PDA

View Full Version : What the f#$^ happened?

Eldest219
12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
So...

I got the patch yesterday that was supposed to be released on the 20th. Ever since that patch, EVERY SINGLE GAME has been terribly laggy. I wish I was exaggerating. I didn't make a thread yesterday because I figured it was a coincidence, but all day today it's been the same laggy bullsh%&. Should have expected as much from a patch that was so laggy it was late a day.

Christ, this rage inducing gameplay is what I would expect from Call of Duty. Not Assassin's Creed. Everything was fine up until I got that patch. Now everything is all out of whack.

/endrant

Seriously, though. I'm left sitting here thinking "What the f#$^ happened?" Anyone else run into this problem/notice this, or is it one big coincidence and all of this is on my end? Discuss.

DannyStrong
12-22-2011, 10:14 PM
I think they changed the timing if some of the abilities... not 100% sure about that though... mute for me seems to require the same timing as a smoke bomb now.. I haven't experienced anything else that I think may be lag though.

lx_Reafer_xl
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah, dunno if it's a coincidence either, but these past two or three days I've come across some real laggy BS myself.

From getting stuck in kill/stun animations to being stunned while my target is choking in my own smoke.
I even have a video up showing one glitch where my pursuer and I got stuck in a kill/death animation for an entire round of Corruption.
(Video can be found here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcsGVwbTCNI))

Awesome avatar, BTW.
<3 Scrubs.

Ripe Claw
12-22-2011, 10:30 PM
The way it is playing now is how it played for me for the first couple of weeks. Then it went away. Now it is playing bad again .. the way it was playing when I was making all the rant threads. It's like they did something that helped, I even posted how things were sped up and climbing and running was improved. Post patch, it is back to the garbage game I was blasting on release. I had to use Mute and smoke just to stun 1 pursuer just because it would force me to stun 3-4 npcs beforehand.

They decided it would be fun to pre 3.0 us all over again for the jollies I think. Maybe in od's honor? I think I will start just calling pre 3.0 back in March "obliviondoll day" Gonna mark it on my calendar.

Lame! Turn it back how it was!

Citizen War
12-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Smoke has a different effect every game for me lately. I think that it is just the game matching us up with people in Europe and such. Recent players are a mix of Germany, Brazil, Spain, US, and Australia.

Server went down at the end of a game tonight as well, not back up yet.

Lyleator
12-22-2011, 11:57 PM
I experienced the exact same thing. Downloaded the patch then suddenly at least half the lobby is stuttering around the map, popping up out of literally nowhere and killing me, or stunning me even while i'm mashing square as I walk up to them.

Ramalama116
12-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by lx_Reafer_xl:
Yeah, dunno if it's a coincidence either, but these past two or three days I've come across some real laggy BS myself.

From getting stuck in kill/stun animations to being stunned while my target is choking in my own smoke.
I even have a video up showing one glitch where my pursuer and I got stuck in a kill/death animation for an entire round of Corruption.
(Video can be found here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcsGVwbTCNI))

Awesome avatar, BTW.
<3 Scrubs.

I laughed far too much at your expense. I apologize. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

PlasticAssasin8
12-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Gotta agree, the lag has been bad lately

ABXantos
12-23-2011, 12:46 AM
You aren't the only one. my NAT drop down to orange after the patch and I have been running into pretty bad laggy games.

weeklydose
12-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Same here. Since the patch, I have people sliding all over the floor, teleporting around like a stop motion animation movie and walking on thin air several feet above the ground.

It hasn't been this bad for ACR since the game's release. It cannot be a coincidence that all this nonsense started happening after the patch.

It's Brotherhood all over again.

ABXantos
12-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Hide your targets and hide your artifacts it seems we have a fail patch on the loose in the AC Universe.

XxKillaChaosxX
12-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Games been playing just fine for me post patch. I'm confused.

Drakuaza
12-23-2011, 02:58 AM
The game is fine for me, smoke even works MORE than it used to, it used to work 1 out of 3, now 2 out of 3.

deadly_thought
12-23-2011, 03:11 AM
my smoke bombs are pretty much useless now wish i still had recorded myself popping smoke and my persuer running through it turning around and running back into to stun me and yeah lag is worse and whispers are sometimes turned off

the patch was a waste of data

RobyR
12-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Yesterday I raged so much..and now my wall needs to be repaired. So yes, it's gotten worse.

fostersAccount
12-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Correlation doesn't equal causation.. could be that the patch encouraged more people to start going online and playing more and now their servers can't handle the traffic.

Mr_Shade
12-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to see so many of you are having issues after the patch.

