PDA

View Full Version : Game finally released! - How were your first few multiplayer matches?

hayoye111
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
In this thread, tell the community of your first few multiplayer matches. Have you dominated the battlefield, being a veteran of the Assassin's Creed games, or were you crushed by the opposition? Have you experienced any sweet moment of revenge? Were you able to get the "untouchable" endgame bonus? If you were in the beta, did it help you get an edge on your enemies? Be it real or not, tell us your story as an Abstergo agent.

I've only played two matches so far, but glorious they were indeed!

My first match, I've finished 1st with 4000 points, with a 500 points lead. I don't remember the name of the map, but it's the one with lots of high building and one big courtyard. I was pretty nervous, with it being my first game, but I remained composed. I soon discovered that mobility, finesse and predicting your target's path are key to getting lots of points. Mobility to prevent your pursuers from catching up to you (very important if you are in the first place), finesse for navigating the environment with ease (and knowing when to walk, climb and run) and finally, predicting your target's path will allow you to determine when, where and how to kill your target, resulting in a maximum of points. Anyways, after a couple of silent/incognito assassinations, I was forced to start using hit-and-run tactics because I was in first place. What I had to do is keep running, try to kill my target, quietly if possible, and then retreat through chase-breakers gates or lift. Rince and repeat. Once you're first, you get most of your points by escaping with style. I think I got two double-escape bonus that match. My most awe-inducing kill was when I was perched on the top of a building, and way able to kill my target incognito just a fraction of a second before he went under an obstacle. He was RUNNING! Time elapsed between spotting my target and killing him? 2 seconds.

My second match was even more glorious. I don't remember exactly what was my score, but I got 7000 XP at the end of the game. I was a little bit more cautious this time around, especially when I got first after, again, I got a couple of silent/incognito assassinations. It was in the marketplace, in Rome I think, and the bigger map allowed for a little more freedom in my tactics. Once, I was pursued by two other players. As soon as I turned the corner, I activated my disguise. One player got lost for some reason, the other was stalled, as I took the precaution of getting in a conversation with one of my look-alike. I was able to stun him. For the rest of the match, it was pretty much getting away from my hunters. Funny fact: so far, I never got once killed if my attacker was exposed. I just jump on a lift and then make a leap of faith in a haystack. Works every time. My most awe-inducing moment that round was when I was able to escape 3 pursuits in a row, that was awesome. Oh, and for both matches, I used the doctor. There's nothing more satisfying that stabbing your prey in the eye with a syringe.

That's my story. What's yours?

Lord_Revan_X
11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I did pretty well my first few matches. usually I was getting 1st or 2nd, there was one i placed 7th unfortunately but hey whatever. I love playing the Harlequin character though.

G0DFATHER06
11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
My first match I was in 5th..I had to get used to the controls...My second and third, I finished first both times...

What is your favorite skin to play with..
Mine is the Barber

hayoye111
11-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, I've got to admit I played the beta, so that might have helped.

omghavox
11-16-2010, 05:59 PM
well my 1st match i finished 5th,then after that i get a bad game here and there,but usually 4th or higher. Them morph crowds rack up the points! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

mayorwest
11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by hayoye111:
Well, I've got to admit I played the beta, so that might have helped.
This^

Yeah, I've had some pretty awesome matches so far. On the Venice Map, I had this guy who was just running all over. I just sat there, blended with my group of NPC's. Just as I'm about to break from my group to go find him, he comes running down the stairs being pursued by another player and he runs straight into my blade. BAM! DEAD! I could tell by the cursing on the other end of the headset that he wasn't too happy about that. I bet his other pursuer wasn't all that pleased either, seeing as they chased their prey all that way, just to watch me poach their target

I can't wait to see what shenanigans I get into tonight!

DeafAtheist
11-16-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm LOVING Wanted. I haven't played anything else yet tho because it was taking too long to get into a game. Most games I'm ranking within the top 3 but I came in 6-8th a couple of times due to being constantly killed by runners and rooftop dwellers who just camp on rooftops and wait for you to walk under them then they kill you with an aerial kill. I try to stay off rooftops unless I'm being pursued or my target is up there.

