PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Armour.

dustinvu
06-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I would like for there to be the option of removing armour at will. In the Assassin's Creed games so far, that wasn't an option, tell me your opinions.

Also: (Fix the Screen Gradient)

Stowdace
06-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Not true, you could play as an armorless Ezio during mercenary bet fights in Brotherhood. But besides that there are no such occasions.

El_Sjietah
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
Not true, you could play as an armorless Ezio during mercenary bet fights in Brotherhood. But besides that there are no such occasions.
That doesn't count as 'at will' in my book.

kriegerdesgottes
08-27-2011, 02:37 PM
So it looks like we once again will not be able to remove armor according to Gabe's latest Q&As. I just don't get why it causes such a problem.

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
So it looks like we once again will not be able to remove armor according to Gabe's latest Q&As. I just don't get why it causes such a problem. Link to that?

I hope there's atleast a glitch to remove armour like there was in Brotherhood

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Gabe said that they're looking into giving us skins that allow us to look like we have no armor, but the actual stats from the armor won't be removed. Nothing is confirmed, though.

notafanboy
08-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
So it looks like we once again will not be able to remove armor according to Gabe's latest Q&As. I just don't get why it causes such a problem. Link to that?

I hope there's atleast a glitch to remove armour like there was in Brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bhkZ5HauSw
there you go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

I hope there's atleast a glitch to remove armour like there was in Brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bhkZ5HauSw
there you go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is there a specific time when he directly states armour is once again permanent?

edit: never mind, 7:18

Animuses
08-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Gabe gave a crappy reason as to why the armor can't be removed. I don't want skins to make it look like I don't have armor, I just want the ability to have it or not.

kriegerdesgottes
08-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
Gabe gave a crappy reason as to why the armor can't be removed. I don't want skins to make it look like I don't have armor, I just want the ability to have it or not.

Same here. It's really not a good enough excuse that the life bar is effected and blah blah because they know we all glitch Brotherhood to make him not have armor and it doesn't effect the gameplay at all so I don't see what the problem is.

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Gabe gave a crappy reason as to why the armor can't be removed. I don't want skins to make it look like I don't have armor, I just want the ability to have it or not. I know, if they want to measure progress, why don't they keep track by checking the missions you've completed

Black_Widow9
08-27-2011, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
Gabe gave a crappy reason as to why the armor can't be removed. I don't want skins to make it look like I don't have armor, I just want the ability to have it or not. I know, if they want to measure progress, why don't they keep track by checking the missions you've completed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't you think that would take away from feeling like you are in the Animus? From what I've been reading as far as Feedback for oh so long, most wanted the armor removed because of the look, example being Brutus.

Animuses
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think you it takes away the feeling of the Animus at all. Once you buy armor, you get closer to full synchronization. It doesn't matter if you wear it or not because you already got credit for the synch. Removing armor is the same thing as switching to a different kind of armor in terms of synching. You are not going to lose synchronization with Ezio when you take off armor, just as you don't lose synch when you switch to a type of armor Ezio didn't wear at the time.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
I think people really only want the armor to be REMOVABLE, so just in case they like the armor better without the pauldrons covering stuff, they can take it off. No-one expects armor to be removed from the game. I'd be happy with skins that allow you to look the same but with armor stats, but that won't work with dyes, so some people might still be unrepresented.

I guess I just don't understand why they can't just revert your character to the stats and appearance they had. They can remove weapons, aren't they the same thing? I'm confident that it would work if they just told their programmers to get on it.

It's not a big deal for me, but it has been a big deal for most of the forum-based community. And I know that the forums don't represent even close to all the players, but I'm sure that some players would enjoy that feature, both to make things more challenging by having less health, and by making their assassin look more light-weight. The people who like to play stealthily like to play without getting hit, so its a limiter they can put on their abilities to make their feats more impressive. They also like to imagine that the character they're playing does the same thing, and what better way to do that then by taking off all of his armor?

Ioder
08-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I think what Gabe means is that throughout the game you unlock new armor and bump up your squares, if your able to take off your armor it would just break the game like Gabe said, what's the point of collecting money throughout the game so you can buy armor if you just take it off, that's why the skins work better. I love the idea, go Ubi!

Jexx21
08-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I hope that in one of the following Assassin's Creed we can choose from light, medium, or heavy armor.

