PDA

View Full Version : Hi... a question about Milk Cows

Chunius
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Greetings from Argentina...
i have installed the game yesterday, and i play a little.
in my second mission i shot all my torpedos except one and i want to know if in the game, exist the milk-cows and how i call it.

Thnks

Chunius
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Greetings from Argentina...
i have installed the game yesterday, and i play a little.
in my second mission i shot all my torpedos except one and i want to know if in the game, exist the milk-cows and how i call it.

Thnks

Minoos
01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome Chunius,

Milkcows are only available trough SH3 mods like Grey Wolves.
It also exist as a mini-mod: File (http://server3.realsimulation.com/s03/02/milk_en1.1%281.4ready%29.rar)

tuddley3
01-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Also, you can't CALL for a milkcow, they are available by date in specific locations(you should receive Radio Messages also when they are,such as "Thalia in Cadiz is now available for operations"). I can't remember if the Mini Mod Minoos has includes the list in the F1 Help menu, so here is the list WAC, GW's, and GWX use :

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/tuddley3/Helpful%20Screens/CaptainsQuarters.jpg

ottoramsaig
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
OK, here is the deal. You need to install the 1.4b patch from ubisoft. Then the GWX, followed by SH3Cmdr and SH3Gen. The 1.4b patch is needed to remove certain bugs within the game, then go to subsim and download SH3Cmdr. When done doenload SH3Gen. SH3Cmdr allows you to modify your patrol grids, crew, time compression, re-load times u-boat number etc. SH3Gen allows you to generate additional missions to include your patrol grid. This is where you will find re-fuleing vessels. Look around Gibralta for the Thaila supply ship. You will dock next to her as you would at home port. Escape from your mission. When you re-start SH3 you will see that your start point is the supply ship and your next patrol grid is NULL with orders to return to your home port. Contact me if you need addtional help at the PM.

geoffwessex
01-31-2007, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ottoramsaig:
...... the Thaila supply ship. You will dock next to her as you would at home port. Escape from your mission. When you re-start SH3 you will see that your start point is the supply ship and your next patrol grid is NULL with orders to return to your home port. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Helpful reply Otto. I'm also doing my first supply ship stop (on my way to DH77, around Azores/Canaries) and I ended the patrol and docked at Thalia. When I restart, though, if my "next patrol grid is NULL", is it still worth going on to the original grid? If I don't, wouldn't I lose Renown points? There's bound to be other targets on the way home (Wilhelmshaven) but it kind of defeats the object of being sent to that patrol area in the first place. Anybody know?