Having problems joining friends games tho... every time I get an invite or try to join others thru the "Join Friends" part of the menu I "unreachable".

eziotheitalian
11-16-2010, 07:48 PM
i've played 5 matches, the first i came in second the next four first. only one round had a problem with runners, averaging about 3100 pts a match, LOVING THIS GAME!

Favorite is prowler, then harlequin, then doctor, although i can't seem to get any ranked matches to go, i get stuck waiting for like 10 mins

super00141
11-16-2010, 07:55 PM
i preordered from gamestop and didnt get the harlequin how do i get code?

eziotheitalian
11-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by super00141:
i preordered from gamestop and didnt get the harlequin how do i get code?
i preordered there as well and the guy behind the counter handed me the code seperate from the game

super00141
11-16-2010, 08:04 PM
i got it shipped to my house

E-Zekiel
11-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Manhunt is amazing. Love that mode. It's my favorite, and I really shine in these matches.

Wanted is pretty fun too.

Alliance is meh...it will do for when I can't get other matches http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Was very silly to make a whole mode unlockable though.

ThiefShao
11-16-2010, 09:07 PM
it was very fun, but its annoying when people just go on the roof and run around... I guess its easier when you have a gun and decent accuracy though.

I did not realize there were new game modes? When did they add those? Today? Or are those level specific?

I got to level 15, played till like 7am.. was nice fun

E-Zekiel
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Gun is nigh useless as it rewards minimal points. About the only good time to use it is if you happen to be in a chase and you want to guarantee the kill.

ChunkyRonRon
11-16-2010, 10:15 PM
you guys sound like you're having so much fun. When I can get on, I might be able to "beast the opposition"

Rainie
11-17-2010, 11:16 AM
I have missed this game, when the beta ended I was sad lol. I played mp for a couple hours last night and had a blast. It was hard playing without the perks I was used to in the beta but that's been fixed now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif I love the new maps, though I have to get used to them so I know where to escape lol. My first match I ended up 4th but I was on a map I was unfamiliar with lol after that ended up at least in the top 3 in my matches. Gotta get back to those first few pages of the leaderboards!

hayoye111
11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I was on fire when the game was released. Now I average 2-4th place, with me being at the top from time to time, usually every 4 or 5 matches. Side note: the smoke bombs can do miracles when you're escaping. I even like to let my hunters get close to me on purpose and then stun them after I throw a smoke. Of course, it only works 2/3 of the time, since they are often able to kill me anyways. Still, what I would pay to see the look on their faces.

hayoye111
11-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Level 36 now. The new abilities are AWESOME!

Nadool
11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I snuck out of work on my lunchbreak to play a game of MP. I had been going nuts since they shut down the beta. Popped it in, started a Wanted game, finished first with like 4 or 5000 points and got to level 3 almost 4 in that one game. Happily went back to work knowing that I still owned everyone like I did in the beta. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TheMcBeanie
11-22-2010, 05:57 PM
My ONLY multiplayer match I was doing really awesome when the multiplayer lagged REALLY bad and my Xbox froze. haven't found another game since.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
First match, came third.
Second, came second.
Third, came first.

First two were wanted, 3rd was Manhunt.

Next match after that was Manhunt again and my team got slaughtered (runners on defensive team... not kidding... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif )

stealth995
11-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I went the first five days without frustration, then it began to kick in, and now its gone. I still love this game and not to brag i have gotten pretty good at it =)

My favorite kill so far was on my friend he knew i was after him, so he turned the corner and sat on a bench, out of my sight. I went around the building, and came out disguised to sit on the bench next to him. Got my focus bonus and killed him =).

highest score in game was 12,000 XP
Most points in a kill--
Focus+150
Incognito+300
Poison(slow)+300
kill+100
+hidden or blend
x2 Score(lol)

Total= 1700 points =D

Ghoulishtie
11-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Since I played the beta back when my friend had it on his PS3 (unfair advantage over the newcomers...hehehe), it took me a game or 2 to get my sealegs...but after that.....

Between the levels of 1-12ish, it was the equivilent of me being a mass murderer with 2 giant axes, locked in a warehouse full of unarmed, helpless people..........

So yeah, it was fun! (before the roof*****s/runners came in, of course)