions I could do, but most of the time I failed on so many other. The missions could have options like EASY, NORMAL and HARD here too.

With regards from me..

You get use to them after awhile. I've done all but one of the operations.. it's rock solid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif one day tho maybe in 2012 i will beat it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

weedbazooka
09-17-2010, 06:37 AM
just beat the game on the wargamer level. not too challenging. like some ruses. no 2v2 ranked matches suck because me and my partner would smash most. so we are stuck playing the ai on the hardest level and winning in 15 minutes....lol. make 2v2 matches ranked plz. i may start playing 1v1 ranked matches but rather play 2v2.
p.s. @madetofade, no way u should have smashed that dude like that. to be level 39 and to lose that bad just means he sucks bad. u probably had a 5:1 kill ratio that game. large maps are fun but the planes are overated. i dont even build an airport in most matches until i already wiped out most units. the best ruse no doubt is spy.

TexasToat
09-18-2010, 01:59 AM
I can not stand how you offer Sheridan the General star, and I only see it one time in a cut sence on his shoulders. It kills me I know it is dumb but Still annoying, names of towns are inaccruate, my Friends German wife was upset http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Spellings incorrect in dialouge, some weapon systems like Priest are not auto targeting. XBOX version

Ghoullio
09-18-2010, 05:33 AM
What are you talking about? The artillery units DO auto attack, if you have recon units out there. You can also select from the options menu the ability to auto target buildings...

Warforger
09-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Can we please find a new way to move the cursor without sticking to units to the next unit? That seems to be the worst of the problems for console games, otherwise the controls are alright.

Originally posted by TexasToat:
I can not stand how you offer Sheridan the General star, and I only see it one time in a cut sence on his shoulders. It kills me I know it is dumb but Still annoying, names of towns are inaccruate, my Friends German wife was upset http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Spellings incorrect in dialouge, some weapon systems like Priest are not auto targeting. XBOX version

Personally I think the story is terrible and should just be ignored, I had no idea who these people were (i.e. a cut scene goes to another general? Who the **** is this guy? Why should I care? ) then once I am almost done conquering Italy I'm then given a cutscene talking about how the Allies are opening up a new front and he doesn't want to be left behind, nothing to indicate your going to be commanding forces at the D-Day landing.

The story assumes you know everything about WWII, and did what the Inglorius Basterds did they try to make a new "there was more to the war so we made something up"

Ghoullio
09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Any tactician worth his salt knows the events of WWII. Patton was in charge of rounding up the French and Italian forces in Africa and then he pushed into Italy. He was then put in Southern Europe as a ruse, which tricked Rommel into thinking the main invasion would come from the South. The campaign in Italy was meant to knock the Italian support out from under the Axis and require Germany to put its precious troops into Italian defenses.

Ghoullio
09-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Is there going to be an unlimited time option for console players?

konini7
09-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Waypoints need to be added, as there have been countless times where my units have run into ambushes when I'm not looking at where they are going. You can't be expected to watch over your units as they move from A to B.

The control scheme (PS3) could essentially be something along the lines of holding down R1 or L1 (I don't think those buttons are used for anything) and pressing X to set different waypoints.

For when Playstation Move is used, it would have to be L1 on the Navigation controller, as R1 is not present when using the Move controller.

DKLennarth
09-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Hi again! On battles on the map Bagration on the 3 hills (straight, left and to the right) when itīs too much buildings and solders + tanks then the game freezes 1-2 seconds (many times) until you get back on the plain. Very irritated when I have to lay an attack there up on the hills. On the rest of that map is playable, but not on the hills *there the enemy is* when the game some kind of hacking-bug are there.

Many regards from me..

DKLennarth
09-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Ghoullio:
Is there going to be an unlimited time option for console players?

Yes, this game really miss this option to play unlimited of time. Would be great to have other special maps (or maps) for that. Could unlock from EXP-point that after Level 50 you have unlimited time and after new levels a map opend. Now this EXP-point is kinda useless in my eyes, because now that only for geting 2 trophes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Regards from me..

mgnmpl
09-20-2010, 04:21 AM
System: PS3

Bugs:
- Mission 5 in Campaign - the SI allies (left and right flank) never move for me. I did everything I should but after defending the city I'm on my own with those few soliders agains the whole army and a tiger. I saw a movie that shows how it should look like (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rgf6ualGhs&feature=related - from 6:00) but for me allies never come. They stay at their positions or even they loose their battles.

