PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Idea

crash3
05-31-2011, 03:43 AM
for those of you who played MW2, you will know of the spec ops missions that you could complete on or offline, with or without your friends

i think it would be cool to have a section next to the regular story mode called Recruits Assignments

in this there are a list of different missions in various locations for you to complete and there is an option to do them as singleplayer or co-operatively/split screen

then you could have bronze, silver, gold medals for how well you do the missions

it would work as you are playing as recruits and not any main characters

dont take the animus into account we want good missions regardless of who is using the animus

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 07:28 AM
if acr combat system is near to acb system the coop missions won't be dificult as mw2...

mw2 was really really hard that's why the spec ops where nice but ac2/b were really easy and acR is likelly going to follow it...

RzaRecta357
05-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
if acr combat system is near to acb system the coop missions won't be dificult as mw2...

mw2 was really really hard that's why the spec ops where nice but ac2/b were really easy and acR is going to follow it...

Regardless of difficulty people want this. People have been wanting this.

I like you're idea crash. This is actually a very good idea towards co-op as it fits their story.

The only thing is it would have to be in an Assassin camp or something. So that they could wire two assassin's together in an animus the way abstergo does for ACB's MP.

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

mw2 was really really hard that's why the spec ops where nice but ac2/b were really easy and acR is going to follow it...

I like you're idea crash. This is actually a very good idea towards co-op as it fits their story.

The only thing is it would have to be in an Assassin camp or something. So that they could wire two assassin's together in an animus the way abstergo does for ACB's MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's the point of playing in coop if you can archive gold medal playing alone?

At mw2 you was forced to play coop cuz it was imposible to do it alone but at AcR it's not likelly to happens..

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

The only thing is it would have to be in an Assassin camp or something. So that they could wire two assassin's together in an animus the way abstergo does for ACB's MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's the point of playing in coop if you can archive gold medal playing alone?

At mw2 you was forced to play coop cuz it was imposible to do it alone but at AcR it's not likelly to happens.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound like a troll, got nothing co-operative to say, then dont say anything at all. OP Its a good idea!

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

At mw2 you was forced to play coop cuz it was imposible to do it alone but at AcR it's not likelly to happens.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound like a troll, got nothing co-operative to say, then dont say anything at all. OP Its a good idea! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOOOL... so cuz i say it's useless to have the option to play co-op if the game continues as easy as ac2 and brotherhood was i'm troll?...

I want the best for Ac and that's why i'm always talking about increansing the dificult, believe me it will be worth the time losed getting skill (which those who don't want the game harder don't have)

PS - I love the cooperative idea... I've bought Portal 2 due to the cooperative but those missions where hard and imposible to do alone...

I only say that the cooperative is worthless with the currents UNBALANCED systems/features of the game...

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 08:02 AM
You are saying that revelations WILL be the same as brotherhood in terms of difficulty, but we know nothing yet! With the amount of gameplay changes added to assassins creed brotherhood from 2, I reckon they might change quite a bit.

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 08:10 AM
You are saying that revelations WILL be the same as brotherhood in terms of difficulty, but we know nothing yet! With the amount of gameplay changes added to assassins creed brotherhood from 2, I reckon they might change quite a bit.

re-read my last post... try to read where i say:

so cuz i say it's useless to have the option to play co-op if the game continues as easy as ac2 and brotherhood was i'm troll?

Can you read the IF?...

I have high hopes for AcR (unlike i had for AcB) but it's only an hope and until i don't see anything concrete i won't say the coop will be worh...

PS - Loved the teaser where ezio's hidden blade breaks... maybe the first part of the game will have ac2/b like hidden blade and after it breaks, ezio gets it repaired and start using it altair's style... IT WOULD BE WONDERFULL

DavisP92
05-31-2011, 08:13 AM
hopefully e3 will have many suprises, including making the game more difficult and coop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 08:15 AM

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 08:25 AM

mw2 was really really hard that's why the spec ops where nice but ac2/b were really easy and acR is going to follow it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give up, you got me xD

I'm not really sure it's going to follow it but from GI i can suppose more unbalanced features:

1st: 300 types of bombs... (papal guards are not affected by smoke bombs so it's a way to balance it if other types of guards are not affected either)

2nd: Ziplines... there is a piture with ezio in a zipline and kill one guard with the gun... this means the gun will keep the aimming speed from acB which i didn't like (for the gun cuz for the crossbow it was ok)

3rd: Combat: The combat system on Revelations will be once again upgraded giving the player more offensive ways to beat his enemies (didn't quote, just said aproxmated to what i had read).
I remember in the AcB it said that ezio now have a more agresive combat system which rewards the players for being agresives. If i'm not wrong this is what made the combat much more easier than in Ac1 (and i've already said how could killstreaks be balanced, didn't i crash?).

