PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order/CE Code Questions - Looking for definitive answers

eugaet_x
01-29-2011, 12:14 PM
I've been digging through these forums for hours and asking Ubi employees on Twitter and can't get any answer that isn't prefaced with 'pretty sure' or 'maybe'. I'm trying to find out the answers to the following questions:

1) Are the pre-order/CE codes region locked?
2) Are the pre-order/CE codes console locked (PS3 codes only redeemable on PS3, 360 only on 360, cannot redeem PS3 codes on 360)? I should state that I've been told all codes are in-game codes and that I know that a 25-char 360 code can't be redeemed on a PS3.
3) If, in fact, all codes are redeemable in-game, that would mean the Trajan+Aqueduct code would only be accessible to my 360 GT? It would be account-specific, like the Uplay ACII Auditore Mausoleum, not the Sequence 12/13 DLC from the XB Marketplace?

Thanks,
eugaet

magesupermaster
01-29-2011, 12:28 PM
1)Yes.
2)Yes.
3)If I'm not mistaken, the codes are 'account specific'.

eugaet_x
01-29-2011, 01:21 PM
OK, well that'll make up my mind on one decision, then. Someone was offering to trade me their PS3 CE codes, but I have ACB on the 360. I've previously been told otherwise on the cross-platform question. I was hoping they'd work like the RDR pre-order/CE in-game codes (I know, different dev/pub, but still...).

^ Anyone want to chime in with a dissenting answer to question #2?

Another thing I was considering was trading in my standard ACB and buying the CE just to get access to Trajan+Aqueduct. I honestly don't care for the JITB, but I like art books...but again, I'm only interested in Trajan+Aqueduct.

So, is the content added by the Trajan+Aqueduct code on par with the Uplay ACII Auditore Mausoleum? It doesn't add a large chunk of storyline like Seq12/13 in ACII?

What it boils down to is that I hate feeling like I'm missing out on the full game/story. But if Trajan+Aqueduct only adds content on par w/ the ACII Mausoleum (extra money and backstory)...then I'll likely decide it's not worth burning the credit/cash to upgrade to the CE.

magesupermaster
01-29-2011, 01:40 PM
As I said, the codes are 'console locked' and can only be redeemed on the appropriate console.

The CE comes with a code that contains two maps and two multiplayer characters.

The two maps are Templar Lairs(Like the Templar Lairs from AC2).

eugaet_x
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
As I said, the codes are 'console locked' and can only be redeemed on the appropriate console. OK, I wasn't trying to be an arse, I've just been told both answers before with people on both sides stating it was the truth when I questioned them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If all it adds are Templar Lairs, I likely won't worry about upgrading then. It would cost $40 out-of-pocket to do so, and that's not worth 2 Templar maps.

Thanks!