PDA

View Full Version : ATI and nVidia is teh crap...

Zayets
08-18-2003, 02:28 PM
To whom it may concern,
I have seen , in many web sites and here on this very forum , that two video cards worthless pieces of crap ... errrr , silicon , that is.
I am refering here to nVidia and ATI cards. One need so many tweaks to make an nVidia to perform as per specs whereas one need lotta knowledge to install the right drivers for ATI. My research are based on eatmehardforum , stfuboard.ms , justtry and many more sites highly specialized in hardcore ... errrr , hardware testing.
Only one conclusion came after intensive testing , none of ATI either nVidia are bestbuy cards. The latest testings confirmed that they are merely equal on money/performance factor , but they are far by being the best cards in the whole world. I don't care what reviews are presented here on this forum , because they are wrong and I'm right , mind you , after tons of research(you obviously aren't listening to the ati and nvidia users that love their cards).So , I come across the conclusion that S3 Virge cards are the best. They simply refuse to play a game if it contains bugs.Like huge maps , infinite computation to accurately pinpoint a bullet in midair , wrong FM (for those playing flightsims) and so on. Don't be fooled by the 8MB VRAM chip! Is more than enough! Game makers are building so huge games these days that our machine can't just keep the pace. I have suggested to both nVidia and ATI , to make the VRAM like it is on our mobo's , replaceable and upgradable. The answer I have received was that they are taking into their requests database my plea. So! for about 5 euros , S3 Virge 8MB VRAM is the bestbuy. Eh? nVidia and ATI lovers , how's this?

Zayets out

Zayets
08-18-2003, 02:28 PM
To whom it may concern,
I have seen , in many web sites and here on this very forum , that two video cards worthless pieces of crap ... errrr , silicon , that is.
I am refering here to nVidia and ATI cards. One need so many tweaks to make an nVidia to perform as per specs whereas one need lotta knowledge to install the right drivers for ATI. My research are based on eatmehardforum , stfuboard.ms , justtry and many more sites highly specialized in hardcore ... errrr , hardware testing.
Only one conclusion came after intensive testing , none of ATI either nVidia are bestbuy cards. The latest testings confirmed that they are merely equal on money/performance factor , but they are far by being the best cards in the whole world. I don't care what reviews are presented here on this forum , because they are wrong and I'm right , mind you , after tons of research(you obviously aren't listening to the ati and nvidia users that love their cards).So , I come across the conclusion that S3 Virge cards are the best. They simply refuse to play a game if it contains bugs.Like huge maps , infinite computation to accurately pinpoint a bullet in midair , wrong FM (for those playing flightsims) and so on. Don't be fooled by the 8MB VRAM chip! Is more than enough! Game makers are building so huge games these days that our machine can't just keep the pace. I have suggested to both nVidia and ATI , to make the VRAM like it is on our mobo's , replaceable and upgradable. The answer I have received was that they are taking into their requests database my plea. So! for about 5 euros , S3 Virge 8MB VRAM is the bestbuy. Eh? nVidia and ATI lovers , how's this?

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:30 PM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.cherokee.org/Culture/images/proctorZeke.jpg
"My ancestors didn't come over in the Mayflower--they met the boat."

http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612345111

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Wonder how long this thread will last?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Zayets
08-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Oh , but it will! Here I'm presenting accurate , non-biased data! Is just to warn ppl going for expensive piece of hardware that their money are not so well spent. That was it.

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:35 PM
when will people realize they arent funny, and are wasting forum space?
mods should start deleting threds like this, not just locking them.

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Just a run off from the other thread, but i think you have it backwards the ATI needs the tweaking. I have them both and have no troubles with Nvidia. The ATI is also fine after you fix everything that needs to be done to get it to run right. As for which is better neither they are about the same, if you want less headaches go with Nvidia.

Otherwise get what you can afford and let it rest.
This is based on the 4600 and the 9500 cards.

May you not become a dirt torpedo.

P.S.
I recall back in the day when folks first asked what would be needed to run FB, and Oleg had stated which system he was testing on and that they would be using Nvidia cards. In short that was a big ole hint which card to get, so as i said before in the other thread thats why so many posts about ATI cards not working right. You wanted the card you didn't listen now fix it or wait fot the card folks to do it.

Olegs reason to this was there are to many cards out there and they can only make the game, it would be up to the card folks to resolve the issuses afterwards.

These posts remind me of folks using the voodoo cards that are long since dead and wonder why they don't work.

PlatinumDragon...

Zayets
08-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Davinci.. wrote (somehow annoyed):
- when will people realize they arent funny, and are
- wasting forum space?
- mods should start deleting threds like this, not
- just locking them.
-
-

why people tend to become so anal sometimes ? Especially when there are threads with tons of pages swearing at certains things and praising other things without being locked.

I didn't even thought that this thread will survive for a minute. But is also true that I've thought that threads like nvidia is teh crap and ati is teh crap won't survive a second.

Zayets asks Davinci (like nothing happened , and with a very innocent face):
What videocard do you own?

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:47 PM
It is bl@@dy funny though Zayets.

Well worth the few kilobytes of space it's going to take on the server!

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:51 PM
I think this is kind of funny. This is a general discussion forum so you should be able to generally discuss things http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Am I the only one who are really tired of all this whining about different flight models being over/under modelled when it doesnâ´t really matter when you play the game. Just pick the plane you like godamnit. There are 100:s of these posts so it can be nice for a bit of fresh air sometimes.

Also what have you against the Matrox Parahelia? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zayets
08-18-2003, 03:05 PM
oeqvist wrote:

- Also what have you against the Matrox Parahelia? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

See? See? I was about to test Parhelia for a moment but no-one whined about her. So , I thought it won't worth the effort./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Duh...

This is BS.
The BEST card is an ISA Trident VGA with 256Kb of onboard RAM.

Throw out your cheesey Cirrus Logic xx3x and get a
Trident VGA !

NOW !!!!!!!!!

Zayets
08-18-2003, 03:51 PM
FPS_Stierlitz wrote:
- Duh...
-
-
- This is BS.
- The BEST card is an ISA Trident VGA with 256Kb of
- onboard RAM.
-
- Throw out your cheesey Cirrus Logic xx3x and get a
- Trident VGA !
-
-
- NOW !!!!!!!!!
-
-

I am really sorry but didn't tested that one. Could you please test this card and post your results here?

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 05:20 PM
LOL...

(moment of silence in memory of the S3 chipset)

It was with great sadness that I changed over to WinXP, for it spelled the end of my mighty Voodoo Banshee card, which I used right up until last year for Glide dependant games.

What a workhorse...over ten years old and never a hiccup....

(btw, never had a problem with either NVidia or ATI cards - my 9700pro is everything I wanted and more...)

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 05:27 PM
Man I thought I was king with my twin Voodoo 2's with 12MB each way back when.......

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (44.03)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home