PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of questions about IUB 1.3

Urdhuk
04-08-2006, 10:08 PM
JonZ,

I am still exploring the enhanced options offered by this mod, and I have a question about the Schnarhorst cruiser. I saw its picture on the recognition manual and it lacks any of the lines that pictures of other ships have.

Is it a corrupted file or should not worry about it? (Anyway, I am going to try your enhanced recognition manual)

The other issue is about the moon or its absence, to put it in a straight way.

I look at the nocturnal sky and I can not see it.

Does your mod feature any sort of moon phases?

Appart from that, your mod is more than i have expected. I did my first inmersion and I felt scared indeed! That is what a call realism.

Schiffmorder
04-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I cant recall Jonz posting here, try Subsim.com forums... I used IuB before changing to GW last week, the moon should be there when its supposed to be. Dont know about the Scharnhorst.

Blue_Ninja63
04-09-2006, 07:33 AM
I'm testing out IUB103 at the moment and found the same problem with the sun and moon missing in regular mode, however, I enabled the 8km visibility option and all problems relating to weather, sky, sun, and moon become fixed.

charlie_211
04-09-2006, 09:28 AM
this is a bug that was introduced in the patch for IUB jonz has pointed this out allready on these forums and is makeing a patch the sort it out.
but the temp fix is to install the patch without the env folder,not 100% sure about what the prob is but its on these forums .broken fog in iub thread.

Blue_Ninja63
04-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the help. Any idea on when the fix will be ready?

Regards,

DarkOmen13
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Ah, so your sun an moon etc dissapeared as well.
I was actually gunna ask you about that. I sorted it out in the same way as you .

D.

Blue_Ninja63
04-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't mind using 8km visibility as it's more realistic I think, since a U-boat's conning tower is only a couple of meters above the sea you wouldn't have an extended visual range.

Just my thought is all.

JonZ
04-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Hello,

You can manually install this temporary fix I made
http://files.filefront.com/IuB_103_16Km_fixzip/;4937559;;/fileinfo.html

In brief, it basicaly the same files of the Env folder that came originally with IuB 1.03.

I was planning to release the fix along with IuB 1.04 but delayed because of the lack of times I have lately (and taking some life time back after JIRM).

Regards

Blue_Ninja63
04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks so much JonZ. Much appreciated.

Good luck with your continued work.

Regards,