PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT Qs

IZT
12-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Ok so the 6800GT i have it great card!! but its wier how is it when the lcokc speeds of the card both mem n core clocka re like as low as that of a fx5600 yet it is able to outperform my old 5600 and do WONDERS?! It can't b the 16 pipelines alone can it?

Also does the 6800GT like improve dvd video quality? i mean i didn't buy the card for this purpose but does it do anything to dvd video quality? and also are there any settings that i must tweak to obatin this? Lastly Is intervideo win dvd worth using over Power dvd to play vcds AND DVDs?

IZT
12-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Ok so the 6800GT i have it great card!! but its wier how is it when the lcokc speeds of the card both mem n core clocka re like as low as that of a fx5600 yet it is able to outperform my old 5600 and do WONDERS?! It can't b the 16 pipelines alone can it?

Also does the 6800GT like improve dvd video quality? i mean i didn't buy the card for this purpose but does it do anything to dvd video quality? and also are there any settings that i must tweak to obatin this? Lastly Is intervideo win dvd worth using over Power dvd to play vcds AND DVDs?

Martial1
12-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey,

I just read the PC Gamer review of the 6800GT and they got it down as a MUST BUY. I have been reading PC Gamer for years and it was they who got me onto IL2 as they had it down as best flight sim,at the time I hade never heard of it. They know their stuff and if things are **** they say so. If things are good they are to be trusted. Just ordered my 6800GT. Slated as a thing of beauty for the price, you cant go wrong,out performs the ATI 800X Pro by a country mile.

Regards

Martial

F19_Orheim
12-03-2004, 05:32 PM
IZT, hmm don't want to be a spellingpolice but could you please type the WHOLE words instead of making short versions of them? Kind of hard to read... Thanks mate

willyvic
12-03-2004, 05:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F19_Orheim:
IZT, hmm don't want to be a spellingpolice but could you please type the WHOLE words intead of making short versions of them? Kind of hard to read... Thanks mate <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, comn now. dontu enjy tryn to reed this stff? Only took me a couple of minutes to decode...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif But I know how you feel mate. Kinda hard on the eyes, ain't it?

WV.

olaleier
12-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Gimmick post?

Anyway, the GPU has many more transistors, doing in sum more work at any clockrate. The 6800GT also has faster memory (not clock speed but access time and bandwidth).

DVD video quality is (in resolution) below the quality of a 1280x960 image in a game, so I doubt you'll notice any difference.

A strange thing I noticed with the 6800GT (upgraded from 9800 Pro) is that scrolling through a web page with loads of pics, particularly ani-gifs, is very jerky. Strange...

Martial1
12-04-2004, 06:48 AM
What frame rates are you getting with the 6800GT?

Regards

Martial