PDA

View Full Version : Scoring system, ranking ?

Ilovepho
08-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Did anyone think about the scoring system and rankings like some games (Ninja Gaiden, Tenchu series )?

After completing a memmory blcok, you'll get scores and a rank (Grand Master Assassin, Master Assassin, Head Assassin, Greater Assassin, Lesser Assassin ...).

Having a scoring system would make players want to replay to improve their performance, that mean it would increase replayability also.

thekyle0
08-21-2009, 05:07 PM
There isn't memory blocks this time so that idea isn't likely to be included.

Ubi has put something in to encourage players to improve their performance. A difficulty system will be used that the player can set for each mission. It makes things more difficult by enforcing certain perameters that the player must not overstep. Things like, don't become exposed, or only kill the main target, and time limits are added as you choose higher levels.

Ilovepho
08-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh I didn't know that ACII won't have momory blocks like its predecessor.

But anyway,I still think that Ubisoft should consider to make a scoring and ranking system so that players around the world can compare their scores and see who ranks in the top 10 on Xbox Live or PSN. As a Ninja Gaiden fan I know that one of the main reason gamers play through it many times is that they want to increase their scores, they want to improve their ranking on XBL. You know, competition = huge replayability.

Account_Deleted
08-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Wait... No memmery blocks?
anyone has the link to that?

and about the scoring
just as Ilovepho (http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif it's nice isn't it) said
that would be great but i would also like to have like, the highest kill per missions, or least amount..
how long they took..
times ot chased..etc..

thekyle0
08-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

Almost evry interview Patrice says, "The whole mission system with the memory blocks and investigations, that's gone."

Danvish
08-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:

Almost evry interview Patrice says, "The whole mission system with the memory blocks and investigations, that's gone." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure that means the memory blocks are completly gone. Maybe what he ment is that no longer the investegations and missions will be a part of a single block. Maybe they expanded the blocks this time, cause if you think about it, you do jump in and out from the Animus, and the Animus does need to guide you through the memories (eitherwise no point of story line), so I do think you will still have blocks.

BTW, on topic, I think it's a good idea. Combined with the diffuclty system, it could be really nice.

Ezio28101943
08-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Technically, Ac1 had ranks, and it got more difficult as you went on. But If they changed it so that you could change difficulty (like in COD or something) that would be sorta kool. Maybe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Ilovepho
08-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ezio28101943:
Technically, Ac1 had ranks, and it got more difficult as you went on. But If they changed it so that you could change difficulty (like in COD or something) that would be sorta kool. Maybe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

If so, what are the ranks ?
Maybe it's getting harder toward the end but that doesn't mean it have ranks.