Please make sure that you all alert Support to that fact - they need to know that systems which were fine, may now be playing up.

you can contact them via the links below, but please remember that support may take longer to reply due to the Christmas period.

lRushdown
12-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
Game's been playing just fine for me post patch. I'm confused.

This.

Also I notice that it's still the same people who are constantly having these issues. It has to be your connection or location or something. Pretty sure that there's nothing actually wrong with Smoke Bomb, it's inconsistent for you like anything else would be because you are getting terrible connections with severe lag for some reason.

weeklydose
12-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by lRushdown:
Also I notice that it's still the same people who are constantly having these issues. It has to be your connection or location or something.
Most of these people do report things were just fine before the patch, so that argument is out the window for the most part.

Maybe people with certain connenction or location issues have become more vulnerable to lag... but then there's still the question: why is it happening after the patch?

RobyR
12-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by CitizenWar:
Smoke has a different effect every game for me lately. I think that it is just the game matching us up with people in Europe and such. Recent players are a mix of Germany, Brazil, Spain, US, and Australia.

Server went down at the end of a game tonight as well, not back up yet.
Exactly..I'm european and 90% of the time I'm playing with americans.

Dellers
12-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I've been struggling since yesterday evening. Can't kill, can't stun, smoke doesn't work, mute doesn't work (I messed up the timing maybe 1/10 times until yesterday evening, after that mute hasn't worked ONCE in a hundred tries). Nothing. I just end up getting killed in each and every situation, regardless of my timing. It feels worse than Modern Warfare 3 atm, and the lag is clearly from one second and up to dunno how many seconds. I just can't seem to do anything. PC player btw, mainly play assassinate.
Game is unplayable atm. Some players don't even show up on the map, not ever. I've met them several times before, they're all level 0, and they're clearly cheating. Is there no way to deal with cheaters in this game, like reporting or a working ban function?

TheMute88ORL
12-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I barely ever have any lag problems I see on this forum. Sure my Mute can fail and so can my SB but I rarely see a player bouncing from one end of a map to the next. My NAT type has never changed. I've never even seen low activity unless I was looking for a simple DM game.

Skuldpt
12-23-2011, 11:39 AM
I think it's not the patch, but Christmas Holidays, tons of people playing from all around the world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Indeed it can be the patch, I usually don't have lag issues, but now it's a bit laggy

TheMute88ORL
12-23-2011, 11:42 AM
You have a good point. This weekend and on for awhile it will probaly lag even for someone like me who doesn't see as much lag in the game as I see here.

Skuldpt
12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by TheMute88ORL:
You have a good point. This weekend and on for awhile it will probaly lag even for someone like me who doesn't see as much lag in the game as I see here.

And how closest to XMAS it will get worst :S

DannyStrong
12-23-2011, 12:31 PM
smoke works for me, but it seems like the timing has just been altered so you cant just rush into a blend group and drop a smoke and get easy kills, the longer activation time means you can't drop the smoke at the last second and win all encounters.. I kind of like that.. I've actually been noticing this change ever since the new characaters came out on the xbox though.. it didn't start after the patch.

though at the same time. mute seems to need a longer lead in time, like the same as smoke, which seems silly because the advantage of mute is that you need less lead time but it has a long reload time and can't be used in as many situations.

Eldest219
12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I know it's not my connection because my NAT has always been green; it has never fell below that. Unless that NAT display is full of crap and only serves the purpose of making you think you have a good connection, I'm sure that isn't the problem.

I have never complained about lag. Yeah, lag has always been there, but it was manageable. Now, however, the lag is actually interfering with my gameplay and inducing rage. I love AC, I don't want to scream while playing it. That's why I quit playing CoD.

I suppose it is plausible that a bunch of new players could be on the servers causing more stress. However, I've been playing Assassinate and 8/10 people I've played against have been level 40+. But, again, it is plausible.

I'm an Assassin's Creed veteran. I know how things work and I know when things shouldn't happen. All of this crap that is happening isn't normal; it's under the influence of lag. Any AC veteran can tell when there's lag and when there's severe lag. What's going on now is severe lag.

Hell, I can tell a game is laggy just by trying to scale a wall; it's more sluggish and time-consuming when it's a laggy game.

Dellers
12-23-2011, 01:11 PM
It's become Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.1. In that game they actually trick people into thinking the connection is good, even though it sucks. That's without taking the lag compensation in that game into account. I'm usually rage quitting 9/10 games in both MW3 and AC:R these days, the lag in both is out of this world madness. When nothing works, it's just hopeless. It's ****ing me off, because the previous games in BOTH series were without these problems!

Eldest219
12-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah, seriously.