- Connection not responding in private match - I cannot set up a private match with my friend (he cannot do that also). We CAN play multiplayer games, public games but we cannot play together. We always get the message "connection not responding". This really sucks as we bought this game so we could play together.

Nice to have:
- Snapping sensitivity control - it would be great if you could add a snapping sensitivity controller like for a cursor.

THE GAME IS GREAT

wesgothia
09-20-2010, 02:14 PM
consol: ps3
I have a problem, when i try to host a private/public game my friend first appears then disappears(conection lost),same when he try to host. Same when we try to join another public game some other has started. For me he disappears, and for him I dissapear. The game can start, but then freeze when in the game, and have to restart the game. This happens every time, Could it be the that we use the same internet supplier? (Comhem in sweden). I dont have any problem playin aginst others, neither him.
This is so stupid, it must be some kind of ip-bug?. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Deton_van_Zan
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
after the psn made a new patch , for some reason i cant see the leaderboard , whats woste i get stuck on the connecting screen , please fix

AdamPBUD
09-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Mission 5. Digging out the Fox.

PS3 version. When you're at the mission to get 1000pts., the green allies never move in to help you. This is a glaring bug and needs to be addressed, because the mission is almost unplayable now.

KILLER-ST
09-22-2010, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Please post all feedback and/or Bug reports relating to R.U.S.E [full retail Console version] in this thread.

If you are posting a Bug report, please post all other available info, to best help the Developers and Support.
Hi mr shade i posted this info on tech help earlier. but thought id put it here as well.

There is a bug with the mics when playing multiplayer on the PS3 version. first of all chat is fine but with about a 10second delay before my voice reaches the other end. But the bug is then all of a sudden areally loud electronic feed back white noise is sent down the mic. i messaged 1 other player on my team he said the same happened at his end. my mic setting was mid level setting i use for all online multiplayer. I know some pc players are saying that the same bug is present on the pc version. so i can only assume its across all formats. there can be slight sound drop issues in campaign mode. but nothing as severe as this.
It actually gave me earache and would have damaged surroundsound had i left the game running. For the time being i would advise other players who read the forum to keep there mics on low volume at least until after the patch.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Joppsta
09-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Well.. my thoughts on this game are.. why can you not self terminate units and buildings? That would be a great feature.

Furthermore, the online lobby aspect. Why do you not make it faster to remove people/AI by assigning that to the "X" and using the "RB/LB" buttons to switch difficulties of AI and "RT/LT" for faction?

It would make the whole battle aspect of the game a lot more appealing since you wouldn't have to spend so much time in tedious menus and you could spend more time playing the actual game.

Besides that.. i can't really say much else. It's a good game. The brits seem pretty crap though, i mean, air is good but the rest is hogwash. Our paras should be buffed since they are SAS and perhaps give us the ability of dropping in an armed Jeep for recon via airmail.

Expansions for this game could be epic and i know i'd buy DLC if this game catches on well. I love RTS and the offline side was great. Online has much potential too if nurtured. Unlike our PC cousins we don't have the benefit of modding so if you would give us some maps and new units and perhaps game modes even.. that would be great!

My only query would be the time limit. Why one hour exactly? I say having the ability to pause the game .. mid-game by a vote would be sweet. It would be useful if playing with friends so you could have long drawn out battles.

Anyway, that's all my thoughts. Good going and hope to see this game get the support from the creators it deserves.

Nakedmonkee
09-26-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm not reporting a bug only offering feedback on a strategy I was unwittingly almost overcome by.

It was a 2v2 unranked match and the opponent to my north was massing Maus's and Puma's. I didn't know much about the Puma so as a Russian player I placed advanced AT guns near a bridge in the woodline which was my only choke point. His 6 Maus, 1 Puma, 1 werblewind walked into my 8 advanced AT guns, 10 infantry, and 1 BA-11 were destroyed in a heartbeat.

So I did some research and found that ALL AT guns have low numbers on armor over 3. Meaning that if one were to build heavy armored recon with heavy and super heavy tanks with only having a few of them they would literally walk right through any defensive position. I don't get why advanced AT guns are so nerfed. Can they beef these up so against superheavy tanks AT guns can be somewhat a viable option? As it is now I think the best option in this scenario is a fighter-bomber blitz on the werblewind and recon and advanced AT tanks with heavy to super heavy tank support to challenge the Maus's...even that may fail.

TheVoice777
09-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Wish I could skip the cutscenes or briefings when I want...

