PDA

View Full Version : Lucy's finger

spyro.cynder
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
In the intro vid of AC2 I noticed that Lucy had a missing finger,but when I played the game I saw that all of her fingers were intact, I know that she is also like an assassin or someting but when does/did she actually lose the finger?

ThaWhistle
07-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by spyro.cynder:
In the intro vid of AC2 I noticed that Lucy had a missing finger,but when I played the game I saw that all of her fingers were intact, I know that she is also like an assassin or someting but when does/did she actually lose the finger?

she just bends her finger to make it look like altairs hand to show she is on desmonds side. it makes more sense in ac1

kriegerdesgottes
07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
It really makes no sense. It's one of those things that the writers appear to have changed their minds on and made up a shaky story about how she was just folding her fingers. Couldn't any templar fold their fingers any time they wanted to? It's just one of those examples of bad writing that you try to block out of your mind.

spyro.cynder
07-06-2011, 03:46 PM
oh well I don't really trust her, don't you think she's a bit suspicious?

dchil279
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
It really makes no sense. It's one of those things that the writers appear to have changed their minds on and made up a shaky story about how she was just folding her fingers. Couldn't any templar fold their fingers any time they wanted to? It's just one of those examples of bad writing that you try to block out of your mind.
no, although there are examples of bad writing in the AC games, this is not one of them. Lucy has all of her fingers she just bends it as a way to quietly show desmond that she is an assassin.

Inorganic9_2
07-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Lucy has always had 5 fingers. The thing was, Desmond would recognise it because it was the way that the informers would greet Alta´r.

oOAltairOo
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Lucy has always had 5 fingers. The thing was, Desmond would recognise it because it was the way that the informers would greet Alta´r.

Just 5 fingers?
Oh ****, does she have one completely fingerless hand then? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

spyro.cynder
07-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I think that the informers are mocking Altair more than they are greeting him with the bent finger thing.

Inorganic9_2
07-06-2011, 04:50 PM
oOAltairOo, I shall ignore that :P

@spyro.cynder - where did that come from? So you're telling me the informer which worships the ground Alta´r walks on would mock him hmm? Besides, why would you mock someone of higher rank than you with that? "haha sergeant, you've got three chevrons unlike the one I have!"

kriegerdesgottes
07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
no, although there are examples of bad writing in the AC games, this is not one of them. Lucy has all of her fingers she just bends it as a way to quietly show desmond that she is an assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok here is the thing though, that makes no sense. Vidic could just as easily walk up and say hey look i'm bending my finger so it's cool for you to start trusting me. And if the writing had been good, Lucy would have shown Desmond the burn mark on her finger that every assassin gets when they join the guild. Instead they decided, since ezio now has two blades, they didn't want to have to cut off two of his fingers so they just said ohh..well Altair fixed that problem with the finger cutting and lucy was just folding her finger at the end. Clearly they had to make quick changes that didn't get explained well.

AlphaAltair
07-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Lucy has all 10 fingers throughout AC1 so it's not a mistake or a change in the story. She is clearly just folding it back, I don't think she'd last long at Abstergo if she was suspiciously missing a finger and that was the Assassins "mark".

Calvarok
07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
no, although there are examples of bad writing in the AC games, this is not one of them. Lucy has all of her fingers she just bends it as a way to quietly show desmond that she is an assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok here is the thing though, that makes no sense. Vidic could just as easily walk up and say hey look i'm bending my finger so it's cool for you to start trusting me. And if the writing had been good, Lucy would have shown Desmond the burn mark on her finger that every assassin gets when they join the guild. Instead they decided, since ezio now has two blades, they didn't want to have to cut off two of his fingers so they just said ohh..well Altair fixed that problem with the finger cutting and lucy was just folding her finger at the end. Clearly they had to make quick changes that didn't get explained well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, you think that Assassins still burn their fingers in modern times? Where did you get that info? It's not a mistake, and it is obviously visible that she has 10 fingers and bends it back. And the reason that we're supposed to trust her after that is that Desmond uses eagle vision immediately after and sees vidic in red, and Lucy in blue. So no, Vidic COULDN'T have just done that, because Desmond would have know he was lying.

kriegerdesgottes
07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm not making the argument that she wasn't folding her finger. Of course she was folding her finger. I'm saying that was not the plan from the beginning. How could you really think that is the case? and why wouldn't they take the burn mark on their fingers? What info do you have that says they don't?