I don't understand why, but companies nowadays like to fix things that aren't broken and leave the things that are. I really don't understand.

Npetz24
12-23-2011, 03:17 PM
NO!Lag is worse!! They walk,run,skip,or whatever they F'n do! but they go threw smoke with ease!! Mute is worse! Servers going down more and more!! They have ruined any hope for a future AC multiplayer game. Im glad its not just me! but it was actually fine until they started messing with it again!! GET A DAMN CLUE!! Stop wreaking the game!!

CerealAssassin
12-23-2011, 03:35 PM
i havent really noticed any difference from the patch.

but what annoys me is im from UK and im always matched up with people from the US.. hardly ever other europeans..

TheBullWillWin
12-23-2011, 06:32 PM
You guys know this is on individual connections and not on a server??!

Eldest219
12-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by TheBullWillWin:

I do know that it should stop connecting me to foreign hosts.

Npetz24
12-23-2011, 08:19 PM
@ Bull, so when I try to play and it says.....UBI SERVERS NOT AVAILABLE means my connection is bad??? or when I check my friends list whos always playing it to is on stand by cuz its down for them too? 400,000 Bad connections guys! and this whole time I thought it was the servers!! whoa thanks man!

TheBullWillWin
12-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Eldest219:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheBullWillWin:

I do know that it should stop connecting me to foreign hosts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that my friend does blow. I can't stand people from Europe. They talk funny lol.

TheBullWillWin
12-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Npetz24:
@ Bull, so when I try to play and it says.....UBI SERVERS NOT AVAILABLE means my connection is bad??? or when I check my friends list whos always playing it to is on stand by cuz its down for them too? 400,000 Bad connections guys! and this whole time I thought it was the servers!! whoa thanks man!

Well idk how many gerbils you got running ur connection but I got 20!! But I was talking about the lag.

Ripe Claw
12-23-2011, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eldest219:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheBullWillWin:

I do know that it should stop connecting me to foreign hosts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that my friend does blow. I can't stand people from Europe. They talk funny lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone should talk Normal.....Like Me...

TheBullWillWin
12-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eldest219:

Now that my friend does blow. I can't stand people from Europe. They talk funny lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone should talk Normal.....Like Me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all know u smoke 4 packs of non filter cigarettes a day to sound like that!! DUH!!

TheBullWillWin
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Npetz24:

I always see your name and instantly think "oooo look neo petz commented on my reply!!!"

TheBullWillWin
12-23-2011, 08:35 PM
@ NeoPetz

Why aren't u my friend anymore!!!!!:-(

Ripe Claw
12-23-2011, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:

Everyone should talk Normal.....Like Me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all know u smoke 4 packs of non filter cigarettes a day to sound like that!! DUH!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HJAHHA

Kogia
12-24-2011, 03:41 AM
I know I'll get lag, I'm a Brit abroad, I'm registered as a UK PSN player but currently live out in a rural part of Hong Kong, with a not great connection, so I accept my connection won't be great. But it was never this bad with AC:B, although I did still get teleporting, I now get disconects all over the place.

Strangely I also never seem to play with other Eu players, the voices I hear are always from southern USA states. I'm obviously connecting throuhg some server in one of the Carolinas.

Npetz24
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
@ Bull, lol most of the BMRS was in a dispute with J2H so that whole drama with playing and whos better just came to nobody liking anyone.

Im still friends with a few of em and never had a prob in the first place.

Im WLP now and not sure if we are still aligned or not?? Doesnt really matter cuz Clans in general have seemed non-exsistant ever since ACR came! ACB was very strong with clans and who the best was. Its a shame cuz that was just another thing to play ACB for so long. ACR is Dying fast and some might disagree! But, how can they when there is HARDLY anyone on anymore?? ACB my list was ALWAYS full. ACR....3 4 maybe 5 max a night!! Nobody likes the broke system and the way its set up. But oh well.

Eldest219
12-24-2011, 10:36 PM
I've about had it...

It's getting worse day by day.

deadly_thought
12-25-2011, 08:05 AM
its off the charts tonight as well players running up steps and then keep runnning into the sky teleporting players smoke bombs deployed and people running right through them to steal my kills

my screen shows a stun animation then suddenly im dead its a bit much to deal with especially with everything else this game throws at you i agree its dying fast i rarely play people i havnt played before and its harder each day to find a full lobby

not that im too miffed ubi f'd up at a time when there are other incredible games to play so i have options and i find myself using them alot

papartusedmcrsk
12-25-2011, 10:52 AM
It played fine for me pre patch. Still plays fine post patch.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Maybe I'm the guy lagging through smokebombs and teleporting on peoples compasses and just don't know it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif