PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers!] Minerva and Seeing Future

CEO_of_Abstergo
01-25-2010, 09:12 AM
[SPOILERS: ASSUMES YOU FINISHED AC2 and even thought about it afterward...]

OK, rather than argue about facets in the game that all can plainly view for themselves, I'm putting out something we can all SPECULATE about on purpose while we eagerly await the DLC...

Do you think Minverva (as expressed through the vault hologram) actually has clairvoyance, i.e., temporal omniscience, the ability to see far-future times as they will certainly occur? Is this why she knows Desmond in particular will one day view his ancestor's exact memory of her hologram (which she creates before she dies)??

OR, do you think there is a simpler or alternate explanation? Perhaps the apple PoE itself, which Ezio allows Minverva hologram to interact with, is what tells the hologram about the DNA line or the future or which animus viewer is inolved? OR, maybe the hologram is simply another HACK into the animus memory sequence by Templars to fool Desmond, and not a genuine visit from Minverva at all?

Please give your theories as wild as they may be.

Lazybeans
01-25-2010, 09:20 AM
The ending of AC2 is so much of a genuine mind-f, it's hard to make sense of it. It seems like a real memory that would have had to actually happen to Ezio for Desmond to see it, but it blurs the line between past and present (and future, I guess). Considering the unthinkably advanced abilities that The Ones Who Came Before would have had, I wouldn't put this sort of thing (the clairvoyance) past them...after all, they were basically gods.

CEO_of_Abstergo
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
But kind of odd that they'd use clairvoyance to holographically direct Desmond to save the rebellious humans (long after their kind went extinct)... yet not to see and save themselves from astronomical cataclysms, eve's theft and escape, losing wars with humans, templars, etc.

Lazybeans
01-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by CEO_of_Abstergo:
But kind of odd that they'd use clairvoyance to holographically direct Desmond to save the rebellious humans (long after their kind went extinct)... yet not to see and save themselves from astronomical cataclysms, eve's theft and escape, losing wars with humans, templars, etc.
...True.

It's just really hard to figure out right now without a conclusion. Heck, they may or may not even answer that in AC3. I'd just wait for then, because this all confuses me too much.

N3V30
01-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by CEO_of_Abstergo:

Didn't she say they were too occupied with fighting a war that they didn't notice the cataclysm??

I think Those Who Came Before are kinda like the Ancients on Stargate (when they reached a certain point they began to evolve and gained abilites like telekenisis and precognition, different people got different things). Its possible Minerva was the only one who could see the future, as at the end of The Truth vid Eve says 'look out' and there is (apparently) a shadow that looks like Minerva. She could have seen the future and been there waiting......Or not.