PDA

View Full Version : Stories of Heroism

Desmond1014
09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Do you guys have stories of heroism of indivual soldiers or tanks in multiplayer ?

I got a few stories of dead heroes on multiplayer.
I once use a single soldier (His russian comarades are all killed) to flank one of the opposing player online in a group match. My single soldier throw a grenade that kills the 2 germans behind a wall and proceed to gun down 3 more germans with his machine gun. He gun down another wounded german in a fox hole, applying first aid to himself and create havoc by killing another 2 gun crews before a sniper bullet end his life.
In another game, my russian Bazooka team bravely did what my tanks fail, by blasting 2 german tanks that rolls into the base, and taking out a King tiger from the side admist it's machine gun bullets. The lone russian with the bazooka stood in front of the King tiger readying his bazooka, The king tiger's machine gun's bullets tore into him in many places, but before he fell, he let loose one last round of bazooka round that hit the King tiger's side turrent, resulting in a huge explosion that blew off the king tiger's turrent. The turrent fell on a group of german soldiers following up the assualt killing or wounding them. The german assualt on the base was repulsed by the heroic sarcrifice of the rusian bazooka team.

More often than not, my bazooka team always do better at killing enemy tanks than my tanks whose shots semms to always richochet off enemy armour even when fire into their sides!!

Desmond1014
09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Do you guys have stories of heroism of indivual soldiers or tanks in multiplayer ?

I got a few stories of dead heroes on multiplayer.
I once use a single soldier (His russian comarades are all killed) to flank one of the opposing player online in a group match. My single soldier throw a grenade that kills the 2 germans behind a wall and proceed to gun down 3 more germans with his machine gun. He gun down another wounded german in a fox hole, applying first aid to himself and create havoc by killing another 2 gun crews before a sniper bullet end his life.
In another game, my russian Bazooka team bravely did what my tanks fail, by blasting 2 german tanks that rolls into the base, and taking out a King tiger from the side admist it's machine gun bullets. The lone russian with the bazooka stood in front of the King tiger readying his bazooka, The king tiger's machine gun's bullets tore into him in many places, but before he fell, he let loose one last round of bazooka round that hit the King tiger's side turrent, resulting in a huge explosion that blew off the king tiger's turrent. The turrent fell on a group of german soldiers following up the assualt killing or wounding them. The german assualt on the base was repulsed by the heroic sarcrifice of the rusian bazooka team.

More often than not, my bazooka team always do better at killing enemy tanks than my tanks whose shots semms to always richochet off enemy armour even when fire into their sides!!

Hasselnot
09-26-2007, 06:27 AM
Wow thats a nice one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif I have 1 to. I was playing as the German side, me and another player was tryin' to capture the hills on Workshop Map. We tried everything, artillery, tanks massive attacks and so on. But after a artillery barrage made by the other player, men and he started a full scale attack, His tanks were teard down by the unnoticed AT mines at the bottom of the hills, My tanks got near enough to take out a couple of AT guns but were, crushed by the Allied tanks on the other side of the hills, i started to think that this game was impossible to win....After about 30 secounds the attack started to more and more look like a kamikaze fight. My tanks did destroy the most part of their 1st line of defense (About 3 AT Guns 4 Light Tanks and mine fields) But then i noticed that the enemy tanks was damaged so they couldn't move, so i put all my AT crews, SMGs, Rifles and even mine detectors to action....All of my soldiers died when reaching the hilltop...But because of their heroic attemps the enemies defenses was so ill that my tanks (bought new) could easily just crush my enemies... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

CCReballiance
09-26-2007, 07:15 AM
I was playing the map wich has Harbor on battlezones in BTRH 2... I was playing on Allies my self... The enemy had tooken control of the hill with 3 flak guns. So i launched an attack against it...Huge artillery bombing and tank assault alongside with the infantry... Many of my soldiers got shot.. actually so many that i had only 1and a half squad left... enemy took my tanks out and my artillery out with his own artillery and tanks. The half squad got killed by enemy artillery... I was out of Funds and had only one flag and only one squad left... My enemy sent infantry to take the hill from me, but my men fougth bravely with losses of a single man alone they pushed the attack back... They holded the hill until my enemy attacked from their backs to the hill with a tank as my soldiers took cover from it the enemy sent a tiger to straight attack... My last man with AT grenade got shot just before he could throw the grenade... They were the best men ever fight in my army on Multiplayer...

Desmond1014
09-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Soliders are really excellent in the game.

Last night in multiplayer, i am supposed to grab the enemy trench position. I do it the Russian style lol. I send waves and waves of Russians soldiers backed by T-34 tanks.

The opposing player's german soldiers defended in the trenches with machine guns and such, there are howitzers and anti-tank guns on their side and over open ground, my russians were gunned down in droves, amid HE rounds and machine gun fire. But still i send more, a bit like the movie "enemy at the gates"

My russian soldiers eventually managed to penetrate the first line of german trench and slowly move inwards, blowing up tanks and throwing grenades on machine gun positions . I can almost hear the Russian great patriotic song singing in the background.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
The whole german position was taken successfully but you cannot help but feel sad at the amount of russian bodies lying around.

Well, Stalin say before that "one dead is a tragedy, a million death is a statistic", i undertsand that when the multiplayer game ends showing the results of casualties on both sides.
No wonder the Russian call it their great patriotic war.

PantherV1990
09-27-2007, 06:42 AM
if the russians cared even half the germans and americans did about their soldiers they wouldn't win the war.........thats a fact :P

HrcAk47
09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
My story is about 2 companies, who served with me during 20 missions in campaign generator.

First missions went quite easy... they didnt had a lot of ammo to spare, but their weapon and ammo inventories filled on corpses of American and British soldiers...

Around mission 12, they came to... hell. Bocage.

All around were wrecks of German tanks and corpses of soldiers... They walked slowly, stunned by the horror.

Captain noticed movement on the ridge. He sent out sniper to do recon... He didn't returned.

That faithful moment... hell broke loose. American Halftracks and Shermans smashed through tall hedges, and opened fire. And my men were on open ground. Captain ordered retreat to high ground... last order he issued before he got stunned by a 75 mm HE grenade.

Stormtrooper squad fared quite well. When Captain fainted, they charged across 100 m of flat ground, towards the machineguns and infantry. Several fell down... but the survivors pulled out their Panzerfausts... and the last Sherman turned into a pillar of fire and smoke. Now they turned the initiative. Machinegunners mowed down rows after rows of their soldiers... triggers were pulled... even when they were out of ammo...

Captain became concious soon... only to see the "big boss" - Pershing, entering the battlefield. Soldiers had nothing to stop them, all Panzerfausts were used up before... and the remains of their Panzershreck trooper lied in the puddle of blood several metres away.

And, when all hope seemed to be lost - a flaming rocket bursted from one bush - devastating Pershing...

It was Sniper!

After being cut out from the troops, he wandered through enemy rear, disabling mortars and artillery. And he found it - Bazooka.
He saved the day with it.

At dusk, they counted the bodies. Once poweful squad, with 16 soldiers, now counted 6 undergunned and wounded men. But Americans lost 3 tanks, 6 APCs, a Jeep, 2 mortars, and a 155 mm artillery piece. And 114 men.

Captain issued orders. Scavenge all gear and move out. Next mission had to be done.

German High Command awarded them all with Iron Crosses, and reinforcements were sent. New Stoormtroper squad, and a Tiger Tank.

http://i22.tinypic.com/qnl7at.jpg
Soldiers of my squad, 18. September 1944, France, location unknown. Captain is holding the camera.

Veteran squad: Sitting on Tiger and kneeling in first row. Other are reinforcements