PDA

View Full Version : An Odd Thing

Freelancer-1
06-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Online last night, I was on a server with not so many people. I ended up way behind enemy lines and was almost out of fuel.

Had some altitude so it wasn't a real panic situation, I just knew I wouldn't make back to base. What to do?

I saw an enemy airstrip. One of those huge grass rectangles that seem to be used to park aircraft on for something to bomb. No AA, so I thought, "WTF, I'll just put it down there instead of crashing somwhere else." So, I landed.

Keep in mind that I'm 50 or 60 kilometers behind enemy lines. The server says FREELANCER IS RTB. Uh...Ohhh Kay!

Is this something new?

Anybody else discover weird things?

Freelancer

vocatx
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I have noticed that several times when I have shot a plane down, I didn't get credit for the kill. I don't pay attention to the score, I couldn't tell you what I have ever scored, but I would like to get credit for kills. I'm not talking about damaging one and someone else getting credit, either, I shot them and watched them crash...no kill message.?????

FritzGryphon
06-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I think that, unless the map has a frontline set up, you can land anywhere you want without penalty.

If there is a frontline, landing on the enemy side will have you getting captured, and docked points like it does for bailing out.

Heliopause
06-21-2005, 01:17 AM
The "no kill" situation i know. Happened to me a while ago at least once while playing online. You shoot the plane and watch it go down crasching....no points. This was while playing 3.04V. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

HoldSteady641
06-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Had something of the sort last night, flying a JABO 190 with a 500 lbs (is it lbs?) bomb. Was supposed to bomb a bridge, but my leader allways does that, so I decided to drop it on an airfield nearby (where all my buddies were flying towards so I don't get all the AAA's attention). On this airfield two mig's or yak's (can't tell yet, russian airplanes somehow never made it into the Revell miniatures I used to glue together when I was a brat) were lined up to take of, so I dropped it nicely between them. The bomb vaporizes one, cuts another one in one large piece, (half of the fuselage, wings all gone, engine missing) vaporizing the rest and killing two AAA's collatorally, just for good measure. However, I get one kill! The other one still bears an Icon, so the overturned-burning-quarter piece of an airplane is still considered a plane, not a wreck. It disappeared sometime later, probably when the pilot got burned or something.

Now, when I blow off a wing of a plane in the air, everyone of my AI buddies is falling over each other to congratulate me on that mortal hit, but somehow, the gruesome remains of a thoroughly mutilated, burning wreck of a plane cut into pieces by a bomb does not signify a kill? Well I hope he survived, got blown out of his plane or something and ended up on a chair before the mess. Where his tea still damped..