PDA

View Full Version : CH Product Pragramming Expert Anyone?

taiterbud
02-02-2005, 08:12 AM
I have the Pro Pedals and the Yoke. I also have a Saitech EVO joystick. With CH manager I have suceeded in creating a profile for PF for the yoke and pedals. What I cant figure out is how to get the toe brakes to work. How do I program those toe brakes in? Also, Is there a way to use the EVO Joystick with the rudder pedals. In that way I could have 2 profiles, one for flying bombers with the yoke and the other fighters with my joystick. If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it. I really have put effort into reading the manual in the CH manager, but I honestly dont understand that much of what it is trying to teach me. Does anyone else have a setup like this and knows how?

taiterbud
02-02-2005, 08:12 AM
I have the Pro Pedals and the Yoke. I also have a Saitech EVO joystick. With CH manager I have suceeded in creating a profile for PF for the yoke and pedals. What I cant figure out is how to get the toe brakes to work. How do I program those toe brakes in? Also, Is there a way to use the EVO Joystick with the rudder pedals. In that way I could have 2 profiles, one for flying bombers with the yoke and the other fighters with my joystick. If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it. I really have put effort into reading the manual in the CH manager, but I honestly dont understand that much of what it is trying to teach me. Does anyone else have a setup like this and knows how?

Ritter_Cuda
02-02-2005, 08:38 AM
well first go to .http://www.ch-hangar.com/news.php they have posted a way to make the toe break differnsle. I don't understand it yet. so I simpley put the B key on the toe and it works for me
Cuda

kiddknapp59
02-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Here is a link to the thread you are looking for:
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1488&hl=

taiterbud
02-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok, I'll check out those threads for the toe brakes. Anybody know if I can use the EVO joystick with the pedals?

kSetuni
02-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I have heard many others using that setup, providing both are usb of course. I use the x45 with the ch pedals. I simply assign the brakes in the HOTAS section of the controls to the brake axis. One fine trick I heard was to slip a cd jewl case under the heel of each pedal when callibrating them so you dont have to worry about dragging a brake when taxiing.

taiterbud
02-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Would you mind sharing how you have everything programed shadowMech? Do you use the CH manager for pedals? If so, how do you incorperate the EVO stick into the manager. Mine wont reconized the EVO stick unless I go to "Direct Mode" in the programming. But then I loose the profile on the pedals. Does that make sense?

DRB_Hookech0
02-02-2005, 03:16 PM
the CHCM (CH control Manager) only works with CH Products. Your stick is Saitek so for it your going to have to use whatever comes with that stick for setting it up. Your rudder pedels can be set up like mentioned above or use the CHCM to set the axis for the rudder and the one axis for the toe brake (the IL2 engine only sees 1 brake command not differential braking...ie, right left)

Being as you have a yoke, why the EVO? I guess you can use it as a button sink.

taiterbud
02-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks very much for your help everyone. I guess the only reason I was trying to use the EVO and yoke is just for feel with different aircraft. It just doesnt seem right flying a zeke or a mustang with a yoke. For a B-25 on the other hand it feels just right. Anyway, I appreciate the input it has helped a bunch and I think I got everything set up right now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BSS_Vidar
02-02-2005, 09:48 PM
If you all ready know how to set up a combined, and/or separate CM map, you're golden. To get your toe brake axis to work, you'll need to put the following in the indicated drop down boxes in the Pro Peddals tab.

Left Toe Brake:

DX Device- CM Device 1
DX Axis- Slider 0

Right Toe Brake:

DX Device- CM Device 1
DX Axis- Slider 1

That should get you to having toe brake slider input into the sim. Keep in mind. Unlike the Microsoft PC sims. Ubi, "in its questionable wisdom" has stuck to their guns with supplying only one slider axis to control brake inputs. I have brakes in IL-2PF assigned to the left toe brake- like a car. You'll be able to have SLUGGISH breaking control, especially on the flight deck, by depressing the toe brake slider then input rudder to the side you wish to apply brake pressure to.

Like i said, it's adequite on an open airfield, but on a flightdeck, without independent brakeing, it can be quite cumbersome.

Good Luck!