PDA

View Full Version : whistle Sound idea

watteville
12-14-2004, 01:05 PM
one of the reason I love the 109 is the engine sound, the whistling is very important because it is "AIR" and AIR is what makes an airplane fly, hence I feel more like flying when in a 109.

the idea would be to add a whistling sound mixing with the engine to all aircrafts starting at 100kmh the whistle would increase in volume and pitch as speed increases to become a deafening jet like shriek at 700kmh, also when lowering the gear or flaps the whistle should change dramatically as if a combinations of 3-4 flutes where playing at the same time.

I came to this conclusion based on my own observations as a glider pilot that at 200kmh in a laminar flow carbon fiber modern glider I have to sream to have a conversation with my passenger ... so I can only imagine what it would be to dive at 600 kmh in a metal Spitfire with the engine shut off! I would love to help on this one

watteville
12-14-2004, 01:05 PM
one of the reason I love the 109 is the engine sound, the whistling is very important because it is "AIR" and AIR is what makes an airplane fly, hence I feel more like flying when in a 109.

the idea would be to add a whistling sound mixing with the engine to all aircrafts starting at 100kmh the whistle would increase in volume and pitch as speed increases to become a deafening jet like shriek at 700kmh, also when lowering the gear or flaps the whistle should change dramatically as if a combinations of 3-4 flutes where playing at the same time.

I came to this conclusion based on my own observations as a glider pilot that at 200kmh in a laminar flow carbon fiber modern glider I have to sream to have a conversation with my passenger ... so I can only imagine what it would be to dive at 600 kmh in a metal Spitfire with the engine shut off! I would love to help on this one

Wolf-Strike
12-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Sounds great...Im all for it.Right now the high scream in outside flybys when diving sounds riduculous.This would help out alot there.

Of course there are a lot of nutjobs that post here that want total realism.They will post and post and post until they convince Oleg that planes did not have a whistle in the background.