Cancel building order, and destroy or demolish buildings and retire unwanted units...

Pitch camera up/down...

I also noticed today the a/c retracting its gear after take off which is a nice touch, add dogfight manouvers like roll, loops for fighters...

Would be nice to be able to call in arty from ships off shore...

Add strategic hills where arty has greater range..

Wartactics
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
In the Rusepedia you should be able to see the unit viewer stats instead of the generic light -heavy damage icons. When you pull up the unit you should be able to hit another button to see the exact stats of the units in the menu.

DavidassMagoza
09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Unlimited Time Please!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Do not post spam...</span>

Ghoullio
09-27-2010, 10:06 PM
We were told to put unlimited time requests in this section and now you mark it as spam?

I'm confused...

JulyDerek
09-29-2010, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by mgnmpl:
- Connection not responding in private match - I cannot set up a private match with my friend (he cannot do that also). We CAN play multiplayer games, public games but we cannot play together. We always get the message "connection not responding". This really sucks as we bought this game so we could play together.

Try putting both your PS3 into the DMZ in your Router settings. Should work after that.

ChilledLJ
09-29-2010, 05:54 PM
i just got this game for PS3 and the online is messed up, almost every game it comes up on screen saying that it is having connection problems with another player,making the game constantly stop for a second then restart. It is unplayable when this happens. Maybeit's just PSN cuz this never happened playing on the xbox

JulyDerek
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
I am on the PS3 and there is an issue in trying to accurately pick a unit while zooming in and out.

scaramanga1973
09-30-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't know if this has already been posted in this thread but there appears to be an exploit using bombers flying outside the map.

I don't want to go in to too much detail as I don't want to advertise the glitch but there is a thread in this forum that does.

Mr Shade, could you confirm whether this is actually a glitch?

redbullking84
10-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JulyDerek:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mgnmpl:

Try putting both your PS3 into the DMZ in your Router settings. Should work after that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how you do that mate???

InfiniteStates
10-04-2010, 04:31 AM
I find it incredibly difficult (using Move) to target units in woods with units that can't go in woods (specifically assault guns on recon). The game (correctly) stops me moving my unit ghosts into the woods, but this makes it frustratingly hard to target anything in the woods.

And another easily reproducible bug: if you use your last ruse then immediately open the production menu, your cursor doesn't get moved out of the ruse menu and so disappears. You have to close the menu and re-open it. Not a major issue, but can be annoying when you're trying to be quick.

fattoler
10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think the Churchill should have been the Brit's prototype tank, it makes no real historical sense whatsoever and when you consider what the other actions get i.e. actual prototypes you'd thinks the UK would get something like the centurion

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/unitedkingdom/cruiser/centurion/centurion-mk-i-01.jpg

KILLER-ST
10-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

Please do not make new threads for feedback and other issues, since those will be closed and replies moved here were possible.

Please do not post bugs / feedback on the demo in this thread, as it may not fully represent the final game.

Thanks for your co-operation. Hi a new small campaign bug error is on misssion 20 were oyu have to capture enemy headquarters before they get 2000 resorces. Is the camera angle gets stuck on the outer edge of the map ie edge of table. And the n thats it the camera is stuck the only way to cure is quit mission and start sgain This has only happened twice in about twenty plays on this mission as im stuck onthe mission. Both times its occured after losing a facility to the enemy. so i pull camera back to see what they took and thats when the camera locked up both times. PS3 version. only minor as i say its happened twice in multiple plays. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

JulyDerek
10-09-2010, 02:54 AM
I think they should make Custom games ranked. They probably think they are shutting out the Boosters, but playing with your buddy is one of the fun elements of the game. And that game should be ranked.

Axe99
10-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JulyDerek:
I think they should make Custom games ranked. They probably think they are shutting out the Boosters, but playing with your buddy is one of the fun elements of the game. And that game should be ranked.

Totally agree - particularly as boosters are able to boost in the ranked games anyways. Would also be good to have public games with private 'slots' for 2v2s. No worries either way, RUSE is a great game as is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

JulyDerek
10-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Axe_99au:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulyDerek:

Totally agree - particularly as boosters are able to boost in the ranked games anyways. Would also be good to have public games with private 'slots' for 2v2s. No worries either way, RUSE is a great game as is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope they give us Custom games which are Ranked in the next patch Update.