Maybe make it like a class system that you can interchange? I'd be all up for an Assassin's Creed RPG, but I don't think UbiSoft has much experience in RPG's. Action games are more their thing, but it wouldn't hurt to add some RPG-like things. Like, just adding different armor systems. Maybe make the different armor weights affect your free-running, like in Brink (I liked that part of Brink personally). And instead of you choosing a class, the game detects your play-style and gives you a label that may give you some bonuses statistically, and affect your appearance a little bit. But of course, you would be able to change it by changing your play-style.

kriegerdesgottes
08-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah I think we can all agree we wouldn't want the armor to not be in the game at all but like animuses said, it wouldn't affect being synchronized because you have already obtained the armor. As long as you have it the way Ezio "did" then it shouldn't affect the feeling of being in the animus which I agree is very important. The problem as far as I understand it is with the health bar being decreased or increased due to the armor but I think it would give the player more of a challenge to play without it anyway plus it's near impossible to die anyway unless you fall off a building which btw is not a complaint. I enjoy feeling like an indestructible badass.

Jexx21
08-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Yeah I think we can all agree we wouldn't want the armor to not be in the game at all but like animuses said, it wouldn't affect being synchronized because you have already obtained the armor. As long as you have it the way Ezio "did" then it shouldn't affect the feeling of being in the animus which I agree is very important. The problem as far as I understand it is with the health bar being decreased or increased due to the armor but I think it would give the player more of a challenge to play without it anyway plus it's near impossible to die anyway unless you fall off a building which btw is not a complaint. I enjoy feeling like an indestructible badass.

Altiar was an indestructible badass without armor! (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921150619857/749267FAD2947DC326972BC0808305F6D5399335/)

:P

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

Altiar was an indestructible badass without armor! (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921150619857/749267FAD2947DC326972BC0808305F6D5399335/)

:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And yet he had a big rgenerating health bar. Why would he have needed that, I wonder?

Jexx21
08-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

And yet he had a big rgenerating health bar. Why would he have needed that, I wonder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To sew back his torn muscles together with new sinews.

Like a god.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 03:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

And yet he had a big rgenerating health bar. Why would he have needed that, I wonder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To sew back his torn muscles together with new sinews.

Like a god. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Teh Lulz!

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 04:37 PM
but how does removable armour brake the game? it's exactly like not buying it except you're always forced to buy atleast one piece of armour.

Assassin_M
08-27-2011, 05:27 PM
but how does removable armour brake the game? it's exactly like not buying it except you're always forced to buy atleast one piece of armour.
I was like "WTF" when I heard what Gabe said..
Break the game My A** http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

C112408E
08-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Sorry, Gabe, but as soon as you started saying it would "break the game" and "blah, blah, blah" I couldn't resist giving you the finger from my computer out of rage. Ughhh, it's such a simple feature to add, yet you guys keep saying "oh it'll break the game! The armor is closely linked with Ezio's progress!". Stop making these stupid excuses. Allow us to buy weapons and buy armor and then be able to remove them as we please. I'm sorry, but the excuse you gave was one of the dumbest things I have heard from a game developer. I proceeded to *facepalm* again as soon as he said "What you are looking for is skins". If you are going to tell us that, at least give us a damned "skin" of Ezio in his robes WITHOUT armor. Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but this whole thing annoys me.

SixKeys
08-27-2011, 05:41 PM
With skins the thing that worries me is removing the option for dying your costume. The Drachen Armor was sweet, but being a skin you were stuck with the same color. So our options are either wear the armor and be able to customize your colors, or wear a skin and be stuck with the same look for the rest of the game?

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by C112408E:
Sorry, Gabe, but as soon as you started saying it would "break the game" and "blah, blah, blah" I couldn't resist giving you the finger from my computer out of rage. Ughhh, it's such a simple feature to add, yet you guys keep saying "oh it'll break the game! The armor is closely linked with Ezio's progress!". Stop making these stupid excuses. Allow us to buy weapons and buy armor and then be able to remove them as we please. I'm sorry, but the excuse you gave was one of the dumbest things I have heard from a game developer. I proceeded to *facepalm* again as soon as he said "What you are looking for is skins". If you are going to tell us that, at least give us a damned "skin" of Ezio in his robes WITHOUT armor. Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but this whole thing annoys me.

no, you're right, between Gabe choosing to answer the stupidly obvious questions, dodging a good question and answering with something completely unrelated, and saying stuff like this it seems to me that he takes us for morons. It would not brake the game and I'm curious to know how he came to that conclusion.

