PDA

View Full Version : help, i'm really in the dark here!

moonsign
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Loaded, pf over fb, and everything fine. Today all the mission are in the dark. plane, hangers ect. are visable, and so are enemy airfields, planes ect. and vis from distance.There are just no terrain feachers, except clouds. any ideas? moonsign

3.JG51_BigBear
01-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow that's pretty nuts. Do you have some more specifics. System specs, were you trying to run a mission, qmb, online game, coop, etc.

moonsign
01-27-2005, 06:17 PM
I was just playing single missions. same missions today are all black. It's like something swiched me to night missions. my plane,and enemy ground targets are vis, just no ground features at all. yesterday was fine, and have'nt changed anything. pf stand alone not affected, only merged install. It's weird as hell. moonsign

Capt.LoneRanger
01-27-2005, 06:21 PM
sounds like a severe problem either with your gfx-card, or -if you're lucky- with your drivers. Try to reinstall the drivers and DirectX.

moonsign
01-27-2005, 11:16 PM
As a last resort,i unstalled both, cleaned out old files, de-fraged, reg cleaner,checked drivers,x800pro works fine in ms2004. re-installed pf stand alone, and am getting same problem,no terain features,only night time looking screen. buildings,planes,trucks ect.show up fine, but no ground, only black.
anyone got a answer for this one. i'm stumped. moonsign

UKPsycho
01-28-2005, 10:46 AM
When you uninstalled both, did you delete the remaining game folders? Sometimes the uninstaller leaves folders and traces of the original install behind. I always make a point of deleting all 'left overs' before reinstalling. Just a thought!

Slick750
01-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Do other games have problems?..did you try in DirectX mode?

Slingn
01-28-2005, 11:38 AM
go post your specs and problem in the help forum. you'll get better advise there

moonsign
01-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Guy's i think i found the problem. After checking out everything, and i mean everything, and coming up short, just on a hunch I ran virus scan.Here's what i found,[unwanted program]ILookup.dll[twice].Deleted Ilookup.dll, and re-loaded PF, now works fine. Will try a Il-2 FB,AEP,then a PF merge. That unwanted program now deleted, seemed to be the problem I was having. "Moonsign" OUT