PDA

View Full Version : Having real trouble torpedoing warships

delvanis
04-10-2005, 08:58 AM
I need help in hitting warships with my torpedoes. I get just under 1,000 m. I am directly in line with the broad side of the warship. So then I click on my "weapons officer" and have him identify the ship and then choose a solution and then "fire" the torpedo I have selected. The torpedo heads toward the warship, but misses the target altogether? What am I doing wrong. Please help. I love the game.

delvanis
04-10-2005, 08:58 AM
I need help in hitting warships with my torpedoes. I get just under 1,000 m. I am directly in line with the broad side of the warship. So then I click on my "weapons officer" and have him identify the ship and then choose a solution and then "fire" the torpedo I have selected. The torpedo heads toward the warship, but misses the target altogether? What am I doing wrong. Please help. I love the game.

alanschu
04-10-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm not too familiar with the manual aiming (didn't really like it), but I have heard that it is almost required that you open the tube door before getting the solution. The solution gets out of date rather quickly, so if you have to wait for your tubes to open after you get the solution, by the time you fire it, it is no longer valid.

quillan
04-10-2005, 09:22 AM
That is quite possibly it. If you don't open the doors first, it takes 3-5 seconds (seems longer when you're waiting than it really is) for the torpedo to fire. The TDC seems to use the point where you hit the button/gave the command as the final solution, so the ship has moved in the meantime. If the ship is moving quickly, you'll miss astern of the target.