PDA

View Full Version : Track to .avi?

AJRobson
12-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I want to be able to burn tracks into DVDs (or video CDR's).

How can one record a track into some other format, such as .avi or mpeg2 or mpeg3??

It looks like if I buy a Dazzle Video Creator 80 (for only $69 US) I can take the S-vid output from my graphics card and then record directly into my mini DV camera (thus digital). Then record back into the PC via Firewire port.

Is there anyway to do this directly on the PC?

Thanks

AJ

AJRobson
12-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I want to be able to burn tracks into DVDs (or video CDR's).

How can one record a track into some other format, such as .avi or mpeg2 or mpeg3??

It looks like if I buy a Dazzle Video Creator 80 (for only $69 US) I can take the S-vid output from my graphics card and then record directly into my mini DV camera (thus digital). Then record back into the PC via Firewire port.

Is there anyway to do this directly on the PC?

Thanks

AJ

AusDerReihe
12-30-2003, 07:55 AM
FRAPS can be used for this. you can dowload a free version from mudmovers with a limit of 15 sec. (i think) for each AVI file you make. if you pay for it you won't be limited.

foun at mudmovers in 'essential files'

AusDerReihe

http://www.cetanu.net/pix/enter.gif
Harry Klein doing what he did best, staying in the background keeping his mouth shut...

BaldieJr
12-30-2003, 12:58 PM
You shouldn't need the Dazzle thingy if you can pull video off your camcorder via firewire.

Fraps will work, but it kinda slows things down. If you can capture using your dv recorder, do it that way.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| (_/ ( / ,' NR / |
| ..-""``"'-._ (__/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

AJRobson
12-30-2003, 01:08 PM
The problem is I can't get the video from the PC to the camcorder in the first place. Vid card has only monitor outputs and s-vid output.

Cajun76
12-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Does your TV have S-vid input and RCA output?http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
VCR and DVD player might work to, but if you sent the signal to your TV also, it's better to have the signal go through as few wires as possible.

Btw, Baldie, I like the new sig.

Good hunting,
Cajun76

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Meanwhile, in the 20th century:

BOOM! Yeah, Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my T-Bolt!! It's has 8 .50cals and 2000lbs+ worth of bombs and rockets. Republic's top of the line. You can find this in the Kick A$$ department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Farmingdale, Long Island and Evansville, Indiana. Retails for about $82,997.95. It's got a turbo-supercharger, all metal control surfaces with blunt nosed ailerons, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop Republic. YOU GOT THAT!? Now I swear, the next one of you primates, E-ven TOUCHES me..... - Anonymous http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AusDerReihe
12-30-2003, 04:58 PM
S-vid &lt;--&gt; RCA (composite) conversion plugs do exist, if i understand your problem correctly...

AusDerReihe

http://www.cetanu.net/pix/enter.gif
Harry Klein doing what he did best, staying in the background keeping his mouth shut...

AJRobson
12-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Aha. Good idea.

Cajun76
12-31-2003, 04:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AJRobson:
Aha. Good idea.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious.... which one? Additionally (just thinking my way through this) if you use the audio line out of your PC to your TV and camcorder/VCR/DVD, you should be able to record synchronized sound. Good luck, and

Good hunting,
Cajun76

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Meanwhile, in the 20th century:

BOOM! Yeah, Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my T-Bolt!! It's has 8 .50cals and 2000lbs+ worth of bombs and rockets. Republic's top of the line. You can find this in the Kick A$$ department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Farmingdale, Long Island and Evansville, Indiana. Retails for about $82,997.95. It's got a turbo-supercharger, all metal control surfaces with blunt nosed ailerons, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop Republic. YOU GOT THAT!? Now I swear, the next one of you primates, E-ven TOUCHES me..... - Anonymous http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AJRobson
12-31-2003, 06:56 AM
What "which one"? The idea?

I think I will try to get a converter for the S-vid output from video card to feed into my mini DV camcarder.

Of course, this all seems kinda silly. Just what would be the point in creating movies of myself getting shot down?