Everyone wants armour removal, why dodge around it and give us some skin. They don't seems to realize that some of us avoid armour like the plague to give the game the tiniest hint of difficulty in addition to actually looking like an assassin

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 06:04 PM
What I think he means by break the game is that there's some programming issue with it, or that the rising difficulty of the game requires you to have armor.

I would disagree that the game is difficult enough to require any extra health for me, but for newer players it might be.

But if its a programming issue, then all we can do is hope that they can resolve it in time to add it to the game.

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 07:49 PM
but for newer players it might be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Racru_cmFnk

AC isn't difficult.........for anyone

kriegerdesgottes
08-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I can't even watch that without going nuts. I just want to grab the controller and kill everyone.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 08:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

AC isn't difficult.........for anyone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If they followed through with our idea and made hits on no health kill you, then it would be.

Also the Followers have the lowest hit damage in the game. Normal guards will take you out if you do that.

swiftkinfe
08-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Well if it was the dagger of brutus or sword of altair it would take half an hour.

SupremeCaptain
08-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah, that game breaking comment about armour was complete and utter BS.

It's funny. Ubisoft can make a game as good as AC, but they are too stupid to even know how to add an option to remove armour. It baffles me...

Jexx21
08-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Talk to ProdiGurl, she said she had the hardest time with ACB.

Calvarok
08-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

It's funny. Ubisoft can make a game as good as AC, but they are too stupid to even know how to add an option to remove armour. It baffles me...
I strongly believe it's a programming issue. It might actually cause a complicated glitch in the game.

I just don't think that Gabe knows the specifics. He's a great guy, but he doesn't know everything about what everyone's working on.

GunnarGunderson
08-27-2011, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:

Talk to ProdiGurl, she said she had the hardest time with ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it anything as bad as iJustine and Portal 2?

C112408E
08-27-2011, 09:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

I strongly believe it's a programming issue. It might actually cause a complicated glitch in the game.

I just don't think that Gabe knows the specifics. He's a great guy, but he doesn't know everything about what everyone's working on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm nowhere near being a game developer, but I just cannot understand how removing armor or weapons can affect anything at all. All weapons (except things like the hidden blade and hidden gun of course) could be removed through the use of a glitch in AC:B, along with there being a glitch to remove all armor except for the shoulder pads and absolutely nothing was effected. When he was talking about "issues" or whatever that they would cause, he seemed to be talking about story lore-wise. I don't know. This whole thing is kind of stupid. The stuff should've been removable since AC2. It's such a simple feature that we all want, yet there have to be excuses as to why we can't. Personally, I don't like walking around in 200 pounds of armor and carrying around a dagger, an axe, and a crossbow in a game that is supposed to be about stealth and assassinations. They say this game is about choice and they let you play however you want (you know, like deciding whether to maul down every single guard in your path or to go in quiet and get the assassination and then get out), yet they don't let your look reflect it. The look they expect you to have reflects the personality of someone who goes in all guns-a-blazing.

Animuses
08-28-2011, 12:01 AM
You lose health bars when switching to a weaker set of armor... Does that break the game too? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 12:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

I just don't think that Gabe knows the specifics. He's a great guy, but he doesn't know everything about what everyone's working on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm nowhere near being a game developer, but I just cannot understand how removing armor or weapons can affect anything at all. All weapons (except things like the hidden blade and hidden gun of course) could be removed through the use of a glitch in AC:B, along with there being a glitch to remove all armor except for the shoulder pads and absolutely nothing was effected. When he was talking about "issues" or whatever that they would cause, he seemed to be talking about story lore-wise. I don't know. This whole thing is kind of stupid. The stuff should've been removable since AC2. It's such a simple feature that we all want, yet there have to be excuses as to why we can't. Personally, I don't like walking around in 200 pounds of armor and carrying around a dagger, an axe, and a crossbow in a game that is supposed to be about stealth and assassinations. They say this game is about choice and they let you play however you want (you know, like deciding whether to maul down every single guard in your path or to go in quiet and get the assassination and then get out), yet they don't let your look reflect it. The look they expect you to have reflects the personality of someone who goes in all guns-a-blazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The armor that Ezio wears is very minimalistic and lightweight, and it's structured so it allows for maximum freedom of movement. That said, the armor of Brutus and Drachen armor are NOTHING like that.