When is the next patch Update for the PS3? Any idea?

hiredhelp2010
10-11-2010, 10:39 AM
AWWW I see we still have no patch. over a month now. this is getting abit unfare now.
talking of unfare playing the AI in multiplayer is silly they build up there troops bases faster than you can say the germans are comming. and guess what they really are comming for you.

the germans and russians are the hardest.

VVidar
10-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Here is an entry from the official RUSE site FAQ:

Q: Will each faction have its own characteristics?
A: There are 6 factions in the game: US, UK, GERMANY, USSR, ITALIA and FRANCE. Of course each of them has its own units…and its own specificities based on those they really had during WWII. (...) the Germans are the kings of the plains, as they were the forerunners in armoured vehicles (especially tanks).

Quotation: "based on those they really had during WWII" That should mean at least an effort to base equipment and performance on hard WWII data.

Instead the USA, that in reality only had the weak M2 light tank in 1939, starts of in 1939-RUSE with the 1942-era medium tank M3 Lee/Grant and also gets the armored artillery M7 Priest in 1939-RUSE that in reality was introduced around 1942 etc. etc. etc. Why then for instance are the Germans, according to the RUSE FAQ "the kings of the plains", not also given 1942-era Panzer III but instead a weak 1939-era Panzer III?

If one should stay in so-called Game balancing terms however, the other nationalities could also then have been given some 1942-era equipment in 1939-RUSE. Where then is some of the other nationalities Armored Artillery, like for instance the 1942+ German Hummel 150 mm and Wespe 105 mm artillery?

Or why do other nations not get a cheap and early 1942 self-propelled AAA option, like for instance any of the lightly armored German SP AAA halftracks Sd.Kfz. 10/4, 10/5 and 7/1 which were historically already operational in 1940, meaning 1939-RUSE? The USA on the other hand gets a RUSE-1942 SP AAA M16 and the other nationalities generally get a RUSE-1942 SP AAA nothing.

Not to mention the max. range in RUSE of 600 meters for tank guns, which puts those nationalities at a disadvantage that - unlike the USA - had longer range tank guns and far better (ranging) optical equipment.

RTS Game design centered on play balance and playability: forget the historical data and let's make interesting sides with more or less the same units but with different visuals. Then we arrive at something called HALO WARS on console.

RTS Game design centered on history/realism and playability: different playing sides with comparable equipment types but historically based different characteristics. On console there is an empty niche here.

RUSE is somewhere in between those two game design criteria. The proverbial Jack of all trades that is a master of none. Sure RUSE is fun and challenging, one might still add: Better do it right or not at all.

Wenn schon, denn schon

InfiniteStates
10-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by VVidar:
...RUSE is somewhere in between those two game design criteria. The proverbial Jack of all trades that is a master of none. Sure RUSE is fun and challenging, one might still add: Better do it right or not at all.
Have to disagree. I don't care if there's a unit available in '39 mode that wasn't actually made until '42 etc.

All I care about is the game playing well. Which it does. Sure there are some balancing issues, but by and large it's pretty well balanced until the top-tiers of gameplay. And even then Germany and the US can go at it on a pretty even keel (and Russia maybe? Don't know a lot about them, other than they hurt when played well).

Game design > historical accuracy IMO.

InfiniteStates
10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Great - seems my thread has mysteriously vanished...

Well, for anyone that managed to read it, it seems it is a legitimate bug, and the only thing I can think of now is that somehow my profile has got itself into a state where it is corrupting memory...

This was taken, first game after power on of the PS3. Not what I needed against BattleKing, which anyone who is unfortunate to have played him will testify.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/InfiniteStates/sucks.jpg

EDIT: update - I deleted the install data and re-installed...fingers X'ed I haven't seen it yet in about 3 or 4 games.

Gypsy816
10-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Charlie, it might have gotten moved to the Community Technical Support page. Have you checked there?

InfiniteStates
10-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I did thanks. Mr_Shade kindly pointed me in the right direction http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mantis2828
10-31-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi UBI,i have PS3 version RUSE and everytime have connection problems in lobby.Is not possible connect to my friends,if they invite me.Anytime,when i join nothing happens and on the screen is only CONNECTING..(sometime 10 minutes!!!).Please fix it,this is not possible and not useless.Lag in the match is frequently too.Martin

mantis2828
11-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi UBI,is possible connection patch in close future?RUSE is great game,can you give us any info?thanx

Axe99
11-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Have you got your PS3 in a DMZ Mantis? RUSE is fairly picky when it comes to open ports and the like, and this may help.

mantis2828
11-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Axe thx for response,can you help me with settings pls?I dont know what make firsttime..thx

Axe99
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by mantis2828:
Axe thx for response,can you help me with settings pls?I dont know what make firsttime..thx

Hey Mantis, it'll depend a bit on your router as to where to actually set things up, but there's a solid guide on giving your PS3 in a DMZ here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541

Note - you should _never_ put your PC in a DMZ (unless you're right on top of technical issues relating to port security and the like, and really know what you're doing), just your PS3 (or Xbox360).