Now, it says that the guards AI will be upgraded again and that there will be more guards but i don't believe it wil be enough (players upgrades are usually better than the enemies upgrades)...

Originally posted by Pdavis3:
hopefully e3 will have many suprises, including making the game more difficult and coop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My only hope for E3 is that ezio will use altair's style hidden blade... beside that, if they annouce coop it would be nice too but i will only see if the coop is worth after get my hands in the game...

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Okay, I dont like the thought of 300 bombs like, and the Guards need to be MUCH more aggressive! And they need to get rid of the guard attack warning life bar flashes. And I hardly ever used the gun, and the only time I mainly used the crossbow was for borgia towers, infiltrate missions and killing guards on horses.

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Okay, I dont like the though of 300 bombs like, and the Guards need to be MUCH more aggressive! And they need to get rid of the guard attack warning life bar flashes. And I hardly ever used the gun, and the only time I mainly used the crossbow was for borgia towers, infiltrate missions and killing guards on horses.

I love to use everything a game offers to me and that's why i want everything balanced...

The gun in Ac2 was only for extreme situations (like in AcB multiplayer)... AcB should keep the gun for extreme situations (or for killstreaks in combats) and let the crossbow be an upgrade for the stealth methods (and having the gun for when u run out of bolts)... with the new gun aimming speed the gun is not anymore for extreme situations but yes to agile guards in middle of a combat (cuz u can't attack or kick them). Also i think the crossbow is ok.

You see i'm not a troll? hahaha :P

PS - Love how you did the effect of the sword comming out of masyaf rocks xD

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Lol you sounded it at first haha I just cant wait for e3 so they can put us out of our misery!

ILLusioNaire
05-31-2011, 09:56 AM
It is only a natural next step for Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed in this next installment. Honestly it is something I wanted before AC2 came out. I don't like how killing guards is so easy in ACB. In my eyes, Ezio is indeed a assassin, but that doesn't mean that he can take on loads of guys at once and murk them all. At least, it shouldn't be that easy to take guards down.

But regardless, why should that get in the way of creating new and exciting modes? It shouldn't. I would like to see ACR co-op to be difficult and challenging just like any one else. But it's not so much the difficulty as the experience itself that I'm interested in. Meaning... I would rather them put co-op in there and it be easy then it not be there at all.

crash3
05-31-2011, 10:39 AM

well, like in MW2 specs, maybe there can be missions that are compulsory to do with at least 2 players, for example one player fights guards while the other player infiltrates a templar base

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
It is only a natural next step for Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed in this next installment. Honestly it is something I wanted before AC2 came out. I don't like how killing guards is so easy in ACB. In my eyes, Ezio is indeed a assassin, but that doesn't mean that he can take on loads of guys at once and murk them all. At least, it shouldn't be that easy to take guards down.

But regardless, why should that get in the way of creating new and exciting modes? It shouldn't. I would like to see ACR co-op to be difficult and challenging just like any one else. But it's not so much the difficulty as the experience itself that I'm interested in. Meaning... I would rather them put co-op in there and it be easy then it not be there at all.

Me too but if i'm not forced to play with 2 players to be able to do the missions it's better to not be called co-op cuz it's really ******ed to play co-op when you can do everything alone -.-''

Also crash... if the combats continues that easy, the same player would fight the guards and infiltrate the templar base..

ShaneO7K
05-31-2011, 11:35 AM
It would probably go down the same road as Splinter Cell Conviction's Co-Op where it told a differen't story to the singleplayer one with two different character.

It worked great.

MHAITAINMAN
06-01-2011, 06:10 AM
If it is was like the latest SC and you could choose from the menu to do side missions etc, by all means. I like the solidarity of playing this game alone. plus, at 28 hours to complete the game alone, well worth the money by a MILE.

Start Menu..>Co-Op..>Select Missions....