And about why it would cause a problem, why do you think bugs exist?

Programmers try to make something work, but it might accidentally affect 3 different other systems, causing them to bug out, and they can't find an easy fix for those, so they try a different method, and then it causes even more bugs form other things it interferes with, and then they have the entire rest of the game that desparately needs bug-fixes before it releases, and they decide that they can't afford to keep working on it until they have enough other bugs squared away, and when they're reaching that point, there's just not enough time to do it any more.

Implementing any feature into a game take quite a bit more work than it sounds like when you just say "ADD AN ARMOR REMOVAL OPTION".

Anyways, we still don't know if that's going to be possible in Revelations. If there was an option "appear without armor", that used a skin of your outfit in whatever dye you have, but kept the health benefits, then you could just switch down to the lowest armor, and continue on your way. If it works like that, it's not at all a bad system, even if we don't know why it's nessesary.

Again, Gabe doesn't know for sure anything about the status of features that may be making it into the game, but are uncertain.

We'll have to wait for confirmation either way.

SixKeys
08-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Also guys, remember that Gabe isn't the one doing the programming. He doesn't get to decide what goes in the game and why. The ones in charge tell him what he should say if he gets this question and he just goes on and says it.

C112408E
08-28-2011, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C112408E:

I'm nowhere near being a game developer, but I just cannot understand how removing armor or weapons can affect anything at all. All weapons (except things like the hidden blade and hidden gun of course) could be removed through the use of a glitch in AC:B, along with there being a glitch to remove all armor except for the shoulder pads and absolutely nothing was effected. When he was talking about "issues" or whatever that they would cause, he seemed to be talking about story lore-wise. I don't know. This whole thing is kind of stupid. The stuff should've been removable since AC2. It's such a simple feature that we all want, yet there have to be excuses as to why we can't. Personally, I don't like walking around in 200 pounds of armor and carrying around a dagger, an axe, and a crossbow in a game that is supposed to be about stealth and assassinations. They say this game is about choice and they let you play however you want (you know, like deciding whether to maul down every single guard in your path or to go in quiet and get the assassination and then get out), yet they don't let your look reflect it. The look they expect you to have reflects the personality of someone who goes in all guns-a-blazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The armor that Ezio wears is very minimalistic and lightweight, and it's structured so it allows for maximum freedom of movement. That said, the armor of Brutus and Drachen armor are NOTHING like that.

Programmers try to make something work, but it might accidentally affect 3 different other systems, causing them to bug out, and they can't find an easy fix for those, so they try a different method, and then it causes even more bugs form other things it interferes with, and then they have the entire rest of the game that desparately needs bug-fixes before it releases, and they decide that they can't afford to keep working on it until they have enough other bugs squared away, and when they're reaching that point, there's just not enough time to do it any more.

Implementing any feature into a game take quite a bit more work than it sounds like when you just say "ADD AN ARMOR REMOVAL OPTION".

Anyways, we still don't know if that's going to be possible in Revelations. If there was an option "appear without armor", that used a skin of your outfit in whatever dye you have, but kept the health benefits, then you could just switch down to the lowest armor, and continue on your way. If it works like that, it's not at all a bad system, even if we don't know why it's nessesary.

Again, Gabe doesn't know for sure anything about the status of features that may be making it into the game, but are uncertain.

We'll have to wait for confirmation either way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said before, I'm definitely not a game developer, but, honestly, I would think for experienced developers, adding something as simplistic as removing armor and weapons WOULD be as easy as saying "ADD AN ARMOR REMOVAL OPTION". I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but it just seems like such a simple thing to add. I wish, if there truly is a programming issue with it (somehow), that they would just tell us. No need to feel embarrassed.

