PDA

View Full Version : AEP/PF will not recognise my FB installation?

TS_Sancho
02-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I am installing the complete IL2 FB/AEP/PF setup on a new computer.I have both my FB/AEP and PF installation cd's but misplaced the original FB disc.I found a website called Direct2Drive where I paid a fee to download the original FB program.
FB runs fine but when I try load the AEP disc autorun statrs then stops.I tried forcing the installation through manually starting the setup but it only gets so far then says that it cant find FB???
I had at first assumed that AEP was part of the product I purchased from Direct2Drive as the AEP disc didnt load and continued with the sequential patch installation but shortly found out that none of the pacific maps would load and a lot of european ac were missing(I already know, ignorince is bliss)>
Does anyone have any ideas for getting My AEP and PF installation discs to detect the downloaded FB program or am I stuck ordering the physical box with cd?
Thank you in advance for any help.
TS_Sancho

AMD64 3500+
Gigabyte K8Npro neo4 sli
1536mb pc3200 Corsair(2x512+2x256)
geforce 7800 gt v.8198 drivers
Soundblaster audigy 4
kingwin aquastar cpu/vga cooler

TS_Sancho
02-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I am installing the complete IL2 FB/AEP/PF setup on a new computer.I have both my FB/AEP and PF installation cd's but misplaced the original FB disc.I found a website called Direct2Drive where I paid a fee to download the original FB program.
FB runs fine but when I try load the AEP disc autorun statrs then stops.I tried forcing the installation through manually starting the setup but it only gets so far then says that it cant find FB???
I had at first assumed that AEP was part of the product I purchased from Direct2Drive as the AEP disc didnt load and continued with the sequential patch installation but shortly found out that none of the pacific maps would load and a lot of european ac were missing(I already know, ignorince is bliss)>
Does anyone have any ideas for getting My AEP and PF installation discs to detect the downloaded FB program or am I stuck ordering the physical box with cd?
Thank you in advance for any help.
TS_Sancho

AMD64 3500+
Gigabyte K8Npro neo4 sli
1536mb pc3200 Corsair(2x512+2x256)
geforce 7800 gt v.8198 drivers
Soundblaster audigy 4
kingwin aquastar cpu/vga cooler

JtD
02-05-2006, 12:29 AM
I had problems with the installation of AEP myself and had to edit the registry. I think a language code was missing, but I do not remember exactly. So I can't be of more help.

EURO_Snoopy
02-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Installation of FB1.0 + the Aces Expansion Pack ; and the error "IL2 Forgotten Battles not installed": (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm#013)

Tully__
02-05-2006, 05:57 AM
You're stuck ordering the physical box most likely, unless you can hack the registry so AEP can find the install. The Direct2Drive installer doesn't make the registry entries required for AEP to find the FB installation.