PDA

View Full Version : How are the Skytrain coming on?



Yellonet
02-05-2005, 04:15 AM
...what you say... no one is modeling that one? WHAT?? *sob sob*

All I wanted was to fly a no weapon cargo/para-troop mission... oh well..

triggerhappyfin
02-05-2005, 05:04 AM
This plane sure deserve to be made flyable!! so does JU-52! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

But it need some objectives gameplay wise also.

HotelBushranger
02-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Yeah, we need a flyable Junkers!
Actually, that would be quite fun, only if you were the gunner though lol. But then again, it takes great skill to line up a paradrop LZ!

cwojackson
02-05-2005, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by triggerhappyfin:
This plane sure deserve to be made flyable!! so does JU-52! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

But it need some objectives gameplay wise also. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>C-47 making supply drops in Burma while avoiding ground fire and Japanese aircraft.

JU-52 trying to supply German forces trapped in Russia...and hopefully, later in the Med...

Tooz_69GIAP
02-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I've posted about this sorta stuff before, and I would absolutely love to fly supply drop missions, paratroop missions, med evac missions, etc, etc.

Imagine flying suplies into Stalingrad for the beleagured 6th army, or dropping the 101st over Normandy, and all that sorta stuff!! Would be so cool doing intense objective based missions avoiding fighter patrols, navigating to your drop zone, and getting out again always with the threat of being bounced and blown out of the sky. Would have me on my seat, that's for sure.

Only problem is that are no features in the game that could facillitate this kind of gameplay I don't think.

Things like a certain percentage of supplies have to get through, or you have to evacuate a percentage of wounded from a pocket, or you need to drop so many paratroopers in a certain area, or pick up so many downed pilots in the sea.

Maybe we'll have it in BoB.

cwojackson
02-05-2005, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
I've posted about this sorta stuff before, and I would absolutely love to fly supply drop missions, paratroop missions, med evac missions, etc, etc.

Imagine flying suplies into Stalingrad for the beleagured 6th army, or dropping the 101st over Normandy, and all that sorta stuff!! Would be so cool doing intense objective based missions avoiding fighter patrols, navigating to your drop zone, and getting out again always with the threat of being bounced and blown out of the sky. Would have me on my seat, that's for sure.

Only problem is that are no features in the game that could facillitate this kind of gameplay I don't think.

Things like a certain percentage of supplies have to get through, or you have to evacuate a percentage of wounded from a pocket, or you need to drop so many paratroopers in a certain area, or pick up so many downed pilots in the sea.

Maybe we'll have it in BoB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Now you've gotten me interested in another area which shouldn't be that difficult to incorporate: photo-recon.

Aztek_Eagle
02-05-2005, 09:27 PM
i certanly hope there is ai infantery in bob, imagine, suport the advancing infantery in normandy

triggerhappyfin
02-06-2005, 02:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
I've posted about this sorta stuff before, and I would absolutely love to fly supply drop missions, paratroop missions, med evac missions, etc, etc.

Imagine flying suplies into Stalingrad for the beleagured 6th army, or dropping the 101st over Normandy, and all that sorta stuff!! Would be so cool doing intense objective based missions avoiding fighter patrols, navigating to your drop zone, and getting out again always with the threat of being bounced and blown out of the sky. Would have me on my seat, that's for sure.

Only problem is that are no features in the game that could facillitate this kind of gameplay I don't think.

Things like a certain percentage of supplies have to get through, or you have to evacuate a percentage of wounded from a pocket, or you need to drop so many paratroopers in a certain area, or pick up so many downed pilots in the sea.

Maybe we'll have it in BoB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As the name of the game is BoB, it prolly wont give us those features.
If we are able to get it, it have to be in this game. Otherwise we have to wait a long time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

DuxCorvan
02-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Now that you say, there're no true Japanese transports in the game, not even AI. I can't believe everybody only used DC-3 clones around the globe. That seems a little work-saving workaround, but there should be some other Japanese AI planes -recon, liaison, transports- for the sake of variety. Even allied look a little faulty in this (C-46, L-5, Ventura...).

OK, I know, I know... But air war is not only fighting and bombing, ok?

actionhank1786
02-06-2005, 10:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
Now that you say, there're no true Japanese transports in the game, not even AI. I can't believe everybody only used DC-3 clones around the globe. That seems a little work-saving workaround, but there should be some other Japanese AI planes -recon, liaison, transports- for the sake of variety. Even allied look a little faulty in this (C-46, L-5, Ventura...).

OK, I know, I know... But air war is not only fighting and bombing, ok? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm all for more targets http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
What about that B-24 version that did the Anti-Shipping work, i forget the name of it...and googles just too far away

Cmte. Carvalho
02-06-2005, 12:45 PM
There are a lot of "civil flyers" that don't buy a sim such IL-2 because teorically it would have only fighters and bombers... I'm almost sure that if Oleg and team could add some flyable transportation aircraft with soldiers and cargo drop missions and even a campaign, for sure a new door for simmers would be oppened and the sales would raise. For sure a great idea.

cwojackson
02-06-2005, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aztek_Eagle:
i certanly hope there is ai infantery in bob, imagine, suport the advancing infantery in normandy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Or the possiblity of supporting the advancing infantry on the English coast???

Yimmy
02-06-2005, 01:28 PM
What exactly happenes at the moment when the Ai uses the C47 with parachutists?

Can you get them to drop the para's on an air field by setting it as a ground target? What do the men do whe they hit the ground? Disapear?

DuxCorvan
02-06-2005, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yimmy:
What do the men do whe they hit the ground? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They eat grass and dance naked around five types of fire. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Yimmy
02-06-2005, 03:59 PM
lol, I just tried it for myself, and see they act as a downed pilot, and vanish.

Flakenstien
02-06-2005, 04:08 PM
A flyable C47 would be great!!
After all like MacArthur said "Without the C47 this war might have been lost"

The C47 was a pivotal part of WWII, it was not only used for dropping supplies and paratroopers but most all C47 that dropped paratroopers later return to the point of battle as Medivac aircraft.
Not to mention at times they were used as "bomber" and also one has been credited for downing a Zero, not many cargo craft can make that claim http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Qbeesh800
02-07-2005, 05:09 AM
You know what? I think i need some mi-24 hind sim. Theres no chopper sim nowadays.
Returning to the topic. God, i'd love too fly supply missions in C-47 or ju 52, but theres no chance for this. Flyable b29 has more chances, i think.

Yellonet
02-07-2005, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
I've posted about this sorta stuff before, and I would absolutely love to fly supply drop missions, paratroop missions, med evac missions, etc, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So have I, and so would I http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
...and yeah, bump!

Yellonet
02-07-2005, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Qbeesh800:
You know what? I think i need some mi-24 hind sim. Theres no chopper sim nowadays.
Returning to the topic. God, i'd love too fly supply missions in C-47 or ju 52, but theres no chance for this. Flyable b29 has more chances, i think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No chance? Please elaborate.

Oilburner_TAW
02-07-2005, 09:02 PM
There was one...and it was one of the most enjoyable games I have every played.


http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/hind/

edit: I have to add something here, i started thinking about this game and how ahead of it's time it was. There were a bunch of careers to play, and in these missions were included (besides the obvious "fly here blow stuff up") supply drop, troop drop, medevac, and troop pickup. Many missions involved a combo of this.