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C112408E:

We'll have to wait for confirmation either way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said before, I'm definitely not a game developer, but, honestly, I would think for experienced developers, adding something as simplistic as removing armor and weapons WOULD be as easy as saying "ADD AN ARMOR REMOVAL OPTION". I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but it just seems like such a simple thing to add. I wish, if there truly is a programming issue with it (somehow), that they would just tell us. No need to feel embarrassed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just think that Ubisoft isn't used to being more open with their fans about development. I still like them, but I think they're an old fashioned studio in a time where some studios are being far more open.

naran6142
08-28-2011, 03:01 PM
i to would like the option but ubi could just make it so that we are not required to buy armor at the begining.

if they give us a skin i will be happy

GunnarGunderson
08-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
i to would like the option but ubi could just make it so that we are not required to buy armor at the begining.

if they give us a skin i will be happy

I hate that, as soon as I saw Machiavelli wanted me to buy some ugly useless thing to hang over my shoulder I took out my sword and started cutting him to ribbons in the corner, I never let that go, I hate him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

SixKeys
08-28-2011, 06:22 PM
If it's so important for Ubi that the armor can't be removed, then I suspect making it impossible to avoid in the story is part of the plan. I agree that we shouldn't be forced to buy any, but if the armor is tied to whatever "statistics" Gabe was talking about then it's unlikely they will make it optional in future games.

LightRey
08-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Like I said before, I'm definitely not a game developer, but, honestly, I would think for experienced developers, adding something as simplistic as removing armor and weapons WOULD be as easy as saying "ADD AN ARMOR REMOVAL OPTION". I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but it just seems like such a simple thing to add. I wish, if there truly is a programming issue with it (somehow), that they would just tell us. No need to feel embarrassed.
It really isn't that easy. It's hard enough editing a program with just 100 lines of code without it getting bugged, let alone a modern-day video game.

Also, I very much doubt they're too embarrassed to tell you. They're just not going to go through the trouble of announcing every small issue (and, yes, this is a small issue).

GunnarGunderson
08-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
It really isn't that easy. It's hard enough editing a program with just 100 lines of code without it getting bugged, let alone a modern-day video game.

Also, I very much doubt they're too embarrassed to tell you. They're just not going to go through the trouble of announcing every small issue (and, yes, this is a small issue). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but there can't be much of a difference between coding the ability to switch armour sets and removing it entirely, it's just a cosmetic change with the health bar changing

Jexx21
08-29-2011, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Also, I very much doubt they're too embarrassed to tell you. They're just not going to go through the trouble of announcing every small issue (and, yes, this is a small issue). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but there can't be much of a difference between coding the ability to switch armour sets and removing it entirely, it's just a cosmetic change with the health bar changing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't assume that you know how a job works. It usually ends up with the person with that job getting annoyed.

Calvarok
08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
I've heard developers for lots of different games talk about things that sound really small but they say took them months to implement, like the ability to change eye color in character customization, instead of it being tied to the preset face.

Video games are hard to make, and they only get more complicated and thus harder as the tools get better.

Making 3d modeling easier with a new program? Then your game is expected to have 3 times the detail, meaning it's more work than before.

We don't know all the facts for this. We should just hope they can get armor removal options in.

swiftkinfe
08-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Well you would think after 2 games they would finally nail it.

Animuses
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Don't assume that you know how a job works. It usually ends up with the person with that job getting annoyed.
He's not the only one assuming.

Jexx21
08-29-2011, 05:13 PM
He's not the only one assuming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err... what am I assuming?

Velvit
08-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Sigh.................... Why not just let us play the game how we want to? It is understandable if it is because of programming issues, if it is I would wish they would tell us.

SupremeCaptain
08-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Just look at Oblivion, that can remove armour and much more. So I dunno why Ubisoft can't make it.

After 2 games, I have absolutely no idea why they haven't found a way to implement this. They can obviously program more complicated things than armour removal.

Animuses
08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Not you, but you only pointed him out while there are others assuming as well.

LightRey
08-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Not you, but you only pointed him out while there are others assuming as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It doesn't matter. It's very likely that it's very hard to change this particular part of the game.

Coding gets really complicated really easily. It's one of the main reasons code is written down in such an organized way. Once you've made one mistake, just finding where the problem lies could take ages, let alone fixing it.

Jexx21
08-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
Just look at Oblivion, that can remove armour and much more. So I dunno why Ubisoft can't make it.

After 2 games, I have absolutely no idea why they haven't found a way to implement this. They can obviously program more complicated things than armour removal.

Do not compare Oblivion and Assassin's Creed. Oblivion is an RPG, it's runs on the Gamebryo engine. The Gamebryo engine is infamous for being immensely buggy, but it is also very easily moddable. Look up the 'TES Nexus'.

Ubisoft is presumably using an engine that they built from scratch, but I can't be sure of that. And Assassin's Creed isn't moddable past certain textures I think.

Two different games, two different genres, two very different engines.