Mic_92
07-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm not making the argument that she wasn't folding her finger. Of course she was folding her finger. I'm saying that was not the plan from the beginning. How could you really think that is the case? and why wouldn't they take the burn mark on their fingers? What info do you have that says they don't?

What info do you have proving that they do?

Chamboozer
07-06-2011, 07:23 PM

Because it would be completely retarted to burn a mark on her before sending her into the hands of the enemy as a spy. The assassins' aren't a club, they're a practical organization. In the 15th Century their existence wasn't gravely threatened, I'm sure they place a much higher value on the secrecy of their members' identities in modern times.

dchil279
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

Ok here is the thing though, that makes no sense. Vidic could just as easily walk up and say hey look i'm bending my finger so it's cool for you to start trusting me. And if the writing had been good, Lucy would have shown Desmond the burn mark on her finger that every assassin gets when they join the guild . Instead they decided, since ezio now has two blades, they didn't want to have to cut off two of his fingers so they just said ohh..well Altair fixed that problem with the finger cutting and lucy was just folding her finger at the end. Clearly they had to make quick changes that didn't get explained well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
that doesn't necessarily happen in the modern times anymore.

kriegerdesgottes
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
About as much that you do saying they don't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif lol.

Chamboozer
07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Extensive initiation ceremonies and marks identifying people as assassins are luxuries. It wouldn't make sense for them to bother with it when they're busy being annihilated by the Templars.

Calvarok
07-06-2011, 08:12 PM
About as much that you do saying they don't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif lol.
My point is that we have three instances of them not marking their fingers (Lucy, Shaun, and Rebbecca), and it makes sense for them not to do it since Templars control everything. So all the evidence points to them not doing it, and there is no evidence for them still doing it.

oOAltairOo
07-07-2011, 03:17 AM

Thats stupid. So you agree with us, but have somehow gotten the idea that the game designers changed their mind about how many fingers Lucy should have?
Do you work at Ubisoft?
Otherwise what do you base that theory on?

iN3krO
07-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:

Ok here is the thing though, that makes no sense. Vidic could just as easily walk up and say hey look i'm bending my finger so it's cool for you to start trusting me. And if the writing had been good, Lucy would have shown Desmond the burn mark on her finger that every assassin gets when they join the guild. Instead they decided, since ezio now has two blades, they didn't want to have to cut off two of his fingers so they just said ohh..well Altair fixed that problem with the finger cutting and lucy was just folding her finger at the end. Clearly they had to make quick changes that didn't get explained well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, you think that Assassins still burn their fingers in modern times? Where did you get that info? It's not a mistake, and it is obviously visible that she has 10 fingers and bends it back. And the reason that we're supposed to trust her after that is that Desmond uses eagle vision immediately after and sees vidic in red, and Lucy in blue. So no, Vidic COULDN'T have just done that, because Desmond would have know he was lying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eagle Vision doesn't know the truth, it's just a color representation of how do you feel that char is to you, if altair thinks al-muhalim is friend he sees al-muhalim in blue if desmond thinks lucy is friend he sees lucy in blue....

oOAltairOo
07-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Lol, you think that Assassins still burn their fingers in modern times? Where did you get that info? It's not a mistake, and it is obviously visible that she has 10 fingers and bends it back. And the reason that we're supposed to trust her after that is that Desmond uses eagle vision immediately after and sees vidic in red, and Lucy in blue. So no, Vidic COULDN'T have just done that, because Desmond would have know he was lying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eagle Vision doesn't know the truth, it's just a color representation of how do you feel that char is to you, if altair thinks al-muhalim is friend he sees al-muhalim in blue if desmond thinks lucy is friend he sees lucy in blue.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then what is the point of eagle vision?