Good luck, and good gaming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

johnnyquest_2
11-26-2010, 08:43 PM
why is it that iris zoom on pc can zoom futher than iriszoom on playstation

Warforger
11-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by johnnyquest_2:

Because the PS3 is still the same console it was 5 years ago when it was released as well as the Xbox 360, PC's on the other hand constantly change and advance, thus PC's get better processors and thus they can handle more. You'd also find the PC has more features.

maikkelis95
11-30-2010, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest_2:

Because the PS3 is still the same console it was 5 years ago when it was released as well as the Xbox 360, PC's on the other hand constantly change and advance, thus PC's get better processors and thus they can handle more. You'd also find the PC has more features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Ps3 came out 2007. thats 3 years, not 5.

gwfran
01-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Major issue trying to use the "Y" command menu. The menu scrolls rapidly as though someone is moving the joystick. Movement is random (up, down, left, right) and makes the "Y" command menu impossible to use at times.

P4stF4allLi9ht
01-10-2011, 02:15 PM
RUSE is awesome I love it but what would make it better is on the x-box 360 make an update to it or something to where everyone can play 3V3 and can also have no time limit or have a game time up to 2 hours at least http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

flashsflame
01-13-2011, 06:02 PM
id like to see a 3v3 or 4v4 as well and more co op i mean yes i understand its hard to do but its just 2 missions come on

stchris666
01-16-2011, 02:43 PM
posted a few times on various threads and no response from the forum manager so i coming here.

Whats the crack with 1vs1 ranked?ever since ive reached gold leauge i cant get a game for love nor money.

I think that you should try pair players of a similar level for a max of 5 mins and after that just pair with the next player thats been waiting for a game.

athendofthedoc
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
for some reason every time i try and play an online match 2mins into the game all other teams are surrendering but some of the messages i get from other players is that its me who is surrendering but when i set players to AI this doesn't happen. any thoughts?

Joppsta
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by athendofthedoc:
for some reason every time i try and play an online match 2mins into the game all other teams are surrendering but some of the messages i get from other players is that its me who is surrendering but when i set players to AI this doesn't happen. any thoughts? You are disconnecting from the game? Duh?

Joppsta
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest_2:

Because the PS3 is still the same console it was 5 years ago when it was released as well as the Xbox 360, PC's on the other hand constantly change and advance, thus PC's get better processors and thus they can handle more. You'd also find the PC has more features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So what you're trying to say is everyone buys a new PC every year? Lmao... good one man, you had me going http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hobopie1990
02-16-2011, 02:33 PM
I think that you should improve on your 2-3 player co-op on console. I bought the game to play with my 2 friends as on the back of both the PS and 360 versions it says 2 -3 player co-op, and to say that its 2-3 player co-op when it only has one map and its a set map with no changes and limited units i think is a bit wrong. Maybe you could make some more maps with 3 on 1 or make it so we can play online multiplayer and split the teams how we want instead of having set 1v1 or 2v2 we can make it 3v1. Just a thought really =P

Kevin_G_ps3
02-21-2011, 12:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul-360:
PS3 version. i dont know if this has been posted or if its already being addressed but on mission 5 when you get the target for 1000pts the allies never advance so i just get anhialated every time. i've restarted the mission several times but it keeps happening. im not happy, 5 missions in and im stopped in my tracks. fix it please.

I'm having same issues with mine. Cannot complete the 5th level because the allies never advance. The audio advances like they are there (i.e. I'm being asked to flank the Germans to help the Brits out, but they are still back by the beach instead of moving up next to my right)
Please help!

EluminStars
03-01-2011, 06:36 AM
can i play coop ruse with a mate offline.sombod plz help.

odi0n2009
03-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Xbox 360 Version.

When I activate my menu that shows the Ruse cards, Building Structures, Infantry (the Y button basically)

The game would start scrolling to through on it's own. Happens at random at least 20% of the time for me.

cotter117
03-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Problem: Game Crashing
Level: Digging Out The Fox
Part: Final Cutscene

So I got RUSE recently and started the solo campaign.

