PDA

View Full Version : CH peddles question

blackpulpit1970
10-20-2005, 09:07 AM
My game recognizes my ch peddles first then my x-45 stick second, the problem with this is that when i go to my game input section for my joystick to configure the pitch, roll,and yaw there is no yaw section at all and when i push on my toe part of my peddles the pitch and roll move. The only way to configure my pitch and roll and yaw is thru the config file. Thats all fine because it still does the job but my question is how to get my game to recognize(or my computer)the x-45 first and peddles second, this way i can use the input section ingame to configure my joystick settings, any advice. Thanks all

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Couldn't you unplug them both and plug in the X-45 first then reboot and plug in the pedals?

TB

blackpulpit1970
10-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Will try it but would you think that would bring my yaw section back to my inputs area? its confusing to explain but i will try it thanks.

T_O_A_D
10-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Read this (http://www.french.themotorhead.com/il2/viewtopic.php?t=548)

and Tully's stuff http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

foxyboy1964
10-20-2005, 10:34 AM
You will probably find that your pc recognises your pedals as No1 controller and your joystick as No2. To check this go to Start/Control Panel/Game Contollers. If the pedals are at the top of the list then you will want to change this. You will probably need to reinstal both devices. Do the joystick first, then it will be No1. Be sure to check out the link to Tullys stuff that TOAD provided, lots of good info there.

blackpulpit1970
10-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Is that the correct way to do it is what thunderbolt said to unplug them both then plug in stick first, reboot, then ch peddles then reboot again and done? if so then thank you all and i will try it when i get home.

foxyboy1964
10-20-2005, 11:54 AM
The way that Thunderbolt describes is probably safe. For example, when I first started playing this game I used 2 gamepads for my controls. My pc recognised them the "wrong" way round. All I had to do was exactly as Thunderbolt describes. However, the gamepads I was using had been around for several years, so Windows contained drivers for the gamepads. This may not be the case for your Stick and Pedals. If I was you I would go to Add/Remove programmes and remove anything to do with your stick and pedals (if there is anything there), then go to Start/Control panel/Game controllers and select Remove for both of your devices, then switch off your pc, then unplug the pedals and stick, then switch back on and install the stick as per the manufacturers instructions. I assume your stick came with a CD containing drivers, so just pop that in and reinstall the way you did originally. If you can hold on for a few hours or so I'm sure Tully will chip in on this thread. He will probably be able to tell you everything about your Stick and Pedals.

steve_v
10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by blackpulpit1970:
Is that the correct way to do it is what thunderbolt said to unplug them both then plug in stick first, reboot, then ch peddles then reboot again and done? if so then thank you all and i will try it when i get home. XP sets controllers. Read the links T_O_A_D left for you which explain how to manage ID assignment and settings.