PDA

View Full Version : Dogfights with AI. Is this possible?

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey folks, I'm new to IL2 coming from the Raven Shield and Operation Flashpoint forums. After Raven Shield I vowed never to trust an Ubi product again, but I heard good things about Maddox from the Opflash forums, and so far I've been blown away by the sheer immersiveness of IL2. So much so that I went out and bought a Force Feedback joystick the next day.

Anyways, I convinced my roommates to pick up a copy of Forgotten Battles as well, and we've been having a blast on the LAN. My question is this:

Is there any way to set up a team game vs. AI that has respawns? My roommates aren't good enough pilots to fly Co-Ops just yet, and I'm looking for some quick Dogfight action.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey folks, I'm new to IL2 coming from the Raven Shield and Operation Flashpoint forums. After Raven Shield I vowed never to trust an Ubi product again, but I heard good things about Maddox from the Opflash forums, and so far I've been blown away by the sheer immersiveness of IL2. So much so that I went out and bought a Force Feedback joystick the next day.

Anyways, I convinced my roommates to pick up a copy of Forgotten Battles as well, and we've been having a blast on the LAN. My question is this:

Is there any way to set up a team game vs. AI that has respawns? My roommates aren't good enough pilots to fly Co-Ops just yet, and I'm looking for some quick Dogfight action.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 09:26 PM
I havn't messed with the mission builder, so I would reccomend posting in that forum as there may be some easier work around, but my understanding is that the only way to have AI is in a CoOp and you cannot respawn there.

The only thing I can think of is set unlimited fuel and unlimited ammo and make a CoOp where enemy AI comes in waves (i'm pretty sure that online all AI planes must appear at the beginning so you will need to space them far apart with waypoints and such).

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 09:29 PM
not if you want to respawn. You can only place ground targets in dogfight servers (respawn in DF only) You can turn on invulnerability in coops though if your trying to familiarize yourself and learn. Just add whatever planes you want in the mission builder then turn it on when you start the game.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Alright. Thnx for the info. I guess we'll just stick to shooting each other down until we are good enough to take on the AI's incredible aim http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 02:43 AM
Build a simple mission, just set a pair of fighters to enter your side of the map every 15 minutes or so. As long as you don't go to the other side of the map you can have the pairs orbiting there waiting their turn and they don't react to your planes.