I've always thought is reveals peoples true intentions...

dchil279
07-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Eagle Vision doesn't know the truth, it's just a color representation of how do you feel that char is to you, if altair thinks al-muhalim is friend he sees al-muhalim in blue if desmond thinks lucy is friend he sees lucy in blue.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
completely false, Eagle Vision is a lesser version of the 6th sense "knowledge". this means that it shows who is and who is not your enemy, not who you think is or is not.

swiftkinfe
07-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Wasn't the original idea of Eagle vision just the Assassins being to easily identify people?And the glows just was an Animus rep.

In other words friend or foe is simply elementary.And the Assassins with there training could know who was friend or enemy.

Al-Mualim glowed blue because of him being an Ally. Red when he was revealed as a traitor and attacking Altair.It showed prospective and at the time of blue there wasn't any doubt AL-Mualim was not an assassin.Remember it being just how they see friend and foe. Al-mualim ally blue in rep.

Same works for Lucy in a sense glowing blue with eagle vision.Desmond gains Altair's skill and can easily identify people so since lucy this whole time appeared friendly she was blue.He could also identify where the blood was to in the lab from 16.No obviously thrown out the window with Ac2 saying it's a genetic thing.But for Ac1 it explains it.

Darn paragraphs but back to answering this.
No burn marks-Completly visible and not good for an undercover assassin.Thats also the same reason why cutting the finger stopped as it was identifiable.Mod the hiddenblade and now no need to remove the finger.And your more stealthy.

twenty_glyphs
07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
Same works for Lucy in a sense glowing blue with eagle vision.Desmond gains Altair's skill and can easily identify people so since lucy this whole time appeared friendly she was blue.He could also identify where the blood was to in the lab from 16.No obviously thrown out the window with Ac2 saying it's a genetic thing.But for Ac1 it explains it.

What are you saying was thrown out the window in Assassin's Creed 2? I've heard some people saying that Desmond can see Subject 16's blood because they're related, but that's never mentioned in any of the games. It's never stated why Desmond can see that blood, only that he does. Desmond can also see some marks left by Ezio in the Villa (the tetractys, or triangles within larger triangle) and the marks left by someone (presumably Ezio) in the catacombs leading to Juno's temple at the end of Brotherhood. We don't know what was used to make those other marks, but it doesn't seem like blood. In The Da Vinci Disappearance, Ezio uses his eagle vision to see invisible ink written by Leonardo on his paintings. We know this is invisible ink because Salai specifically says Leonardo has been experimenting with invisible inks.

The only new thing said about Subject 16's blood drawings in AC2 is that they were clues pointing to those glyphs inside the Animus. Never is it stated that Desmond can only see the blood of his ancestors/relatives in eagle vision. For now, it just seems that Desmond can see whatever the writers of the story need him to see in eagle vision to serve the story, and I'm fine with that.

spyro.cynder
07-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Desmond also used eagle vision to unlock a door with a pin when Lucy's card didn't work.-just thought I would point that out.

Xanatos2007
07-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Oh Mithras, not again. I thought we'd seen the last of these threads. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

swiftkinfe
07-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Not the blood of his ancestors but where the blood was. The thing thrown out was the original idea of Eagle vision being a rep of the identification skills of the assassins which all of them presumably could use if it was just taught to them.Never the less Lucy is still an ally until Ubi says otherwise . Lets get back on topic.

Animuses
07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I find it funny that this is even topic.

Jexx21
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
To those saying that Eagle Vision doesn't see the true intentions of people just what you their intentions are, remember that Al Mualim and Altiar had a father-son relationship.

Al Mualim probably wanted Altiar to join the templars with him. He only changed him mind when he saw Altiar wanted to get rid of him and the apple.

Plus, how else will the eagle vision find your targets?

Oh, and yea, eagle vision was originally a program in the Animus that was a gameplay mechanic symbolizing the ways Assassin's recognize their targets easily, but that was changed late in the game with Desmond got the ability.