Worked fine until I got to the mission; 'Digging Out The Fox'.

I play through the mission and get to the point where I have to get 1000pts. So I continue and get 1000pts to complete the mission then the game goes into a cutscene where the Germans are retreating and that's it.... No continue screen nothing. It just stays like that.

I've left it for an hour, no change. I've replayed the mission about 20 times it keeps doing it. I've even deleted all RUSE data from my system including save files and the patch. Then started from the beginning only to get that screen again.

It's really frustrating as I can't continue with the campaign.

Help would be appreciated.

cotter117
03-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Also meant to add.

My allies never advance and help me complete the mission. They either get wiped out or just sit at their starting positions and do nothing. Makes the mission harder to finish and impossible to destroy the tiger tank.

Mitchshaw25
04-05-2011, 02:52 PM
i love RUSE, its a great game but i think that there should be objective based modes instead of only highest score wins for non ranked private matches and solo battles. something like the operations but you can customize which team gets what units and what are the primary objectives such as defend a position for a certain amount of time or capture a certain location or escort a specific unit to a location and the other team would have to do the opposite thing such as take the location the first team is defending or defending a position that the first team is trying to take or defeating the unit the other team is trying to escort, other than that i love the game although the previously mentioned bug when you try to use the build menu and it automatically scrolls to the left is an annoying problem but i can live with it until there is a patch to fix it.
Thank you,
Mitchell

Redbanana27
04-06-2011, 08:18 PM
This is just a small and slightly funny thi g to do, on the map diplomats there are a number of places around mountains were ground units will get trapped in little tiny boxes, and after this you can sometimes send units out of the play zone for ground units, seriously i just noticed it today, i had a freekin t-34 underneath the water fall and in the water to the right of that, almost on the top of the mountain to the right of that aswell. Just something you might want to try and or fix, either way brilliant ambush points.

layton322
04-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by cotter117:
Also meant to add.

My allies never advance and help me complete the mission. They either get wiped out or just sit at their starting positions and do nothing. Makes the mission harder to finish and impossible to destroy the tiger tank.

I'm not sure the allies are supposed to advance. You'll get extra points for helping them out, but for all my saves they get gunned down and never relieve you.

also:
------------------------------------------------
"Makes the mission harder to finish and impossible to destroy tiger tank."
------------------------------------------------
You don't even have to attack the tiger tank. It sounds to me that you are attacking the germans head on. I've ALWAYS had bad experiences trying to do this. You should be fortified around the town. Stay there. They will send about 3 infantry, and a panzer IV or 2 from the north, and 2 panzer IIIs from the east on a regular basis. Having stuarts on the east to attack the panzer IIIs, and your lees, anti tank guns and infantry fortified around the town to attack the infantry and panzer IVs.
It will take you a while to accumulate the points, but I've never lost that mission before, simply by holding the town.

cotter117
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
My point about the allies not helping was raised when I was trying to dobthe tiger tank secondary onjective. I was playing on Wargamer and it was impossible to get into the tiger without allies help. I had seen a bid on YouTube in which the allies assaulted the main german base and helped the user and was wondering why the never did it with me.

I went back and played it on easy and I had to actually go and take out the Germans holding them back before they pushed up. Once they did though that went straight for the german HQ. This allowed me to get the tiger.

P47ace
04-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Some of the units when deployed don't say the things their supost too

ex. Shermans say "bomber ready, sir"

Fireflys say "anti-air ready"

just a few ive herd, not a big problem just seems weird.

Rexosts
04-21-2011, 04:13 AM
For Ps3;

1.Fix connection. Lag is make me angry.

2. Suplly truck give More money like Nuclear mode.( 3$ 3$ 3$ )

3. Popilation up to 70-100 ( 2v2)

4. Finally , We want 3vs3 !!!

This game is awesome and could be legendary.

( Sorry for my english http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Redbanana27
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by cotter117:
My point about the allies not helping was raised when I was trying to dobthe tiger tank secondary onjective. I was playing on Wargamer and it was impossible to get into the tiger without allies help. I had seen a bid on YouTube in which the allies assaulted the main german base and helped the user and was wondering why the never did it with me.

I went back and played it on easy and I had to actually go and take out the Germans holding them back before they pushed up. Once they did though that went straight for the german HQ. This allowed me to get the tiger.

when i did the game on wargamer i found it quite easy to get the tiger tank