PDA

View Full Version : P-47 Gunnery

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Took the P47D-23 for a spin in the QMB, noticed something. If you press the primary fire button, only half your guns fire. If you want to use all your guns (when don't you want that?), you need to press the secondary fire button as well. Don't know how this factors into the ongoing P47 firepower discussions as I suppose most of you already knew this, but I sure didn't until today.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Took the P47D-23 for a spin in the QMB, noticed something. If you press the primary fire button, only half your guns fire. If you want to use all your guns (when don't you want that?), you need to press the secondary fire button as well. Don't know how this factors into the ongoing P47 firepower discussions as I suppose most of you already knew this, but I sure didn't until today.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Yep, kinda common knowledge mate.
And there are plenty of times when you don't want to use all your guns: when you just want to shoot a few rounds to check your sighting, or when you just want to scare the enemy. In general, anytime you want to conserve your ammo.
When you're sure you'll hit though, open up with all 8.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:30 PM
i think its very useful if you just want to make the enemy nervous or make him doing evasives you can use only 4 mgs. or you can use the other mgpair as a reserve.at least i handle the MG/FF of the early fw190 that way, unless im real close and want to finish the enemy finally off.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Could it be done in real life??

rgds

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:43 PM
I supose this is a good reminder, because new people are always buying this game, too bad the manual isn't more specific on each aircraft.

dapendragon wrote:
- Took the P47D-23 for a spin in the QMB, noticed
- something. If you press the primary fire button,
- only half your guns fire. If you want to use all
- your guns (when don't you want that?), you need to
- press the secondary fire button as well. Don't know
- how this factors into the ongoing P47 firepower
- discussions as I suppose most of you already knew
- this, but I sure didn't until today.
-
-
-
-
-

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 09:21 PM
"fire weap 1+2" in the controls /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
if ive got a target for sure, i open up with everything ive got /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif