PDA

View Full Version : full mission builter problems

argnan
03-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I made a tiny "attack ships" mission just to see how that that works and i realised that i kept shooting the ships with torpedos (unlimited Ammo) and they wouldn't sink!!!!! What went wrong about that?????

x6BL_Brando
03-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Do you have invulnerability in your settings? It may be that this makes ships invulnerable as well.

Chuck_Older
03-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Might have more help in the "mission builders" forum

Personally, I'm not sure what the problem is, I don't make many Naval missions

christopher65
03-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Carriers can take quite a few torpedos,ive seen it take 8!! Keep on trying.Took me a long time to master the fmb.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RxMan
03-06-2005, 04:58 PM
I've been told, with PF, stationary ships are almost invulnerable. Try regular ships with waypoints and use the He-111, it carries 2 torps at a time. It still ain't easy.

Latico
03-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I built acoop mission with Avengers leading the attack on 2 DD's and a IJN CV. The 4 TB's (I had to set it up as 2 pairs) made hits on the CV, causing it to coast to a stop, dead in the water and unable to recover planes. I had a flight of SBD's that came in to finish off the CV with dive bombings. A single 1000 pound bomb sent the CV to the bottom.

I think it makes a difference also in where you hit the ship with torps. Hits on the bow or stern don't seem to effect as much damage as hits to midship. I've seen the same thing with bombing.

JR_Greenhorn
03-07-2005, 12:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argnan:
...i kept shooting the ships... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I find that it's usually best not to actually fly while testing FMB missions. Don't check the Player box until you get the mission to run right with only AI pilots. Your missions will go better if you troubleshoot/test them this way.

For instance, if you are having trouble sinking a CV, have a very large number of AI planes torpedo it. Once you have success, reduce the number of planes until sometimes they sink it, and sometimes they don't. Then, when you play the mission yourself, it will make a difference how you do flying as part of the attacking group.

Skarphol
03-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Hi!

Stationary japanese destroyers goes down with only one hit by torpedo. I beleive the moving one's too. Online, me and ST_Zlatsman spent 16 torpedoes to sink a US carrier. So it depends very much on type of ship you attack.

Skarphol

plumps_
03-07-2005, 07:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RxMan:
I've been told, with PF, stationary ships are almost invulnerable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Who told you this BS? Don't listen to that person.

RxMan
03-07-2005, 07:34 AM
I knew later I should have edited to say the med-large warships. As I know the smaller ships and the cargo ships can be sunk as I've done so myself. "Almost invulnerable", doesn't mean unsinkable, just unreasonably hard to do so, esp in coop. mission where you cannot refly with more ordinance. The AI (moving) ships seem more vulnerable to attack. And it is not BS, it's someone's honest opinion, they waved me off of attacking a harbor with stationary ships, and told me to attack the ships that were already out to sea, moving.

plumps_
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
It may be an honest opinion of somebody who has no clue. I've never noticed a difference between DM of stationary and moving ships. There have been done various tests with small ships as well as big ones and the result is both stationary and moving ships have the same damage model.

Maybe that person was referring to the ghost ship bug. I. e. when in a dogfight the player dies before his torpedo sinks the ship the ship will remain visible to all other players but they won't be able to destroy it.