PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Webcam

Grimm-X67
04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Okay I'm not sure if this belongs here but I desperately need help. I've been like everywhere I even contacted Sony and they were totally useless. I need to know how to connect my Sony NSC-GS1 Cam as a webcam using the USB so I can use it in the ANIMUS Site.

Problem is When I do connect my camera and it's in Web Cam mode you only here the little sound that plays when you've connected something and then nothing else happens, it's not detected and I'm about to go Templar on this f-ing thing!

I know people have connected it and used it with the USB only, and I've re-installed the Driver's like 4 times and still nothing. Please help!!

Grimm-X67
04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Okay I'm not sure if this belongs here but I desperately need help. I've been like everywhere I even contacted Sony and they were totally useless. I need to know how to connect my Sony NSC-GS1 Cam as a webcam using the USB so I can use it in the ANIMUS Site.

Problem is When I do connect my camera and it's in Web Cam mode you only here the little sound that plays when you've connected something and then nothing else happens, it's not detected and I'm about to go Templar on this f-ing thing!

I know people have connected it and used it with the USB only, and I've re-installed the Driver's like 4 times and still nothing. Please help!!

bitebug2003
04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Wrong forum, but I'll leave it open for now.

Please use the Assassin's Creed Community Help and Advice (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4721051016) Forum next time.

BTOG46
04-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure if your camera webcam function works the same as mine does, but to get Windows to "see" mine, I have to go into the menu settings on the camera and select the webcam function.

Grimm-X67
04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Okay well first, thanks bitebug for leaving it open.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
I'm not sure if your camera webcam function works the same as mine does, but to get Windows to "see" mine, I have to go into the menu settings on the camera and select the webcam function. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes it does actually but the main problem is that my computer doesn't detect it in Web Cam mode.

caswallawn_2k7
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
when your on the animus site with a webcam enabled right click the flash animation go to options/prefrances and under the web cam tab make sure the site is allowed to use your webcam.

Grimm-X67
04-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the help guys but after a 3 day battle with Sony's customer support someone finally had the brains to ask me the right questions and give me the right answer.

For future reference if anyone is having problems with their Sony NSC-GC1 Net Sharing Cam pop in the CD that came with it, don't install anything just close the CD. Next right click on "My Computer" and click "Properties" then go to "Hardware" and to Device Manager. If there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the device simply uninstall it, and restart your computer. When your computer is done restarting connect your camera make sure USB Conenct is set to "Web Camera" and then it should have a new hardware wizard and use your CD for this wizard and it should be done installing. Hope this helps someone in the future.

spazzoo1025
04-11-2009, 07:19 AM
o.O that sounds mighty complicated!