PDA

View Full Version : Yes Yes Yes, I did it: First Online Kill...

FoolTrottel
11-06-2004, 03:56 PM
In my chubby little fighter I did it: .... got me a kill.....online...and it was not AI (I'd already got some AI DC3's earlier). well it just flew into my path, turned a bit, turned a bit more, so i turned, turned a bit more... fire the guns.. hits hits hits.. an da kill!
Well that was great.
But. I'd lost me left elevator in the thick of it...
Whatever, still to come: Carrier landing! Oops, with only one elevator!
Well, let's give it a try, line up, hook down (had allways tend to forget that one....) going down down, angle right, so the hook would get a cable, yes I'm down on the deck.. hook got cable... 'The fool has landed'. Man I'm proud of myself... but why did I loose my prop on landing anyways? Hm, maybe too rough a landing? Nope, as my online mates pointed out : 'Mayby next time lower you landing gear' they said. Eehhmmm.... well they were smack on right...

FoolTrottel
11-06-2004, 03:56 PM
In my chubby little fighter I did it: .... got me a kill.....online...and it was not AI (I'd already got some AI DC3's earlier). well it just flew into my path, turned a bit, turned a bit more, so i turned, turned a bit more... fire the guns.. hits hits hits.. an da kill!
Well that was great.
But. I'd lost me left elevator in the thick of it...
Whatever, still to come: Carrier landing! Oops, with only one elevator!
Well, let's give it a try, line up, hook down (had allways tend to forget that one....) going down down, angle right, so the hook would get a cable, yes I'm down on the deck.. hook got cable... 'The fool has landed'. Man I'm proud of myself... but why did I loose my prop on landing anyways? Hm, maybe too rough a landing? Nope, as my online mates pointed out : 'Mayby next time lower you landing gear' they said. Eehhmmm.... well they were smack on right...

MOhz
11-06-2004, 04:01 PM
congrats dude!!

Philipscdrw
11-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Well done!

I started playing online about a month ago. I still don't have a clue, I tend to climb and attempt to dive on people, but I just overspeed and crash mostly.

FoolTrottel
11-06-2004, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
Well done!

I started playing online about a month ago. I still don't have a clue, I tend to climb and attempt to dive on people, but I just overspeed and crash mostly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's my experience too.
I have read a lot of books of air combat, and still I make the errors every new pilot makes... not being aware of the environment, not knowing where the enemy is... getting surprised... not getting the right path and angle...
It will come to you, just keep it up! (Yeah, as if I know now, no I don't, I just got lucky!)
Just keep up the good work, keep trying, and.... as far as I'm concerned, even if I get shot down I still have fun!

Quint1974
11-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Congrats!!!

I got my first online kill a few weeks ago in IL-2!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(I've only had IL-2 Gold Pack for 3 weeks now)

...still no kills in PF though. Soon.

~Q~

Atomic_Marten
11-06-2004, 05:40 PM
http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/images/smiles/clap.gif