It's the same thing as viewpoints purposefully having haybales underneath them. It was programmed in by Lucy to aid Desmond while he was playing as Altiar. And yes, playing because he was using video game controls, same as the rest of us (bar PC-players like me who use the keyboard and mouse).

Inorganic9_2
07-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
Lucy has all 10 fingers throughout AC1 so it's not a mistake or a change in the story. She is clearly just folding it back, I don't think she'd last long at Abstergo if she was suspiciously missing a finger and that was the Assassins "mark".
^this
</thread>

Calvarok
07-08-2011, 12:13 PM
As others have said, Eagle Vision shows how a character thinks of you, not how you think of them.

I have no idea how we've made two pages out of this.

oOAltairOo
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
As others have said, Eagle Vision shows how a character thinks of you, not how you think of them.

I have no idea how we've made two pages out of this.

Exactly, otherwise it wouldn't be a new sense?

scope2005
07-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I dont know why its so hard to understand...

Lucy couldn't say out loud "oh desmond by the way im an undercover assassin", there were camera's watching and listening.

She makes a discreet hand gesture by bending one finger... Why is that hard for people to understand?

He figured at that point that the help he had been getting, the code for the door written in his bedroom wardrobe and all the emails that hinted at vidics pen must have been Lucy so why not trust her?

LaCava1
07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I honestly can't believe this topic is not banned forever. Even playing through AC1 the first time all those years ago, I understood the bent finger.

And Eagle Vision doesn't actually have the color to it, it only does in the Animus to show the user. The Assassins with the ability would just get a strong sense. When Desmond uses it, I don't think he really saw the red blood stains, he just had the perfect sense that they were there, and could "envision" them. You would just get the strong intention/feeling.

Jexx21
07-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:

And Eagle Vision doesn't actually have the color to it, it only does in the Animus to show the user. The Assassins with the ability would just get a strong sense. When Desmond uses it, I don't think he really saw the red blood stains, he just had the perfect sense that they were there, and could "envision" them. You would just get the strong intention/feeling.

Without a source no one is gonna take your seriously.

LaCava1
07-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:

Without a source no one is gonna take your seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was fairly sure that it said that in the first game, to help recognize the effect for people who didn't have it, and that it was just a part of the Animus program.
Maybe they decided to pitch that idea, and made it so it IS colored.

Jexx21
07-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:

I was fairly sure that it said that in the first game, to help recognize the effect for people who didn't have it, and that it was just a part of the Animus program.
Maybe they decided to pitch that idea, and made it so it IS colored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was personally fairly sure that Eagle Vision as a whole was supposed to be an Animus Program initially.

LaCava1
07-10-2011, 07:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Maybe they decided to pitch that idea, and made it so it IS colored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was personally fairly sure that Eagle Vision as a whole was supposed to be an Animus Program initially. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmm... An impasse.
Let's say that it was a gift that they had, but the colors were Animus programs. But not every Assassin had it, only the descendants of TWCB.

LightRey
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM

I was personally fairly sure that Eagle Vision as a whole was supposed to be an Animus Program initially. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if it was they changed their mind before the first game came out. The animus' "voice" clearly states at the beginning it's a sixth sense Alta´r had.

Calvarok
07-10-2011, 11:40 PM
How could you even begin to try to say that the color is animus-only when Desmond can use Eagle vision with full colours in REAL LIFE?

How do people argue about something where all the facts point against them and the game doesn't want to be wrong?

LightRey
07-11-2011, 06:26 AM
How could you even begin to try to say that the color is animus-only when Desmond can use Eagle vision with full colours in REAL LIFE?

How do people argue about something where all the facts point against them and the game doesn't want to be wrong?

Eh, Desmond never states that he sees any colors in real life. In fact, the first time he's confronted with his new ability he actually doesn't even attempt to explain it by seeing colors. Furthermore, he doesn't even link the concept to eagle vision, Lucy eventually does that for him, which suggests that the experience is significantly different from the animus interface.

SquarePolo27
07-11-2011, 11:10 AM
If Lucy had her ring finger missing, then wouldn't the templers be a bit suspicious? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So she's showing Desmond that she's on his side. The end.