PDA

View Full Version : Screen Tear

billybrush2007
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Sooo...the game looks great, however the gameplay vid they loaded up on Xbox marketplace has loooads of screen tearing, which the 1st game had.

..when demoed at the PS conference this was not the case.

I however just have 360 so will get it for that. But am a more than a little concerned about the amount of screen tear on show.

billybrush2007
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Sooo...the game looks great, however the gameplay vid they loaded up on Xbox marketplace has loooads of screen tearing, which the 1st game had.

..when demoed at the PS conference this was not the case.

I however just have 360 so will get it for that. But am a more than a little concerned about the amount of screen tear on show.

KZarr
06-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Mind me asking, but what's screen tear?

bsmithree
06-16-2009, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">n </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
are you talking about the "glitches"
I dont see the importance

Losk_
06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
screen tearing is what happens when you display your frame buffer before you're finished drawing a complete frame of video into it. So you get part of the new frame and part of the old frame displayed on screen at the same time.

UbersoftLol
06-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Screen Tearing is also referred to as "Boxing" and is shown as a weird box like graphic(s) which looks like a temporary frozen section(s) of the previous frame displayed on your screen, because bits from the previous frame are still there as a new frame comes into place (think of it as overlapping the new frame). This usually occurs because of rapid camera movement or rapid moving of objects shown onscreen and if V-Sync isn't enabled.

DearDirty
06-17-2009, 06:50 AM
Dude, are you sure its not actually meant to happen. It happens heaps when you're in the animus.

Also, didn't know that screens cried. PUN!

Losk_
06-17-2009, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DearDirty:
Dude, are you sure its not actually meant to happen. It happens heaps when you're in the animus.

Also, didn't know that screens cried. PUN! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went back to rewatched the video. There are the intentional animus 'glitches' but yes there is also quite a bit of screen tearing. I am not too worried about it though, its months from release after all.

godsmack_darius
06-17-2009, 08:10 PM
And they are actually still working on the game as well eh
their still working on the Aiming for the Gun on Ezios arm
plus it was a dmeo, it wouldnt be perfect