Nice....!
But you can never please everyone all the time only some, some of the time.
(I wanna kill Shaun in ACR, FIRST!)

crash3
06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by MHAITAINMAN:
If it is was like the latest SC and you could choose from the menu to do side missions etc, by all means. I like the solidarity of playing this game alone. plus, at 28 hours to complete the game alone, well worth the money by a MILE.

Start Menu..>Co-Op..>Select Missions....

Nice....!
But you can never please everyone all the time only some, some of the time.
(I wanna kill Shaun in ACR, FIRST!)

i like your sequence of slections, start menu, Co-op, missions-maybe have either a singleplayer or multiplayer list of missions

Ass4ssin8me
06-02-2011, 02:38 PM

I agree. There is no point, especially if they keep these ridiculous kill-streaks. Honestlty, they are what ruined this game. That and all guards only had 2 bars in AC:B http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I also would not want this co-idea because it will completly ruin what I love about AC. The story! They will be too focused on MP And Co-op, that they won't focus on the story. And I hate to Dash your spirits, but don't you think its a tad too late to add a new game-type?

crash3
06-03-2011, 04:18 AM
dont get me w i think the singleplayer storyline takes absolute priority to the MP however now that MP is in the AC series i was just thinking of ways to improve it as i wasnt overly impressed by the MP in ACB more mainly because of the terrible matchmaking the actual gameplay was fine but has plenty to improve on and i think co-op makes MP more exciting and gives you the option to play alongside friends in split-screen and you can play on or offline with co-op

ChaosxNetwork
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Quite a good idea, but it must 100% follow the storyline as even Multi-player does.

RoyalAssassin23
06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Quite a good idea, but it must 100% follow the storyline as even Multi-player does.

would be a nice idea, so me and my brother could play. but maybe on co-op have a difficulty level.

rob.davies2014
06-05-2011, 08:39 AM

At mw2 you was forced to play coop cuz it was imposible to do it alone but at AcR it's not likelly to happens..

Because it's fun to play with friends... That's why we have co-op in games.
Personally, I think it would be great to have it in ACR. I'm sure they could justify it by going to an Assassin base where they have a Double-Animus machine and William M or another Assassin turns out to be a descendant of Yusuf Tazim, who joins Desmond in his own genetic memory.
Anyone who's watched Inception or the South Park spoof of it will understand what I'm trying to say.

iN3krO
06-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by RussellSparrow:

Personally, I think it would be great to have it in ACR. I'm sure they could justify it by going to an Assassin base where they have a Double-Animus machine and William M or another Assassin turns out to be a descendant of Yusuf Tazim, who joins Desmond in his own genetic memory.
Anyone who's watched Inception or the South Park spoof of it will understand what I'm trying to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, i don't see the fun of playing without challenge (challange makes you feel better when you finish the missions)...

It's also fun play with friends and one do anything stupid and fails, at least when it happens to me in CoD:MW2 and in Portal 2 i can't stop laughing, but in AcR, if there's gona be a Co-op mode and the dificult keeps as it's now, if any1 fails the stealthy way will just go thought combat way, and no1 will die in combat...

No fail = No fun

DavisP92
06-05-2011, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RussellSparrow:

Anyone who's watched Inception or the South Park spoof of it will understand what I'm trying to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, i don't see the fun of playing without challenge (challange makes you feel better when you finish the missions)...

It's also fun play with friends and one do anything stupid and fails, at least when it happens to me in CoD:MW2 and in Portal 2 i can't stop laughing, but in AcR, if there's gona be a Co-op mode and the dificult keeps as it's now, if any1 fails the stealthy way will just go thought combat way, and no1 will die in combat...

No fail = No fun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well seeing how ACB and AC2 aren't challanging then u don't see them as fun games. then imo u shouldn't be the one that ubisoft listens to when it comes to coop. Of course everyone wants a challanging game, but for those who love playing with their friends and enjoy it more then multi-player and playing alone. then coop should be put in even if it's at the current difficulty.

However Ubisoft will not do that, if they do co-op (and it seems they may not unless they reveil it at e3) they will obviously have to make it more difficult. But it is better to have an experimental coop rather then no coop at all.

Not to say tho u don't have good ideas, but coop is something that ubisoft is trying to create. So just get over it and lets just see how they do it, hopefully it's good.